Due in November 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#26 SunnySix

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

View Postbondikeyes, on 02 March 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hi….first time poster here. I apologise in advance if I don’t get the lingo right! I got married in October 2017 and had to wait 6 weeks for the Zika test, so first time really trying in Jan. First time pregnant!

I had my first BFP on 20th Feb….and spotting on the 20th and 21st. Went to the doctor to confirm via blood test & check my hcg levels.

21st – 30

23rd – 90

26th – 360

2nd march -???

No spotting since the first time then, hopefully it was implantation bleeding? I’m due on the 1st November. I’m a bit worried because I feel fine! I’m exhausted and I felt nauseous two days in a row for about 5 mins at a time but except for being exhausted and a super sense of smell, I feel normal! I think I book in for a dating scan soon?

Welcome :) what an exciting few months you have had!

#27 bondikeyes

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

thanks growing my tribe! We also completed a major house renovation after living with my parents for 18 months...I'm please to be back home (now with a roof that doesn't leak!). Its really nice to be able to post here with people that understand. My husband is excited, but doesn't really understand why I'm worried. Happy friday everyone!

#28 ohhhhello

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

View Postbondikeyes, on 02 March 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hi….first time poster here. I apologise in advance if I don’t get the lingo right! I got married in October 2017 and had to wait 6 weeks for the Zika test, so first time really trying in Jan. First time pregnant!

I had my first BFP on 20th Feb….and spotting on the 20th and 21st. Went to the doctor to confirm via blood test & check my hcg levels.
21st – 30
23rd – 90
26th – 360
2nd march -???
No spotting since the first time then, hopefully it was implantation bleeding? I’m due on the 1st November. I’m a bit worried because I feel fine! I’m exhausted and I felt nauseous two days in a row for about 5 mins at a time but except for being exhausted and a super sense of smell, I feel normal! I think I book in for a dating scan soon?

dw - i dont get the lingo right either. and its my first too!!
most people have scans around 8 weeks or so.
Go to GP first and get referral; to nearest hospital (public) or ob (private), then call them and they will talk you through next steps.

your symptoms sound exactly like mine! i think it might be a bit early to have hardcore symptoms. at least we are all on a similar page.

View PostGrowingmytribe, on 02 March 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Ohhhello I have a webpage saved in my phone which shows the percentage decrease per day. By my non professional calculations and no lmp to go off, I’m not 4 weeks until Sunday.

its hard not to be obsessed with the %'s, but i suppose there is nothing we can do except be gentle with our bodies at this point, and minimize stress. (easier said that done though!)

#29 Monna

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Bondikeyes welcome!  And yay to falling pregnant straight away!

My GP yesterday told me most people who get past 6 weeks are fine. Also I've read in the past that once a heartbeat is detected the changes of MC drop really significantly.

Just a question to those that have had multiple HCG draws taken... is that something that your doctor just offered or was there a specific reason? My GP has never offered that, in fact she now routinely doesn't even order HCG in the first place. The only reason I got it this time is because of my blighted ovum saga last year and I had no levels to compare from. She promised next time I was pregnant she'd order them :lol:

#30 bondikeyes

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

Hey Mona,
thank you! I'm really happy we fell pregnant right away...i was in a bit of shock through! Happy shock.

the first blood test for hcg levels was to confirm the pregnancy. Then I had a tiny tiny amount of spotting over two days so my doctor said that I needed the hcg tests to ensure everything was progressing as normal.

so hopefully after this last one (which was today) I wont need any for a while. I'm REALLY bad with needles so I dread getting blood tests.

hope your GP appointment went well Monna!!!

#31 ohhhhello

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

Monna - i had a HCG test to confirm pregnancy because i got  BFP so damn early.

Then because it was so early the HCG was low (even though it was doubling correctly), so i had another one to double check.
I wont be getting another one though.

saying all of this, the first time i went to GP they said no need for blood test as POAS is accurate.

sometimes i feel that more data can make it more of a worry and obsession.
Somehow i want to find a way to chill out a bit.

and yes Monna - i have heard the same thing about 6 weeks! the chance of MC drops alot, particularly once you hear the heartbeat (which is at first scan)

Edited by ohhhhello, 02 March 2018 - 01:09 PM.

#32 Monna

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

oh yeah that makes sense then. I just often see people most multiple hcg levels (not just here) and wondered!

haha yeah I know what you mean about being in shock, with my first pregnancy (that resulted in our 2yo) it was our first month and we weren't even properly trying. The first test came up such a strong positive and I was in such shock that I thought I must have done the test wrong! That's how naive I was then :lol:

GP appointment went well, except she did a pap test which she assured me is safe in pregnancy (and I assume she knows what she's talking about) but it still freaked me out her being "down there". We did have a laugh though, because after my d&c she was giving me a pep talk that she was confident I'd be pregnant again soon, when I left that appointment she said "I'll see you in February" and she was just about right!

ohhhhello yes that was my GP's opinion, that the HPTs are so accurate the bloods aren't necessary, plus the range is so large that it doesn't mean a lot anyway (unless you do multiple draws to see the rise).

