Due in November 2018 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#51 Monna

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

Thanks everyone xx. Now to try and hang out until the 12 week scan haha.

Mena87 - as others have said it depends where you are. My pregnancy last year I was at a house party so brought cans of cider and walked around with one the whole time. Cans are good because no one can see what you've drunk.
This time I've had quite a few parties on but decided I cbf pretending to drink and just stick to non alcoholic drinks. Maybe I'm just lucky but I've found most people either don't take any notice or are too polite to ask!

#52 mena87

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone!! This is really helpful for all the easter dinners and bbqs coming up.

Ruby, how exciting to have a due date buddy. My dating scan is 4 April. Are you having a dating scan?

In case anyone is looking for an aussie pregnancy podcast, I found a Mamamia one called "Hello Bump". Its feels like a chat between friends, there is an episode for every month, and it also talks about the aussie healthcare system. I found it quite entertaining.

I hope you are all doing well, enjoying the excitment and coping with the symptoms :)

Edited by mena87, 25 March 2018 - 06:21 PM.

#53 ohhhhello

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

View PostMonna, on 24 March 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

WE HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!
Dating scan done today, baby measuring exactly what I thought at 7w6d, strong heartbeat of 165. I'm so so relieved!!

i have been MIA by accident and accidentally turned off my notifications. Monna this is amazing! im so so happy for you. what a relief.
feeling real now?!?

#54 Daisycakes18

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

Hiya all, how is everyone feeling? I saw the doctor today and left with a load of referrals etc. Had my main blood test today, and now booked in for my dating scan next Tuesday (Easter screwed me over lol).

Who was it that has had experience with the NIPT testing? I have requested to do it, and I only heard about it because of some of you talking about it early on. It didn’t exist the last time I was pregnant. The doctor I saw today - not my usual doctor - was sceptical as to whether it was worth it compared to the free one that tests for down syndrome etc. I pretty much just said that because of my age and the fact this is a complete surprise baby that I would just feel better having it done.

Edited by Daisycakes18, 26 March 2018 - 04:38 PM.

#55 Monna

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Ohhhhello thanks :) Yeah I definitely feel better! Although let's be honest, I'll still probably stress until the 12 week scan haha.

Daisycakes, I'm trying the NIPT for the first time this pregnancy as well, so also a bit unsure of the process. Although I rang my ultrasound place and they can do it at the same time as the 12 week scan so I think I'll just do that and that way I don't have to organise it separately.

#56 ohhhhello

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

View PostMonna, on 26 March 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Ohhhhello thanks :) Yeah I definitely feel better! Although let's be honest, I'll still probably stress until the 12 week scan haha.

Daisycakes, I'm trying the NIPT for the first time this pregnancy as well, so also a bit unsure of the process. Although I rang my ultrasound place and they can do it at the same time as the 12 week scan so I think I'll just do that and that way I don't have to organise it separately.

Haha I’m the same— even though I’ve had scan I still feel petrified and refute to buy anything baby. Not even a sock. Lol

I’m doing the NIPT test too. My ob said it’s so amazing that we can do it via non invasive tests these days. I’m going to get it done at 10 weeks as it takes 4 business days to get results. I don’t want to get it done arvo week 12 and then have to wait another 4 days. I would prefer to have week 12 scan as our sight of relief.

#57 Summer81

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

Daisycakes I don't have any experience either and I cannot decide whether to do it or not. My Dr suggested today I do the 12 week scan with combined bloods and based on those results decide whether to do the NIPT. I actually love the idea of finding out the gender early and as I'm turning 37 kinda keen to do everything to make sure it's all OK- but it's expensive!

Still trying to decide whether to do it.

#58 Daisycakes18

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

View Postohhhhello, on 26 March 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Haha I’m the same— even though I’ve had scan I still feel petrified and refute to buy anything baby. Not even a sock. Lol

I’m doing the NIPT test too. My ob said it’s so amazing that we can do it via non invasive tests these days. I’m going to get it done at 10 weeks as it takes 4 business days to get results. I don’t want to get it done arvo week 12 and then have to wait another 4 days. I would prefer to have week 12 scan as our sight of relief.

This makes me feel way better ohhhhello! If an Ob is saying it’s great then it’s gotta be good hey!? The doctor I saw didn’t even know what I was talking about, and gave me a referral for it, but then I found out while getting my blood test today that I needed a completely different form filled out by the doctor. I printed one off myself and the receptionist fitted me back in with the doc and then she filled that out for me instead.

