Due in January 2019 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:20 AM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

Enjoy!

#2 JB5

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Yay I’ve been waiting for the DIG to open! We were not trying but not not trying and got a BFP a week ago. Early days obviously, 5 weeks tomorrow with EDD 7 Jan. This is baby #2 DD is 14mths so will be a 20mth gap. Head to the Dr during the week :D Feeling good but tired- hope everyone is well too :)

#3 sandyally

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:47 PM

Hahaha thanks for opening this groip for us Sandra! I msg her and she was kind enough to kick us off! Hi JB5! I have 3 kiddies 5,4&3 yo and decided I wasn’t  finished yet, so we wanted another, didn’t realise it would happen so
fast! I suffer HG and feeling a bit seedy already.. hoping to see a doctor next week to get some scripts for zofran.

Edited by sandyally, 06 May 2018 - 02:49 PM.

#4 JB5

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

Oh no, already?! How far along are you?

#5 sandyally

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

Only 4ish weeks, with my first I was in hospital from 5 weeks from dehydration!

#6 rosebebe

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

Hi and big Congrats ladies! So excited this Jan section is now open :) I have so many questions, sorry...

I got my BFP on Tuesday at 9dpo - I tracked O and IB. AF was due yesterday so I am now officially late, yay! But cautious it is very early still. Due date should be Jan 13th, so 2 weeks actually preg today.
My cycles were 35 days and 1st AF day March 30. Am I 4 weeks or 5 weeks today then? Unsure if it is from O date + 2 weeks or from last AF. Online calculators always assume you have a 28 cycle...

I can see you both have had babies before, how fantastic! It is our first so I am a bit lost with what to do, going public or private (we're in Melbourne), any advice?

I have done my blood test on Wednesday at 10dpo which the nurse said was a bit low at 29 hcg. She scared me so I did another one on Saturday am and hopefully we get a nice rising hcg result tomorrow.
I so hope it is a sticky baby.

How are you feeling? Any symptoms?
Is it normal not to have many symptoms? I am hungry, I have cramps here and there. No sore boobs at all :omg:

#7 Bronita

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:29 PM

Hi ladies! It's my very first post, I've been waiting for this thread to open too :) I've been lurking around the ttc forum a bit though, didn't post yet as we only started trying in April and got lucky the first month!

It's our first too rosebebe, and JB5 you and I have the same EDD! So I'm 5 weeks tomorrow too.

I can't really answer your questions rosebebe, but I would guess that it's O+2 weeks, I think I read that somewhere. Although my cycle has always been 28 days like clockwork but I think I O around CD13. But when I told my Dr that (which would change the EDD by 2 days) she said it doesn't matter as it's 37-42 weeks anyway, and that's why it's only an estimate! But if it were a whole week I think it would make a difference.

As for Symptoms, I had a lot before AF was due! Nauseous, cramps, tired, emotional, intense dreams... But that has kind of stopped now. Now my boobs are just a bit bigger and a bit sore, I'm a bit hungry and a little crampy, but that's it. Which is good but feels odd!

Wishing us all smooth sailing ^_^ especially you sandyally, fx you stay healthy and hydrated this time!

Edited by Bronita, 06 May 2018 - 11:30 PM.

#8 sandyally

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:37 AM

Hi rosebebe I used this online calculator for you as it allows you to change cycle length it gave me a due date of 11/1/2019 for you
http://www.firstresp...-Far-Along-Am-I
Saying your 5+3 today. Don’t know the science behind it but your dating scan will tell you anyway!!!

#9 sandyally

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:40 AM

Hi Brontia!
So lucky to fall first month! We decided to try for another in April and thought it would take a while... 🤷🏼‍♀️ Obviously baby had different plans! Just hoping the sickness isn’t to severe as I have a few things coming up this month I have to attend! Congratulations!

#10 JB5

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:48 AM

@rosebebe this is my 3rd pregnancy (second babe) and the Drs/midwives have only ever asked when the date of last AF was to work out due date. You could request a dating scan though... play dumb and say you don’t know when your last period was :p otherwise they usually only do the 12wk scan.

I am public because I live country NSW so it’s our only option, I mean, we can go in as private but I think the only difference is you get a newspaper with your breakfast!

Symptoms so far are tiredness. Sooo tired. Oh and hungry!! Could eat and eat and eat! Back is a little achey too by the end of the day after chasing a toddler around. My other pregnancies my boobs were the first giveaway, I’m still bf DD so haven’t noticed a change there yet.

