Jump to content

Due in November 2018 chat #2


  • Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#201 S. Overlord P Rex

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

Hello everyone! 11w4d here, and still getting used to the fact that Mr only child isn't going to be an only child anymore.

#202 KatieTL

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

Totally get this! I'm 11w5d and just last night I was sitting on the couch trying to get my head around how this little mystery bean is going to slide into our lives in 7 months time and things will never be the same again. Crazy!

#203 SunnySix

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

View Posttwinning, on 12 May 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:



Hey Growingmytribe, I've sent you a PM to join the group if that's ok :)

Sorry, I don’t spend much time in these forums at the moment.  I can’t find the message. If you send me a pm with your due date, I’ll add it to eb due dates list and organise the other group :)

#204 Geekish

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

Hi all - just wanted to check in and see if the secret group is still secret & remaining secret before I get in contact with GMT?

#205 jhoath

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

Hi ladies! Good to hear that everyone is starting to feel better.

My nausea has mostly gone away, only feeling sick occasionally now, but still super tired all the time. I’m also getting headaches most days but my blood pressure is fine so I got some paracetamol with codeine so hoping that will help. I’m also getting pretty strong lower back pain when I lay down in bed at night and it hangs around for a few hours and is particularly bad if I roll over or get up. The GP said it’s likely just due to body changes and to visit a physio, so I’m not concerned.

I’m 16 weeks tomorrow and finally went to the GP to get the results of the NT scan and blood tests. Such a relief to hear that everything is looking good! The doctor also attempted to hear the baby’s heartbeat but unfortunately baby wasn’t forthcoming about their location.

Booked my morphology scan for 3 weeks’ time and we can’t wait to find out the gender and to see baby again!

We don’t have private health insurance and we’re doing shared care with the GP so I got my referral to the hospital as well and looking forward to the more regular appointments (every 4 weeks now).

It’s our first baby so the whole process is so new and exciting!

Anyway, that’s all from me for now 😊

#206 SunnySix

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

View PostGeekish, on 23 May 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Hi all - just wanted to check in and see if the secret group is still secret & remaining secret before I get in contact with GMT?

Yes, geekish the group remains secret forever. So only those in it can see it even exists.
I’m sorry I’m not sure what GMT means?

#207 jhoath

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

View PostGrowingmytribe, on 23 May 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:



Yes, geekish the group remains secret forever. So only those in it can see it even exists.
I’m sorry I’m not sure what GMT means?

I think GMT is meant to be an abbreviation of your name ‘GrowingMyTribe’ 😊

#208 SunnySix

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:00 AM

View Postjhoath, on 23 May 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:



I think GMT is meant to be an abbreviation of your name ‘GrowingMyTribe’ 😊


Haha I’m so slow at the moment 😂 I don’t know if I can blame Baby Brain or the fact my 13 month old, only slept 2 hours in 48 hours 😴

Edited by Growingmytribe, 24 May 2018 - 10:01 AM.


#209 jhoath

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

Ha they both sound like pretty fair reasons 😊

#210 Geekish

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Sorry, yes GMT was growingmytribe. I will send you a PM.

#211 JW55

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:54 AM

Hi Ladies,

Im due 30th Nov and only just finding out about this forum. Id love to get involved. Is there a way of getting onto the FB chat? This is my first and so Im still learning my way with everything, public/private/obs/midwives, scans, parental leave, entitilements, fair work etc etc. Would love to share some interesting discussion about experiences along the journey!

:yes:

#212 SunnySix

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

View PostJW55, on 14 July 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Hi Ladies,

Im due 30th Nov and only just finding out about this forum. Id love to get involved. Is there a way of getting onto the FB chat? This is my first and so Im still learning my way with everything, public/private/obs/midwives, scans, parental leave, entitilements, fair work etc etc. Would love to share some interesting discussion about experiences along the journey!

