Due in November 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#176 BluJay

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

So, I'm getting a little worried......

I don't feel at all pregnant.  I'm 5+1 today, and it was at 5 weeks with both previous pregnancies that I was feeling incredibly nauseous. It was the nausea with both that made me test! But this time - nothing. I feel nothing at all actually. Not extra tired, no sore breasts. Just, nothing.

I can't have my dating scan for another week, I only just had bloods taken on Thursday just gone. GP said come back in after scan.

Has anyone else not felt the same as previous pregnancies but had a good outcome?

#177 Asil87

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:33 PM

Hi everyone! I’m also joining after getting my BFP a couple of weeks ago. Going by my dates I’m due 7th November. This will be number 3 for me. I have two boys aged 2 and 3 1/2. I also had a miscarriage last year so I’m a bit nervous but definitely have more symptoms this time around. Congratulations to everyone! Hope the next 8ish months go smoothly for us all! :)

#178 ohhhhello

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

View PostBluJay, on 17 March 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I don't feel at all pregnant.  I'm 5+1 today, and it was at 5 weeks with both previous pregnancies that I was feeling incredibly nauseous. It was the nausea with both that made me test! But this time - nothing. I feel nothing at all actually. Not extra tired, no sore breasts. Just, nothing.

I can't have my dating scan for another week, I only just had bloods taken on Thursday just gone. GP said come back in after scan.

Has anyone else not felt the same as previous pregnancies but had a good outcome?

so i literally just came on here to talk about how panicked i have been over the last 2 days.
so im now 7 + 2, but i've never had crazy symptoms. i've had sore boobs, burping, nausea, bloating on and off, but nothing sever at all.
the last few days i felt the symptoms lessen even more and now im completely freaking out. literally to the point i struggle to even sleep.
i have my first scan on Tuesday morning, but even that feels so far away! im now stuck in a ruck of just feeling empty :(

has anybody else had this? i know every pregnancy is different, and this is my first so i have no idea. my mum didn't have symptoms at all when pregnant with her kids so maybe we are just lucky??? but i am seriously so stressed and sad. i feel like ive written it off already...

#179 Monna

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:46 PM

Ohhhhello it sounds somewhat similar to my pregnancy with DD - I had sore boobs, was tired and was more hungry but that was it. I didn't have any nausea, no cravings or food aversions or anything like that. Also my symptoms really dropped off around 9 weeks. I remember completely freaking out in the weeks before my 12 week scan because I was convinced it had all gone wrong. But no, she was perfectly healthy and it was the most textbook pregnancy you could ever ask for!

#180 RunningRuby

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:13 PM

Contratulations to all the newcomers, it’s great to see our little group grow!
I can totally relate to panicking, I haven’t had any symptoms and its freaking me out slightly. No fatigue, I’m still exercising every day, no tender boobs and no super sense of smell! I’d just like a teeny tiny symptom please so I know everything is going well in there! I had quite bad ms with my first and had to hug the toilet multiple times a day. I know it’s still early days for me at 4+5, but it’s hard not to worry. And I know when MS will hit I will just wish for it to go away again!

#181 Summer81

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

View PostBluJay, on 17 March 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

Hi and welcome Blujay! I had almost close to zero symptoms with my boys and wondered the same thing. They are now 3 and 5. In contrast my last pregnancy that ended in MC I was actually quite sick. This time around I'm quite sick again... and convinced it's a girl because it's so different from my boys. All the best and fx for you!

#182 Summer81

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:51 AM

View Postohhhhello, on 17 March 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

so i literally just came on here to talk about how panicked i have been over the last 2 days.
so im now 7 + 2, but i've never had crazy symptoms. i've had sore boobs, burping, nausea, bloating on and off, but nothing sever at all.
the last few days i felt the symptoms lessen even more and now im completely freaking out. literally to the point i struggle to even sleep.
i have my first scan on Tuesday morning, but even that feels so far away! im now stuck in a ruck of just feeling empty :(

has anybody else had this? i know every pregnancy is different, and this is my first so i have no idea. my mum didn't have symptoms at all when pregnant with her kids so maybe we are just lucky??? but i am seriously so stressed and sad. i feel like ive written it off already...

