Due in November 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#51 ohhhhello

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

View Postmusicalgirl_85, on 05 March 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

The combination of being excited and petrified at the same time is soo weird, hey?!

Ohhhello I'm getting a pain on my left side occasionally too! So, I'm  sure we're both fine! Where are you going away? Hopefully somewhere relaxing....

Getting pregnant with my DS happened the first month of trying and then was pretty smooth sailing, and even the CP was us getting pregnant the 1st month of trying. So, I think it just brought me back to reality a bit. It is hard when you really want it though huh.

Jmjb85 make an apointment whenever you like. It's an exciting time, so they won't judge you if you go in before AF is due :yes:  Like this group, it's nice to be able to share the news with someone!!

lucky lady getting pregnant so quick! we were 8 months, including a surgery. i am going away just up to our family holiday house - should be so relaxing.. im on countdown mode. then we come home and 2 days later have our scan!

#52 musicalgirl_85

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:05 AM

View Postohhhhello, on 05 March 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

lucky lady getting pregnant so quick! we were 8 months, including a surgery. i am going away just up to our family holiday house - should be so relaxing.. im on countdown mode. then we come home and 2 days later have our scan!

Yep, I know we're very lucky. It must have been so tough for you with surgery and waiting. It will be so amzing when you get to hear the heartbeat and see your little bean wriggling around :yes:

I've just booked an appointment with my ob for 19th, so there's my next 2ww!  Haha!

#53 Jmjb85

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

GP appointment booked Wednesday at 6:30pm (earliest available) - lets get this DONE! lol

#54 Summer81

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

I waited until missed AF before going to Dr because I also had a CP last month. Doubt it'd matter when you go although I'm guessing HCG would be lower so maybe that'd mean more chance of them wanting you to go for repeat bloods?? Unsure!

Either way good luck at the Dr!!

#55 SunnySix

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:15 PM

I went to my doctors appointment today, she asked me if I wanted her to check hcg and I said I really just wanted a referral for my ob. She said it was too early, so she did a blood test and have to go back to see her Wednesday to get results book a dating scan. Which I don’t reallly want as I prefer less scans but will see how we go with the hcg result and go from there. I feel like I’m going to have 10 appointments before I just get my referral, which is not ideal with two other young children with me 24/7. I just checked the request form and she only checked hcg, nothing else :(. I thought most doctors would run a full pregnancy screening.
Anyway, I’ll go see the numbers on Wednesday and call up and book into my ob.

#56 musicalgirl_85

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

Growingmytribe - this sounds so strange! I would expect a full pregnancy screening blood test and referral to ob at the first appointment. It might be too early to see the ob, but why is it too early for a referral? I kinda think there should be no reason to go back to your gp after the first apt if you're going private. How frustrating! Good luck on Wed! If they want to do another blood test to see your hcg levels rising, maybe ask to do more tests then? I thought an important one would be rhesus factor?

#57 Summer81

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

That does seem a bit strange Growingmytribe. My prenatal bloods had a huge list of stuff including vitamin D, iron and immunity studies (checking rubella etc) so seems like the Dr maybe missed out some stuff? With previous pregnancies I've had a list of tests as well though I guess all Dr's are different. I've had to take vitamin D and iron supplementation both previous pregnancies based on those original results.

And why does it matter when the GP gives you your referral for the OB? Earlier the better I think to secure a spot and make a booking- which can always be cancelled if things don't work out.

Tbh your GP sounds a bit weird to me!

#58 Monna

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

View Postmusicalgirl_85, on 05 March 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

Getting pregnant with my DS happened the first month of trying and then was pretty smooth sailing, and even the CP was us getting pregnant the 1st month of trying. So, I think it just brought me back to reality a bit.

Similar to me, my pregnancy with DD was first time trying (actually wasn't even "trying" just not preventing) and it was all so textbook! Then my pregnancy at the end of last year was first month trying with opk's, but the MC really rocked me. Looking back I feel like I was so "naive" with the first pregnancy, now I know what can go wrong and am a ball of angst!

My dating scan isn't until 24th March, which is still nearly 3 weeks away! However I need it to be over 7 weeks for my own sanity in other ways - since last time the dating scan revealed my blighted ovum, I want to be super sure it's late enough to see a heartbeat. I'm going to be a wreck before the scan though either way, given my last experience :(

#59 SunnySix

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

View PostSummer81, on 05 March 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

That does seem a bit strange Growingmytribe. My prenatal bloods had a huge list of stuff including vitamin D, iron and immunity studies (checking rubella etc) so seems like the Dr maybe missed out some stuff? With previous pregnancies I've had a list of tests as well though I guess all Dr's are different. I've had to take vitamin D and iron supplementation both previous pregnancies based on those original results.

