Due in January 2019 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#26 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

I have only been public for mine and I've only known 1 person to go "full private" (private cover in a private hospital). I was always told if you go private in a public hospital you aren't guaranteed a private room because first priority is given to emergencies. I got a private room first time round because I was a haemorrhage risk and I had to be near the nurses. I stayed 2 nights because I was terrfied to go home haha. Second time round I was a fair bit older and only stayed 2 nights because I was induced the first night and gave birth too late and had to stay the second night. The person I knew who went to the private hospital endes up with a rather large bill because there were complications and she needed emergency care which became costly.

My only symptom I can spot is heavy pelvis. My boobs don't really even hurt yet. And heartburn. Not looking forward to the coming food aversions. I've never been able to eat green veg after the first trimester and i get AWFUL heartburn.

Nee29 is this your second? I found that my cramping is a bit worse this time. I think its because my uterus is growing quicker. From what I've seen you show quicker with more babies you've had

#27 Bronita

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Congrats MsLaurie, welcome to the group! And sorry to hear you're so unwell cinnamon, that must be hard. I'm finding it tough and I'm perfectly fine other than all day sickness! So hope you feel better soon :)

Rosebebe I haven't been through a birth yet, but I've spoken to several friends about the public/private question. I think it quite depends on the hospital you'd end up at. For eg, myself and several friends are in the catchment for our maternity hospitals in the relevant city. All my friends who were went public, because what's the point of going private if you'll only get sent to the public hospital if something goes wrong?
However, I had a friend go public who lives in a regional city who wished she had gone private. She said the lack of continuity of care was really stressful as she ended up needing an emergency C-section and didn't have her normal OB around.
If I were you, I'd check out the options by giving the relevant care options a call and see what they say. My local hospital has a brochure on all its options. Also, at least a couple of my friends who went public had a midwife visit them daily for 5 days after the birth, which is reassuring.

My friends who had went private said the continuity of care was great. None of them had any emergencies though.

I'm hoping to go into my local birth centre, which will send me home 4-6 hours after birth! But then follows up with home visits. I'm also hoping to get a student midwife from a local uni who works with you all through the pregnancy, birth, and post-natal. I think there is another thread in this group about it. It's free. All my GFs who went public were also assigned to a local mother's group which has always been an important source of support!

It would be scary to give birth all alone in another country without your family nearby and not knowing the system! I went to hospital a couple of times when I lived in Europe and it was lonely enough, let alone to have a baby. But our care here is great and if you look into options I'm sure you'll find what feels right for you.

Sorry that was a bit long winded but I hope it helps! I have harassed my friends non-stop on this question so happy to pass on some of their wisdom :D

#28 Bronita

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

Oh Nee did you come up with a fun way to tell your husband?

#29 rosebebe

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Thanks Bronita for the info and advice, very much appreciated. Thanks also cinnamon! :hugs:

I am leaning towards going public at the moment (most indecisive person ever!)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

#30 Nee29

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

Yes it is my 2nd, so that does make me feel a bit more reassured. I just want to get past 8 weeks!

I ended up buying a "you're a big sister" book and tried having DD give it to him. She had no interest, but his reaction was cute ☺️ Poor thing though, I haven't talked about barely anything else since those lines appeared.. it's just on my mind 24/7.

#31 gogoface

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

Hello ladies!

I'm being a wee bit cheeky and popping in here even though I'm also in the December 2018 DIG. I was the baby of that group and I've just had my first dating scan which bumped my due date into January 2019 - only just! 01/01/19 (Before it was 27/12 based on LMP and about 29/12 based off ovulation date)

I still have a hunch I'll have a December baby but just in case - I'm going to lurk here too!

Had my dating scan today and saw the heartbeat - clocking in at 125 bpm and measuring at 6+3 (according to my LMP I thought I was 7+1)

Congratulations to you all!