#59 Daisycakes18

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

View PostSummer81, on 26 March 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Daisycakes I don't have any experience either and I cannot decide whether to do it or not. My Dr suggested today I do the 12 week scan with combined bloods and based on those results decide whether to do the NIPT. I actually love the idea of finding out the gender early and as I'm turning 37 kinda keen to do everything to make sure it's all OK- but it's expensive!

Still trying to decide whether to do it.

My thoughts exactly Summer81! I’m turning 37 aswell, so my age worries me this time (prob more than it should lol). And just the fact we weren’t trying for this baby so i wasn’t on prenatal vitamins like folate etc, I just want to make sure everything is looking okay.

#60 RunningRuby

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

Mena87, my dating scan is also on the 4th, I’m so excited!!

Re NIPT, I had that one and also the genetic screening done last time. The genetic screening was only a once off as it checks whether the mother is a carrier for certain things, like CF and others. Had any come back positive they usually suggest to test the father too as I think both parents have to be a carrier in order for it to be passed on (I might be wrong though). So no genetic screening needed this time around.
We will be doing the NIPT again, I think it can be done at any stage after 10 weeks. It’s a lot more accurate than the nuchal translucency test and you can find out baby‘s gender very early on, but we’re not even sure yet whether we want to know.

#61 Arcticbeans

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:58 PM

I will do the NIPT too, as I just turned 39 and want the extra certainty. I have my dating scan on the 4th April as well, and that'll confirm when I am at 10 weeks for the NIPT, but got a referral already from my GP. I'll probably go to the Sydney Ultrasound for Women to do all the tests. Anyone been there for theirs?

About symptoms - does anyone feel that they are bloated all the time? I do, and it makes my belly look much more pregnant that it should at 6 weeks. I dont have nausea, just this bloody bloating. Well, I am more tired than usual, but that is probably from having to run to the toilet couple of times a night. Also my pee has turned neon green - peculiar - but I suspect it is due to the vitamin supplements I am taking. Anyone else having that after taking Eagle Tresos Natal? I hope it is not a symptom of my baby being a martian! :omg:

#62 ohhhhello

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Arctic beans - I feel so bloated to too! Even more so at night time.
I just had a shower and moisturising and my husband said ‘you def have a baby bump’. I laughed and said I don’t think I’m really meant to have this much yet haha maybe I’ve just gained stacks of weight in last 6 weeks lol couldn’t even bring myself to jump on scales!

Question for everyone- what are you using to prevent stretch marks??

#63 Summer81

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

View PostArcticbeans, on 26 March 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

I will do the NIPT too, as I just turned 39 and want the extra certainty. I have my dating scan on the 4th April as well, and that'll confirm when I am at 10 weeks for the NIPT, but got a referral already from my GP. I'll probably go to the Sydney Ultrasound for Women to do all the tests. Anyone been there for theirs?

About symptoms - does anyone feel that they are bloated all the time? I do, and it makes my belly look much more pregnant that it should at 6 weeks. I dont have nausea, just this bloody bloating. Well, I am more tired than usual, but that is probably from having to run to the toilet couple of times a night. Also my pee has turned neon green - peculiar - but I suspect it is due to the vitamin supplements I am taking. Anyone else having that after taking Eagle Tresos Natal? I hope it is not a symptom of my baby being a martian! :omg:

Yep i feel bloated all the time, same as previous pregnancies. I think it's something to do with hormones slowing down digestion, which is annoying but helps the gut to absorb all nutrients it can. Unfortunately it also leads to more gas production... and constipation- my most hated part of previous pregnancies- I couldn't wait to give birth so my gut was  back to normal again!!

#64 Summer81

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

View Postohhhhello, on 26 March 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Arctic beans - I feel so bloated to too! Even more so at night time.
I just had a shower and moisturising and my husband said ‘you def have a baby bump’. I laughed and said I don’t think I’m really meant to have this much yet haha maybe I’ve just gained stacks of weight in last 6 weeks lol couldn’t even bring myself to jump on scales!

Question for everyone- what are you using to prevent stretch marks??

I used bio oil my last 2 pregnancies. It did feel nice to put on my bump but honestly, I don't think anything prevents stretch marks other than good genetics :)
I got a handful in total.

