Ear piercing - ACT Region

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 *Spikey*

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

Hi All,

DD has asked for her ears to be pierced for her birthday, later in the year.

Can anyone recommend a good place to have then done please?

TIA

Spikey

#2 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:31 PM

The piercer at Redpath shoes in the city is great.

#3 MGB

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:24 PM

Hairhouse Warehouse at DFO/COC did my DD’s.
They were great and pierced both ears at the same time.

#4 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

Forgot to add - Redpath are needle not gun.

#5 Apageintime

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:09 AM

I got mine done in Queanbeyan, it was really hard to find a needle peircer in Canberra, and I would never consider a gun

#6 *Spikey*

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:46 AM

I thought that might be a problem - I think she wouldn't be keen on the gun. Glad to know Redpath use needles, they are probably it then.

#7 Jenflea

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

Which hurts more, gun or needle?

I'd like to get mine redone(grew over after I had DD and didn't wear them much) but I still remember the pain from the gun at 8 years old.
I'm 43.

#8 *Spikey*

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

Gun hurts more. I think.

#9 ECsMum

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

Check out Blomdahl medical piercing there might be a salon in Canberra - we did it for DD and it's brilliant!

#10 *Spikey*

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

Thank you everyone, just reporting in that we found a Blomdahl piercing place (QBN) and DD is now sporting a pair of pretty sparklers. She is very happy with them.

She described it as hurting about as much as a vaccination (she's just had 2 x Year 7 vaccinations, so that's fairly fresh in her mind), and it had stopped hurting completely within an hour or so.  She did run off with my extra soft, fake feather pillow, and is still admiring her ears in the mirror, and planning her next pair of earrings, lol.

#11 Jenflea

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

I might try them then, can you PM me the name of the place pretty please?

I keep seeing pretty earrings!

#12 Mollycoddle

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Most tattoo parlours do needle piercing. Tatts On Tatts Off in Gungahlin.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 12 January 2019 - 04:27 PM.

#13 Jenflea

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

I'm really far south and don't feel like a day trip for ear piercing.
Which I may chicken out of anyway lol.

#14 *Spikey*

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:55 PM

Speaking of south, my major geography assignment involves studying the murrumbidgee river at pine island. This may also have involved getting a little wet....

#15 Jenflea

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

Fun!

#16 *Spikey*

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:31 PM

It was, back to do the final section tomorrow before it gets too hot again.

#17 *Spikey*

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:30 AM

We have a teenage play date at our house on Tuesday.

It will be full on   air con.

Luckily the girls have decided on board games and other indoor stuff (including playing with the cats and dogs - who will only want to flop under the aircon).

And then back to the assignments and study, and prep for T1. Plenty to do, too hot to do it.

#18 Jenflea

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:31 AM

I've hardly taken Dd anywhere this holidays, it's been far too hot.

Will do the movies one day but the aircon at home is far more attractive to me than Wreck It Ralph 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.