Fingers crossed for smooth first trimesters for everyone xx

#11 Bronita

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Hi Sandy :) Yes we were lucky! I really didn't expect it, and I'm just about to start a new job. But oh well, it's a contract so I'll be finishing up by the time I'm due anyway :shrug:

I spoke a bit too soon about symptoms I think... feeling much more queasy today :sick: Oops!

#12 rosebebe

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

You ladies are the best thank you for your responses!

I will definitely ask for a dating scan when I see the doc on Wednesday. Had my second bloods results and hcg more than double and went from 29 to 139 in 2.5 days so I feel a bit more comfortable now even if not high, at least the rise is good :)

Sandyally how are you feeling, no dehydration? Thanks for finding this link! I see lots of different due dates online, between Jan 4 to Jan 21st.

Hi Bronita! First month wow, very lucky. It was cycle 3 for us so pretty happy with that too.
The intense dreams! I had these too and that's when I first thought something was going on.

JB5, totally agree I have not felt such tiredness and hunger for a long time haha.

I wish you all a healthy pregnancy!

#13 Nee29

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Hi ladies! Looks like I'll be joining you here! It was our first month trying for #2 and I can't believe it happened straight away! But I knew from 6dpo (I think it implanted it then) that I was pregnant. I kept talking as if I already was and my husband has kind of been like 'we'll talk about that when we're pregnant'... and here we are!
I haven't told him yet. I think I want to do something cute since last time I ran in and jumped on the bed with the pee stick waving in his face. Not so cute.

Hoping for a healthy little squirt. We've been surrounded by loss this last year and I feel so lucky that we got it straight away.
#1 is our rainbow baby sso I'm feeling nervous but actually a little calm too
Yayyyyy! Oh and EDD 17.1.19

#14 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Hi everyone. I'm so excited to be joining you here :) I got my BFP yesterday at 13DPO. I'm due on the 17th (Snap Nee29!) but I generally go late. My money is on an Australia Day baby. DH and I have a habit of taking over public holidays.

This is pregnancy #4, baby #3, we've been trying since November last year. I thought I was getting my period because I was I was moody as all get out and had cramps and a heavy full feeling in my abdomen. I was wrong.

Went to the docs for bloods today. Should get them back on Thursday. I am so anxious. I am terrified it's not real. Or that I am going to lose it. No real reason for that, I am just an anxious person and this feels so unreal. I also think I'm sick because I have a horrible sore throat. I am so tired. So so tired. I have no motivation to move. Not sure if its pregnancy or virus but I don't get ms, just get stupid tired for the first three months.

#15 Nee29

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:43 AM

Congrats cinnamon! It's such an anxious wait isn't it... I have my moments of pure happiness and then I remind myself that nothing is sure so to be cautious.
My doc didn't do bloods last time and doubt she'll do them this time and because I know dates etc Im not sure she'll even do a dating scan. But my periods have been slightly irregular so hopefully I'll get a dating scan just to confirm dates.

I've decided not to tell family or friends for a while yet, last time we told people the second I was pregnant and they all felt like mine was the longest pregnancy in the history of pregnancies so this way it'll be more exciting and a bit shorter 😅

#16 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

I did the same last time. Except i had to because i had bleeding and had to take time off work for ultrasounds, Ibworked reception at a gym and the only time I could get was during peak hour at work. My boss then went and told EVERYONE why I had to leave/ wasn't there. We were all very friendly there so thankfully I didn't really care. Plus being a gym we were used to sharing info early for safety reasons.

I am really sick with a headcold and my back is aching like mad today. Can't wait to get my test results tomorrow because my BBT has dropped by .1 of a degree the past 2 days. I know its probably from it being freezing and extreme mouth breathing  (congested af atm) but its making me even more anxious.

#17 Bronita

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:05 PM

Congrats to Nee and Cinnamon! Nice to have you here in the group (I'm kind of hoping my baby will come late on your EDD, as it's my partner's birthday. Not sure he's so keen though) :grin:

My doctor didn't give me a blood test either, even after I asked if I needed one... but today I convinced her to give me a referral for a dating scan, I said I need some evidence! So now I have that to look forward to. It's booked for the 30th (8 weeks 2 days).

Good news about your blood results rosebebe the rise is comforting!

#18 MsLaurie

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:32 PM

Hi all. Another who wasn’t really trying yet, was a bit shocked actually. We went from “yeah maybe we should go for number 2...” to “Er, a few days late...”. Feeling incredibly guilty about it as so many friends have had trouble.
I think the due date will be around 11 Jan? Seeing the GP next week.

#19 Nee29

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:07 AM

So exciting that you're booked for your scan Bronita. I'm trying to hold off making my gp appointment because I'm so nervous.
Welcome MsLaurie, congrats! Try not to feel guilty, sometimes good things just happen ☺️
I was in bed by 8pm last night, and have been waking to pee through the night and then can't go back to sleep so I'm glad my exhaustion/insomnia had kicked in.
Still can't believe this is real!