And why does it matter when the GP gives you your referral for the OB? Earlier the better I think to secure a spot and make a booking- which can always be cancelled if things don't work out.

Tbh your GP sounds a bit weird to me!

I did just go to a bulk billing clinic but only because I didn’t want to pay to just get a referral. Which didn’t happen anyway. I might ask on Wednesday about more bloods, I’m still breastfeeding and have had three babies in three years, so wouldn’t surprise me if I’m deficient in something.
My ob will run labs at 9 weeks but I’d rather eat on top of it as early as possible.

#60 ohhhhello

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostGrowingmytribe, on 05 March 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

I did just go to a bulk billing clinic but only because I didn’t want to pay to just get a referral. Which didn’t happen anyway. I might ask on Wednesday about more bloods, I’m still breastfeeding and have had three babies in three years, so wouldn’t surprise me if I’m deficient in something.
My ob will run labs at 9 weeks but I’d rather eat on top of it as early as possible.

hmm i think its strange, even for bulk billing clinic...
I had lots of stuff testing, including thyroid, which actually discovered i had an issue. I think its always best to get everything checked asap - your body is always changing.

Also, HCG is only useful if u get it done in sequence to see the change in levels. that is what is important.

Even though it is early, its never too early to secure your spot with Ob.. (alot book out super early!).

#61 ohhhhello

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:21 PM

Also - im overcome with absolute exhaustion today. to the point that i literally cant function or think, and i feel like im shaking with tiredness. hopefully this means my little one is growing and getting healthy to stick around!

#62 SunnySix

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:37 PM

View Postohhhhello, on 05 March 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

hmm i think its strange, even for bulk billing clinic...
I had lots of stuff testing, including thyroid, which actually discovered i had an issue. I think its always best to get everything checked asap - your body is always changing.

Also, HCG is only useful if u get it done in sequence to see the change in levels. that is what is important.

Even though it is early, its never too early to secure your spot with Ob.. (alot book out super early!).

I wish I’d realised while I was in with the dr and not after the blood test. She said she needed hcg because I haven’t had menstruated cycles to date the pregnancy...but the range of normal is different for everyone. I know within 24 hours or less of when I ovulated. I’ll ask about other bloods when I go back Wednesday. After that I’m going to call to book in with my ob and see if they think I really need a dating scan. He does a scan himself at 9 weeks.

#63 Summer81

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

View Postohhhhello, on 05 March 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Also - im overcome with absolute exhaustion today. to the point that i literally cant function or think, and i feel like im shaking with tiredness. hopefully this means my little one is growing and getting healthy to stick around!

Oh the first trimester exhaustion! That's a good sign! I remember it all too well- I'd go and sleep in my car in lunch breaks at work because I was so utterly exhausted! Just starting to feel a little of that myself. Fell asleep on the lounge today with my 3 and 5 year olds running around like crazy messing up the house :)

#64 musicalgirl_85

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

View PostMonna, on 05 March 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Similar to me, my pregnancy with DD was first time trying (actually wasn't even "trying" just not preventing) and it was all so textbook! Then my pregnancy at the end of last year was first month trying with opk's, but the MC really rocked me. Looking back I feel like I was so "naive" with the first pregnancy, now I know what can go wrong and am a ball of angst!

Yes, this! ^^ I was so excited the first time I got pregnant, but this time I'm not letting it sink in. I told my mum the news tonight and that didn't even help it to sink in. Like you, I'm now just counting down the days until my scan! Fingers crosed :yes:

Edited by musicalgirl_85, 05 March 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#65 musicalgirl_85

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:00 PM

View Postohhhhello, on 05 March 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Good sign, I'm sure! Look after yourself ☺
I'm not looking forward to the exhaustion, especially this time around with a 2yo!

#66 ohhhhello

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

View PostSummer81, on 05 March 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Oh the first trimester exhaustion! That's a good sign! I remember it all too well- I'd go and sleep in my car in lunch breaks at work because I was so utterly exhausted! Just starting to feel a little of that myself. Fell asleep on the lounge today with my 3 and 5 year olds running around like crazy messing up the house Posted Image

that's how i feel! i slept for 10 hours last night and have still woken up so exhausted. thank god i have next week off from work. fingers crossed its a good sign and it means lots of healthy growth!

#67 SunnySix

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

I’m no more exhausted than normal, although I did fall asleep on the couch one night. But I think I’m just use to being tired as I still co-sleep/breastfeed my 10 month old all night long. I also have a busy DS who is 2.