Ohhello with my boys I had very little symptoms. My boobs were the tiniest bit sore (not even that, just different) with what felt like pre menstrual cramping (so light but frequent) and even those symptoms disappeared quickly until nothing from about 7-8 weeks.

The dating scan for both i was surprised there was something in there!

So have hope, lack of symptoms can be normal! Fx for your scan Tuesday x

#183 Asil87

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:17 AM

Hi BluJay and ohhhhello. Just wanted to add that I had a very similar experience to Summer81 with both of my boys. Very little symptoms, some mild nausea but that was about it. I was also nervous going for my scans, I thought they might tell me I was crazy and had imagined the whole thing! This time around my nausea is worse so it just goes to show that each pregnancy can be different. Fingers crossed for both of you!

#184 Sophmarg

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

Hi all!

A pregnancy AND forum newbie here - excuse me in advance if I don't know the lingo or abbreviations!!

I took a positive pregnancy test x 2 on Thursday after a missed period and just had my blood test yesterday to confirm. It all feels very surreal and I'm not even saying the P word yet. My periods are longish (31-37 days) and irregular so not sure how far along I am, but my LMP was 8th Feb. According to calculations I'm getting anything from around 4 and a half to 6 weeks.

Symptoms so far are a little bit of tiredness the last day or two (enough to have an arvo nap where I never normally would) and some very occasional passing cramps that feel like light period pains. My sister and mum had very severe nausea and vomiting throughout so I am gearing up for a hellish time pretty soon.

So far, the whole thing is very surreal and I'm feeling cautious, nervous, and the odd bit of excitement. When did it start to 'feel real' for you? I am expecting it will be at least until after the first scan for me.

I'm in the western suburbs of Melbourne and hoping to get on to the caseload program at the Women's - will ask for a referral from my GP when I go back for blood results. Any experience with caseload?

Congrats to all, looking forward to sharing some of the journey with all you wonderful women! xx

#185 RunningRuby

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

Welcome Sophmarg, I know exactly what you mean, I even though this is my second it feels very sureal!
I’m from Melbourne too and had my first baby at the Women’s, I did shared care so don’t think I could’ve gotten into the caseload program too? But, I just wanted to say all the midwives we encountered at the RWH were amazing, I had a male midwife for my birth and I couldn’t have faulted him! I’ve decided to go private this time but only because it’s my second and I’d like those extra few days at the hospital so I can bond with the new baby, otherwise I definitely would’ve gone back to the women’s!

Hope you have an uneventful 8 months ahead of you and morning sickness is holding off for a while!

Edited by RunningRuby, 18 March 2018 - 03:36 PM.

#186 Sophmarg

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

That is comforting to hear about RWH, RunningRuby! I hear great things, I must say, particularly about the midwives.

Hope it goes well for you too!

#187 i_spy_blue

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

When I was pregnant with my son, it didn't start to 'feel real' until the 12 week scan and I saw him looking like a 'real baby'. Hasn't really sunk in this time around yet either...

Edited by i_spy_blue, 18 March 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#188 Daisycakes18

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

I have a son and daughter already, and with both I never had any sickness or much symptoms at all. Sore boobs was pretty much it! I remember going in to our 12 week scan with my son and the lady was like “how are you going today?” and I was like “umm, good, I just want to make sure there is actually something in there”. 😂😂😂 With my daughter I had early on spotting, so had scans at around 5.5 and 9 weeks, so I knew she was in there early on, but again, no actual symptoms. I’m the same at the moment too, sore boobs and that’s it! I did have some spotting last week, at about the 5.5 week mark, so I’m half thinking this little bean is another girl.

Try and a stay positive everyone! If there was one thing I learnt having my older two, it’s that not everyone gets sick! I was surprised at how many people said to me that they were never sick. I kind of feel like morning sickness is more publicised and talked about and you just assume you will be sick because of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.