:yes:


Sure, pm on this website and I’ll help get you into the group. Thanks :)

#213 Daisycakes18

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:14 PM

Hi ladies, I don’t know if anyone still comes in here... Just wanted to check in and say hi to all you lovely mummies! Obviously because I left the group, I can’t message in there. I hope everything is going well with you all. I am still having my bad days, but on the whole, we are going okay. I recently got all my tests back and they were all normal. I also want to let you know that we were having a baby BOY 💙. He was perfect, his heart simply stopped beating for some unknown freak reason. When we lost him I didn’t want to know what sex he was, for fear of making it more real - prob sounds stupid - but decided I did want to know before my Obstetrician review, so found out then. Anyway, sending much love to you all! Xx

#214 Summer81

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:26 PM

Oh Daisycakes, lovely to hear from you! Glad to hear you're doing OK on the whole I hope the good days outnumber the bad and that continues to improve! I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful little boy life is so unfair. Everything is going well on my end thanks so much for checking in. All the best xo

#215 SunnySix

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostDaisycakes18, on 10 August 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hi ladies, I don’t know if anyone still comes in here... Just wanted to check in and say hi to all you lovely mummies! Obviously because I left the group, I can’t message in there. I hope everything is going well with you all. I am still having my bad days, but on the whole, we are going okay. I recently got all my tests back and they were all normal. I also want to let you know that we were having a baby BOY 💙. He was perfect, his heart simply stopped beating for some unknown freak reason. When we lost him I didn’t want to know what sex he was, for fear of making it more real - prob sounds stupid - but decided I did want to know before my Obstetrician review, so found out then. Anyway, sending much love to you all! Xx

Hi daisy cakes,
Thank you for the update, I’d be thinking of you and wondering how you were doing.
I have posted your update on the group, as I know everyone would like to know how you’re going.
Again, I’m so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son.
Xx

#216 Daisycakes18

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostSummer81, on 10 August 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Oh Daisycakes, lovely to hear from you! Glad to hear you're doing OK on the whole I hope the good days outnumber the bad and that continues to improve! I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful little boy life is so unfair. Everything is going well on my end thanks so much for checking in. All the best xo

Yeah, more good days than bad now. I still have the occasional bad day. My worst one of late was when my cousin told me she was pregnant. She was literally about to announce it when she heard we lost ours, so she put it off a few weeks. I literally balled my eyes out, I was devastated. Obviously I am happy for them, it was just sh*tty timing... She’s due 5 weeks after our little man should have been born, so I’m now dreading Christmas. I think I’ll be avoiding it a bit... BUT, on the whole we are okay. I’m glad everything is going well with you Summer81!

#217 Daisycakes18

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

View PostGrowingmytribe, on 10 August 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:



Hi daisy cakes,
Thank you for the update, I’d be thinking of you and wondering how you were doing.
I have posted your update on the group, as I know everyone would like to know how you’re going.
Again, I’m so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son.
Xx

Thank you Growingmytribe! I almost messaged you privately on fb, and have been going to message in here before now too. But in my head I’m always like “no one wants to hear about me”. I’m pretty sure it’s my bubble of grief talking though. I had this same conversation with another of my cousins last week, as I haven’t even told most of my family that I had my review and we know it’s a boy. It’s pretty isolating actually. I know you girls have my back. Xx

#218 Summer81

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostDaisycakes18, on 10 August 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:



Thank you Growingmytribe! I almost messaged you privately on fb, and have been going to message in here before now too. But in my head I’m always like “no one wants to hear about me”. I’m pretty sure it’s my bubble of grief talking though. I had this same conversation with another of my cousins last week, as I haven’t even told most of my family that I had my review and we know it’s a boy. It’s pretty isolating actually. I know you girls have my back. Xx

On the contrary myself and I'm sure others in the group have still been thinking of you and hoping you're well xo

#219 Cheesetoastie

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:03 PM

Daisycakes good to hear from you and to hear you are doing so well.

It must have been so hard, I hope the review helps you find closure but understand why it would be so hard to hear your cousins baby news.  Good luck for Christmas!

Hope you continue to have more good days than not, and thinking of you and your 👼💙

Edited by Cheesetoastie, 19 August 2018 - 11:29 PM.


#220 S. Overlord P Rex

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:42 PM

How is everyone travelling?  I have an induction booked for 5 November,  starting to feel a bit stressed about it all.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

 
 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Viewed Articles

 
Advertisement
 
 
 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.