Does anyone else feel that there’s not many of us in here? I hope others get there bfp and can join soon :)

#68 Summer81

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

View PostGrowingmytribe, on 06 March 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Does anyone else feel that there’s not many of us in here? I hope others get there bfp and can join soon :)

I feel the same! Especially since the second half of the year is so popular when having kids- I think September is usually the month most babies are born but surely November isn't far off haha :)

#69 ohhhhello

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostSummer81, on 06 March 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

I feel the same! Especially since the second half of the year is so popular when having kids- I think September is usually the month most babies are born but surely November isn't far off haha Posted Image

i feel the same - not too many of us! i feel like the most important thing is that nobody has to say goodbye! FX.

im demolishing cruskits with Vegemite today. craving the saltiness like crazy!

#70 bondikeyes

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

I had my first scan today  & everything is on track. Gestational sac and egg yolk all in the appropriate places. No fetal pole (embryo?) yet, but the radiologist said that’s to be expected. I’m exhausted (like everyone else!) which seems to be my only symptom so far! I went to bed at 6:30 last night. Although after drinking so much water I felt nauseous. I’m 5+5, due on the 1/11! The wait until the next scan is going to take agggggggges.
I’m booked in with my OB at 8 weeks – I thought that you went in at like 12 weeks normally?

Growingmytribe – my GP gave me the OB referral on my first appointment, before we had even done a blood test to confirm. So strange that your GP wouldn’t give you one!

#71 Summer81

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

View Postbondikeyes, on 06 March 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

I had my first scan today  & everything is on track. Gestational sac and egg yolk all in the appropriate places. No fetal pole (embryo?) yet, but the radiologist said that’s to be expected. I’m exhausted (like everyone else!) which seems to be my only symptom so far! I went to bed at 6:30 last night. Although after drinking so much water I felt nauseous. I’m 5+5, due on the 1/11! The wait until the next scan is going to take agggggggges.
I’m booked in with my OB at 8 weeks – I thought that you went in at like 12 weeks normally?

Growingmytribe – my GP gave me the OB referral on my first appointment, before we had even done a blood test to confirm. So strange that your GP wouldn’t give you one!

Great to hear. Can I ask why you had a scan so early? OB appointments are generally from about the 8 week mark (unsure why- maybe because once they see a heartbeat the chances of MC drops dramatically).

Still trying to decide whether to have a dating scan or not... might see how I go with symptoms in the next week or so and if they're still not doing much I'll have a scan to reassure myself something is there:)

#72 bondikeyes

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

hey Summer81, my doctor said I should have one, because I had some spotting on the 20& 21st Feb, so she was worried about the pregnancy continuing. She also wanted to get an accurate idea of dates – she dated from LMP & I thought I conceived much later than that (I was right). She requested that I have a series of blood tests for hCG levels, then when they all came back good, she said I should go for a scan. Its my first pregnancy & I’m the first one of all my friends to fall pregnant so I’m just going along with the dr for now?? I’m hoping for no more blood tests for a while because I really dislike needles. I shift to the OB in about 2 weeks.  

I kind of wish I had waited for a while so that we could see the heartbeat, but then I would just stress about if its even a viable pregnancy – can’t win! I’m really trying to stress less!    

#73 Summer81

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Ahh fair enough makes sense! Sounds like your doctor was great to make sure :)

It is hard not to stress! You poor thing hating needles doesn't help!

Daresay your OB will do a quick US at hour first appt so you'll be able to see a heartbeat then :)

#74 ohhhhello

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

View Postbondikeyes, on 06 March 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

hey Summer81, my doctor said I should have one, because I had some spotting on the 20& 21st Feb, so she was worried about the pregnancy continuing. She also wanted to get an accurate idea of dates – she dated from LMP & I thought I conceived much later than that (I was right). She requested that I have a series of blood tests for hCG levels, then when they all came back good, she said I should go for a scan. Its my first pregnancy & I’m the first one of all my friends to fall pregnant so I’m just going along with the dr for now?? I’m hoping for no more blood tests for a while because I really dislike needles. I shift to the OB in about 2 weeks.  

I kind of wish I had waited for a while so that we could see the heartbeat, but then I would just stress about if its even a viable pregnancy – can’t win! I’m really trying to stress less!

its impossible to win isn't it! my Ob wont see me until 7-9 weeks. Im going on 20th March which i think will put me at 7.5 weeks. so we should def be able to hear a heart beat then, but the wait is killing me and i feel so anxious.

do anybody get some random sharp-ish pains? i was having some on the left a few days ago, and today im having some on the right. im thinking it might be things expanding but dont know at what point to call anyone?

#75 bondikeyes

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

Oh I hadn’t thought about the OB doing ultrasounds…although that does make complete sense haha. Good – something to look forward to!!

Ohhello I’ve been getting random sort of dull stretching pains & really mild cramps/pressure? Particularly when I stretch out. But not sharp pains. Book into your GP if you are worried??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.