#33 SunnySix

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:51 PM

Yeah my last two pregnancies they didn’t do hcg. I also have never had a dating scan. I try and have as little intervention as possible. Not sure if they will try and convince me to have a scan this time, given they don’t have a lmp to date Bub with. But I know when I ovulated so I hope they can just use that.

#34 Summer81

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

Welcome Bondikeyes fx for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!

I had dating scans for previous 3 pregnancies but may not do this time. Didn't have much in the way of MS with my boys just felt hungover in the morning before eating and the occasional late afternoon vomit if I'd had a big day at work. Hoping I'm feeling OK this time around as well. Strangely the sickest I'd been was before my MC last year. Not sure what the go was there seems the opposite to what people say happens.

Think I'll just wait for 12 week scan plus NIPT (with gender as well because i like to know haha).

5 weeks today not much going on in terms of signs but expecting a little more by 6 weeks when signs generally settle in a bit more!

Hope everyone is feeling OK!

I'm going public this time- have gone private first 2 times and can't really justify the cost this time- I know what I'm doing after bub arrives so will be keen to go home, any my second labour was 2 weeks early and VERY fast so my OB didn't even make the birth Haha!

Edited by Summer81, 02 March 2018 - 08:27 PM.

#35 Jmjb85

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

Hi ladies!

I recognise some of you from the TTC boards - yay for us!

I got my BFP this morning 10DPO so still prior to AF, which is due around Wednesday.
I did a First Response and got a very solid line, then did a cheapy brand from Chemist Warehouse (freedom?) and got a faint line on that - 25mIU so I was happy with that!
Initial calculators telling me i'm due 15 November.

I'm 32 and DH is almost 30, TTC for 8 cycles for #1. Cant believe this actually may be happening - pretty surreal!
I'm based in the Eastern Suburbs in Melbourne.

I guess the plan is to wait until I've missed AF 100% - then make a docs appointment to confirm?!

#36 SunnySix

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

View PostJmjb85, on 04 March 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hi ladies!

I got my BFP this morning 10DPO so still prior to AF, which is due around Wednesday.
I did a First Response and got a very solid line, then did a cheapy brand from Chemist Warehouse (freedom?) and got a faint line on that - 25mIU so I was happy with that!

I'm 32 and DH is almost 30, TTC for 8 cycles for #1. Cant believe this actually may be happening - pretty surreal!

I guess the plan is to wait until I've missed AF 100% - then make a docs appointment to confirm?!

Welcome and congratulations :)
First response are great, much more sensitive in my experience.
I found out last Wednesday but pretty sure I’m only 4 weeks today. I’ve booked a doctors appointment for tomorrow, although I assume all they will do is check my immunity levels. I’d wait a little longer to go but I need a referral for my ob, so I can call up and book him in.

#37 Summer81

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Congrats Jmjb85!! Great news :)

Anyone showing any signs yet? I'm really not seeing anything other than very mildly sore boobs and some extra CM. Trying not to overthink it but wondering now if I might have a dating scan to reassure me there's something actually there!!

#38 ohhhhello

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

View PostJmjb85, on 04 March 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hi ladies!

Welcome! So glad to see u here.

Make and appoint with your gp and they will organise next steps for  hospital and any bloods if they think required. Then u just gotta hang out until scan around 7-8 weeks.

#39 ohhhhello

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostSummer81, on 04 March 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Congrats Jmjb85!! Great news :)

Anyone showing any signs yet? I'm really not seeing anything other than very mildly sore boobs and some extra CM. Trying not to overthink it but wondering now if I might have a dating scan to reassure me there's something actually there!!

I was so panicked about lack of symptoms too! Doctor said everything is fine. I’ve also heard that symptoms really kick in about week 6.
I think my boobs are getting more sore and I’m tired, my appetite is a little off, but no neausea at all.

Also, a scan at this stage won’t show a heartbeat so I think it’ll just start panic u more. U could always get hcg blood tests to reassure u that u are pregnant and things are okay.

Edited by ohhhhello, 04 March 2018 - 06:44 PM.

#40 Summer81

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

I know I'm being silly I hardly had any signs with my 2 boys! Just impatient I guess and hoping everything is OK! Time is going so slowly haha!

#41 Monna

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

View PostSummer81, on 04 March 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

From last Saturday to Thursday I was really tired, couldn't think very clearly, and just a bit nqr in the tummy. Now all that has disappeared and I have no symptoms whatsoever so slightly freaking out even though I know it's early days!

#42 Summer81

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

I'm hoping I'm not eating my words in a week if/when I'm vomiting my breakfast up 😂

#43 SunnySix

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

I’m only 4 weeks today and the only symptoms I have is the overdrive of extra hormones, causing bigger emotions. A few times I have felt so angry on the inside that I think my blood will boil haha. The other day was a sad day but I literally couldn’t stop myself from crying ALL day.