Anyone else having any symptoms? I have cramps like when I have my period which is reassuring and nerve wrecking

#20 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Nee29 I'm sick as a dog right now with a virus so i can't even tell what my symptoms are yet haha.

Hi MsLaurie and congrats!

I got my blood test results today. We checled for a few things (like rubella immunity) and hcg. My numbers indicated early pregnancy which is accurate.

I also apparently have a uti. I have to go get antibiotics later because I cant face the chemist with DD right now. Its like naughty little girl touching everything heaven. I didnt even notice I had one, whcih is ridiculous because of the number of times i thought I had one but it was dehydration. It does explain my back ache though.

Have been trying really hard to not over exert myself at this early stage and being so sick. I had a fever this morning (only low grade but it was 8 degrees and I was so hot I was stripping off) and it took me a long time to figure it out and medicate.

#21 rosebebe

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:14 PM

I hope you get better soon cinamonnutmeg! I hope you can have some time to yourself for a good rest this weekend.

Welcome Nee29 and MsLaurie, and congratulations on your BFP!  MsLaurie, it sounds like it was just meant to be :)

JB5 how are you doing?

I had a U/S already, I have left side + hip joint pain so my GP wanted to rue out ectopic. All good on that front. They found a small 2.1mm sac in the right place which is super exciting yet so early I am staying cautious.
She did say I O'd on the left, but that my left ovary seemed polycystic. I had a similar scan 2 years ago and nothing came up. Not sure if I want to believe that...

She used the last period date to date the pregnancy in her report but I still struggle to believe I am 1 week ahead compared to someone with a normal 28 days cycle just because my cycles are 35 days, it does not make sense to me. I'll stick to my O date (22/04) and use due date 13/01.

Other symptoms are exhaustion, hunger and my boobs are starting to feel a little sore (not much though).
It's almost like I wish I'd have more symptoms to comfort me that everything is going fine. What about you ladies?

I am still undecided with public (no caseload program at my smaller, near home hospital) or private ($$ but continuity of care). Any feedback/ recommendations from your first babies?

I am from Europe and moved here a few years ago so no family around for support and DH is also not from the city we live in. I am worried about being alone back at home the day after birth with no idea on what to do!

#22 MsLaurie

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Symptoms so far, but wonder if it’s a bit psychosomatic!
* Sore breasts (could also be due to Miss3’s sharp elbows and poor understanding of personal space)
* Heavy pelvis (is it really though?? Hmm)
* Off my lunch (maybe it just wasn’t great...).

Last pregnancy my main symptoms were a suppressed appetite, and months of insomnia. If the insomnia happens again this time, i’m going to ask for medication or something, as I’m on empty with spare sleep before I even begin!

#23 Nee29

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:47 AM

Rosebebe, I went public with our first and I absolutely LOVED it! But im not from a big city, so the public hospital still offers single rooms, good food and partners are allowed to stay. That was probably my biggest concern- having my partner stay after the birth. I would have been a mess without him. But we didn't have private health then. We do now and I'll still go public because I just can't fathom spending the thousands to go private, especially since I'm not working this year and things are right enough.

If we had two full time incomes and I could only go to a big city hospital I may go private. I guess it depends on what you want from it.

Im definitely still having some full on cramping. Not enough to make me want pain killers, but enough for me to constantly notice it. Symptoms dropped off yesterday and like you rose, I'm just wanting to have a big wave of nausea or sore boobs so I can know enetyrhing is going well. But I remember I didn't have many symptoms until about 6 weeks first time anyway, and even those were mild.

MsLaurie today is day 3 of me having early morning insomnia.. but only 6am today so not too bad. I woke up and peed on a FRER just to see the line progression and the control is darker than the rest so I guess that's a good sign.

Booked my first gp appt for 6+4 so we'll see how things go in the mean time

#24 Nee29

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:48 AM

Hope you feel better soon cinnamon!

#25 MsLaurie

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

My insomnia last time was regularly waking at 2/3/4am, and being wide awake for hours. Absolutely wrecked me! Fingers crossed that doesn’t come back!
Rosebebe- I went public last time (in Melbourne, at the Mercy), and was happy enough with it that I cancelled maternity care in my private insurance. We’ve moved so I think this time i’ll be zoned for Box Hill, barring complications. Should be fine.
I stayed less than 48hrs last time, but honestly I would have been fine to leave about five hours after. Hoping to go home quick this time- I just want my own bed and pillows!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.