#65 Arcticbeans

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

View PostSummer81, on 26 March 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Yep i feel bloated all the time, same as previous pregnancies. I think it's something to do with hormones slowing down digestion, which is annoying but helps the gut to absorb all nutrients it can. Unfortunately it also leads to more gas production... and constipation- my most hated part of previous pregnancies- I couldn't wait to give birth so my gut was  back to normal again!!

Ohhhhello, I've also got those comments from my other half... Bloating really sucks. That explanation of yours makes a lot of sense, Summer81. I've been eating probiotics to try to keep the gut in some working order. Not sure if it helps much, given the bloating.

I'm planning to swim in bio oil too, but not having high hopes my old skin would recover from all the stretching.

#66 Geekish

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

I’ve had the NIPT, unfortunately it came back with the same level of risk at the NT. Apparently it’s rare but it happens. Given our history, should we make it to 15 weeks, I’m just going straight for the amnio.

I’m not doing anything re: stretch marks, I’ve had loads since I was 18 anyway, haha.

I’ve got my dating scan tomorrow, I’m quite nervous. My nausea suddenly stopped yesterday. Not being violently ill is new for me, so I’m a little freaked out.

#67 ohhhhello

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

View PostGeekish, on 26 March 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

I’ve had the NIPT, unfortunately it came back with the same level of risk at the NT. Apparently it’s rare but it happens. Given our history, should we make it to 15 weeks, I’m just going straight for the amnio.

I’m not doing anything re: stretch marks, I’ve had loads since I was 18 anyway, haha.

I’ve got my dating scan tomorrow, I’m quite nervous. My nausea suddenly stopped yesterday. Not being violently ill is new for me, so I’m a little freaked out.

FX for you! Let us know how u go x x

#68 Geekish

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

My scan wasn’t great. It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great. They said I was a week behind the dates I have. I’m pretty sure my dates are right. They want me to come back in two weeks for another scan. I’ll talk to my Dr on Thursday afternoon.  My nausea has more or less stopped, except for small waves here and there.

I guess at this point it’s just “wait and see”.

#69 Asil87

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

View PostGeekish, on 27 March 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

My scan wasn’t great. It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great. They said I was a week behind the dates I have. I’m pretty sure my dates are right. They want me to come back in two weeks for another scan. I’ll talk to my Dr on Thursday afternoon.  My nausea has more or less stopped, except for small waves here and there.

The waiting is so hard. Fingers crossed that everything is ok.

#70 ohhhhello

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

oh im so sorry - the limbo must feel so rough. even though you might be certain of ovulation date, what is impossible to know is implantation - it can vary between 4 - 10 ish days so maybe you implantated late? i have heard of people eing ahead /behind dates and things still working out - so there is still hope, but i understand how hard it must be.

when i was only 4 weeks, i was told me HCG was too low and i was about to miscarry, but i didn't. the limbo can be so consuming.

fingers crossed for you guys.  x x x

#71 Summer81

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

Oh geekish I have everything crossed for a good outcome for you x

#72 ohhhhello

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

on another side note - my boobs have been sore and my skin has been so sensitive. i just popped into a bendon outlet and they suggested getting some maternity bras, which seems rediculous at this early stage, however it was instant relief for my boobs.

no underwire, super soft fabrics. sex life will be over now but my boobs feel soooooo much better already!

bonus was that the outlet had all bras for only $20 so i grabbed a few!

#73 RunningRuby

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

Geekish, I’ve got everything crossed for you! The wait must be so hard! X

As for moisturiser, last time I started off with bio oil but switched to palmers stretch mark lotion when my skin was just continuously dry and itchy. Fingers crossed no marks again this time!
My symptoms have hit me now, I’m not feeling great and the whole „I eat to eat NOW“ is so hard with a toddler around! No constipation here, unfortunately quite the opposite, I hope that calms down soon as that’s not really helping my nausea either!

#74 Tamika88

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

Have everything crossed for you Geekish!!

#75 DrAe

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:33 PM

The waiting is terrible
Fingers and toes crossed everything is ok geekish

I saw gp yesterday and had blood test done to check everything should have results Tuesday due to Easter I asked about scan but he said wait til 8 weeks argh only 5+3 now! This afternoon I have started to feel abit off in tummy hoping it doesn't turn into vomiting as we are heading away camping over Easter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.