Due in December 2018 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 MummyB14

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:05 AM

Congratulations Josilex!!!! Wow! I added you on FB (is your profile picture a flower?)

#27 Joliseix

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:06 AM

Yes huge shock! I keep telling myself 27% of twin pregnancies end up losing a twin before 1st trimester so I’m trying not to get my hope upto much just in case.

#28 Joliseix

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

Yes that’s me, it’s Orion’s rose that we planted for him :)

#29 Brookiebee13

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:15 AM

Congratulations Joliseix! Twins is so exciting!

I'd also love to be part of the fb group please :)

I got a call from eastern health about my first midwife appt. My partner asked me if it's an appt he should come to with me.  Being our first I have no idea?

#30 Brookiebee13

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

Friend request sent 😊

#31 Joliseix

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:26 AM

Brookie I’ve never gone public but I think it would just be taking family history, checking blood pressure, height, weight answering your questions.
Giving you forms for 12 & 20wk ulstrasounds to book in etc

#32 Iliketoflounce

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

Brookiebee my husband has come to every single appointment to do with the baby for all mine. It is helpful having another set of ears or someone else to remind you of things you may forget

#33 Brookiebee13

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

Yeah okay. Not super exciting then haha
Thank you :)

#34 Brookiebee13

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

Iliketoflounce that would be helpful! I think I'll tell him he should come. My partner hasn't come to the GP at all with me yet but I think the midwife appts he will come too. If anything he's probably got more questions than I do, he asks me stuff all the time that I have no idea about

#35 Joliseix

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

My husbands comes to none of mine, not even ultrasounds anymore haha

#36 tothemoonnback

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

Congrats Joliseix, always thought there was something super special about carrying and having twins.

I'm 5 weeks with number #4 due Boxing Day. Had some brown spotting when period was due but only for a day now gone. Had a blighted ovum in November found out at 8 weeks. Feeling tired but otherwise totally normal. Not getting my hopes up, no bloods etc, will just wait to see my Ob at 8 weeks🤞

#37 Baby_steps

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:35 AM

Joliseix I'll send you a fb request now :)

#38 Joliseix

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

Moonnback it’s really surreal knowing that there is 2 babies in your tummy.

Good luck with your OB appt, your so patient being able to wait that long!

#39 elawood

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

Twins?!? Wow!
I had my dating scan yesterday. 8 weeks with a strong heartbeat (just one!!) and looking good at this stage but hard to rule anything genetic out this early. Have referral for NIPT bloods in two weeks so that’s the next hurdle. New EDD is 3rd Dec. Only dealing exclusively with professor of maternal fetal medicine so I’m in good hands this time I feel.

Pa Joliesix I will PM you for group details

#40 Sailor4

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

Yay elawood!! That's awesome news. Will you get a quick scan at 10 weeks too?

Has anyone with morning sickness found that it is easing already? Mine has never been bad, just nausea. I have had it since 5 weeks, but now at almost 8 weeks its 90% gone! I'm not sure if this is normal?
I have had a tiny tiny bit of brown spotting today but very little really. The exhaustion though...I'm following asleep at work and not sure how I will get through the arvo!

#41 Letsdothis

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

Joliseix wow! If all goes well that means that you will have 7 kids, right?

Sailor I'm 5+3 and morning sickness is gradually rearing its ugly head. Feeling a little worse as each day goes by. No vomiting yet but quite a bit of gagging and dry retching.

I went to the Real Bodies exhibition the other day, they had a section with embryo and fetus specimens. Its one thing to see scans/diagrams but seeing all of that tiny detail in real life was amazing. Makes it easier to visualize what my bub looks like now instead of imagining some strange tadpole/alien thing.

#42 sjacks

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:25 PM

Oh my goodness jolie, twins! How exciting for you! (And terrifying 😯) so glad everything is looking perfect and healthy at this point, what a load off 💕  

Sailor, my morning sickness has definitely eased back, I don't have to snack every two hours to avoid feeling sick any more, which is such a relief!

I'd love an invite to the other group, jolie - I'll add you!

#43 Joliseix

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

Please don’t remind me letsdothis 🤣
I can’t even go there without having a panic attack!!!

I must admit a part of me is excited at that thought of twins. There is just something “special” about multiples.

#44 Ttc123

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

Hi everyone, I’ve had a lot of reading & catching up to do, but I think I’m there. I’m 35 & got my Bfp a week ago. Booked in for the drs on Monday to confirm.
Was hoping I could join in!
Congrats joliseix on the twins!! Super exciting!
Looking forward to getting to know you all as the months roll by. I think my Edd is the 28th.

#45 Joliseix

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

Thanks you Ttc & congratulations on your pregnancy :)

#46 FrostyBeans

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Joliseix, congratulations on having two little ones! Thanks for creating the group as well. I'm still trying to hide it from the world. It's amazing how fast the glass ceiling falls down as soon as your bosses realise you're pregnant.

#47 Joliseix

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:21 PM

I’m not even going to do a FB announcement. I’ll post a picture when babies arrive.

#48 Sailor4

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

We have decided to do the same Joliseix. Is the other group up and running?

#49 Joliseix

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

Yes it is :)

I don’t even plan on telling many people in real life, I assume most will put 2 & 2 together haha

#50 AmCo12

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Congratulations Joliseix. Would love to join the facebook group. Will send you a friend request now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.