#44 musicalgirl_85

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:29 PM

Congrats and welcome to all the newbies! :yes:

I'm 5+1 today and haven't felt many symptoms apart from some minor cramping, and twinges when I roll over in bed. When I was pregnant with DS the nausea started on 6w to the day - ironically while I was waiting for my ondansetron prescription to get filled! I will be getting some tomorrow for when the time inevitably comes... I hope none of us get sick!

After my last pregnancy being a CP, I've been feeling a bit unsure and not wanting to get my hopes up this time. Last week I took one of the clearblue tests that show the no. of weeks and it said 2-3 weeks, so I'm feeling good about that! I put off my blood test, because I thought why bother go through getting a needle if it's another CP, but I'm just past the point it ended last time so am feeling a bit more confident. Also, the doc didn't ask for hcg levels in this blood test as she thought it would make me anxious and not change the outcome anyway. True, but not knowing also makes me anxious!! Can't win! So, we're just testing iron levels as I've been craving steak for about 2 weeks, and vitamin D as I was low last time. Can't wait for 7-8w when I can see my ob and confirm a heartbeat :yes:

Edited by musicalgirl_85, 04 March 2018 - 09:30 PM.

#45 ohhhhello

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

Hey musicgal_85 , i can only imagine how nervous you are feeling after a CP.. this is my first BFP, and i feel like i am petrified. even if i have a pain on the left side, i think omg its stuck in my tube - thinking the most crazy worst case things. i think when you want it so bad, it can panic you and make you think of all the different scenarios.

could getting HCG tested make you feel confident that it isn't a CP.. it might help you stay calm for the next 2-3 weeks until you have your scan..

#46 Jmjb85

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

View Postohhhhello, on 05 March 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

Hey musicgal_85 , i can only imagine how nervous you are feeling after a CP.. this is my first BFP, and i feel like i am petrified. even if i have a pain on the left side, i think omg its stuck in my tube - thinking the most crazy worst case things. i think when you want it so bad, it can panic you and make you think of all the different scenarios.

Ohhhello = me to a T! My brain is running overtime on me, my tummy is slightly sore on my left side, so I'm convinced something bad is happening... did another 2 tests this morning and yep, def positive... but my mind wanders and wont stop! Heck, we thought the 2WW was bad... how will we be for the next 9ish weeks until 12 weeks?! lol

#47 ohhhhello

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:13 AM

View PostJmjb85, on 05 March 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

Ohhhello = me to a T! My brain is running overtime on me, my tummy is slightly sore on my left side, so I'm convinced something bad is happening... did another 2 tests this morning and yep, def positive... but my mind wanders and wont stop! Heck, we thought the 2WW was bad... how will we be for the next 9ish weeks until 12 weeks?! lol

haha i know !! lol im like hang on, i thought i was meant to feel overwhelmed with excitement once I got the BFP,  not overcome with fear haha

i think once we have our first scans and hear the heartbeat, then we will feel calmer. the level of risk goes down significantly once you hear the heartbeat.
2 weeks 1 day until my scan!

and luckily, im away next week so dont have to worry about hiding my tiredness.

#48 Jmjb85

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

View Postohhhhello, on 05 March 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

haha i know !! lol im like hang on, i thought i was meant to feel overwhelmed with excitement once I got the BFP,  not overcome with fear haha

i think once we have our first scans and hear the heartbeat, then we will feel calmer. the level of risk goes down significantly once you hear the heartbeat.
2 weeks 1 day until my scan!

and luckily, im away next week so dont have to worry about hiding my tiredness.

I haven't got my scanbooked yet...I haven't even been to docs to confirm yet! 2 days of positive tests, AF due Wednesday so I thought I should wait until that didnt come to go to docs.... or am I just being silly and should make an appointment ASAP? Just thought there might have been a chance they'd tell me to come back another day!

#49 musicalgirl_85

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

The combination of being excited and petrified at the same time is soo weird, hey?!

Ohhhello I'm getting a pain on my left side occasionally too! So, I'm  sure we're both fine! Where are you going away? Hopefully somewhere relaxing....

Getting pregnant with my DS happened the first month of trying and then was pretty smooth sailing, and even the CP was us getting pregnant the 1st month of trying. So, I think it just brought me back to reality a bit. It is hard when you really want it though huh.

Jmjb85 make an apointment whenever you like. It's an exciting time, so they won't judge you if you go in before AF is due :yes:  Like this group, it's nice to be able to share the news with someone!!

#50 ohhhhello

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostJmjb85, on 05 March 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

I haven't got my scanbooked yet...I haven't even been to docs to confirm yet! 2 days of positive tests, AF due Wednesday so I thought I should wait until that didnt come to go to docs.... or am I just being silly and should make an appointment ASAP? Just thought there might have been a chance they'd tell me to come back another day!

i went to the doctor as soon as i had a BFP - and i ended up seeing her a few days before AF was due. just make an appointment and go from there. no reason at all to wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.