/Edit - This will be our first - also first month TTC which we were NOT expecting as I had some complications in December last year and needed a laparoscopy and H&G in January this year. I had already had 2 blood tests and an initial OB appointment and in room scan before 6 wks(!) and have now had a follow up dating scan and have next OB appointment Monday (when I'll be either 7+4 or 6+6) - Symptoms since about a week ago - engorged breasts/tenderness (have already outgrown all my bras), all day sickness/gagging and nausea, fatigue (went to bed at 5:13pm the other night), extreme hunger and cravings for junk food. oh and peeing a lot. :omg:

Edited by gogoface, 11 May 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#32 MsLaurie

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:21 PM

Local Coles had “confirm” tests reduced to $5, so I bought one just to check! Double lines in 30 seconds, clear as day. Guess i’d better start thinking through the logistics of two... but equally try and not get ahead of myself, so many pregnancies don’t progress.

#33 MapleBaconE

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Hi Everyone,

Happy mothers day for those of you who are mums already and everyone expecting :-)

Just got my BFP this morning so will be joining you guys here for the journey!

First pregnancy, we've been trying for 6 months and getting married end of next year so the timing has worked out well :-)

I've made an appt to see my Dr on Thursday as I have no idea what to do from here on out. Not 100% sure when my period was due as my last cycle was 53 days long and the one before that 33 days.

Edited by CharlieMeAndTheCat, 13 May 2018 - 11:59 AM.

#34 N1kk1louise

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hi ladies! Happy Mother’s day 💐

I got my bfp last week so baby 3 on the way 😍

I’m so excited. I haven’t noticed any symptoms yet as I have had a bit of a cold

So excited to be expecting again I just love everything about pregnancy birth and babies!! Have to pop to the doctors this week for the blood test and referral to my ob!

#35 N1kk1louise

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

In relation to the public or private something that I love with private is my own room and shower in my room because things are messy after birth and there is no way I want to share a room or bathroom especially when you have leaks and need to get up to fix that situation in a hurry .

I also found that public people have less scans whereas my ob did a scan every appointment and I loved seeing my baby so often

And lastly my ob always ran on time. There was one appointment he had to rush to deliver a baby and asked if we could come back but otherwise we were always in and out whereas friends who have gone public often wasted a whole day waiting

My older sister went public and had no complaints other than the fact they wanted to discharge her and send her home but her premmy baby had to stay and she refused to leave him and said she would sleep on a chair if they needed the bed

My younger sister went private and used a gap free ob so paid barely anything although she did have a fourth degree tear episiotomy and vacuum delivery 😳 but she is not traumatised etc by birth

#36 Nee29

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

Welcome Nikki and Charlie! Nice to see the little group growing.
Still waiting for any real obvious symptoms but if this one is like last time I probably won't get much at all. Just so scared and wanting the next 8 months to be over already!

#37 Canberragirl1990

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

Hi ladies, dipping my toes in.

IHaven’t joined a due date group before (3 previous chemical pregnancies) I’m stil suuuuuper early. Only CD23!! Out of a usual 26 day cycle but my last two cycles have both been chemicals so not 100% on O day (CD13-14). But saw FS last week who put me on aspirin and also progesterone pessaries at the first sight of a BFP. So I planned on testing early anyway to start the pessaries. Had a squinted of a line last night but it’s a bit darker today and definitely there. I started my first pessary last night. It was a nice mother’s day surprise. Hoping this one is a sticky! Will be getting bloods done ASAP to monitor progesterone early.  

Anyone have any experience with progesterone pessaries? I’ve heard of some not so nice side effects. Anyway, saying hi! Hope everyone is having a lovely mother’s day xx

#38 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

Hi Canberragirl1990, N1kk1louise and Charliemeandthecat! Welcome!

Canberragirl fx for you that this one is your sticky bean.

And happy mothers day to everyone!

I am feelong super average today. My cold is going away but I feel queasy and have no appetite and am so tired. I couldn't even eat my chips at lunch and we're getting KFC for tea and I don't even want it :'( . Getting super sick of feeling crappy. My back is also achy which has be worried because I'm on antibiotics for a UTI I didnt even know I had. I also had discoloured discharge today. It was feint but there (I had bleeding with DD and it was all fine). Tiredness is making my anxiety worse.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful mothers day xxx

#39 MapleBaconE

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

Canberragirl ive got my fingers crossed for you that this one sticks for you!

I'm with you on the feeling average today Cinnamon. My mum dragged all us sibling out geocaching in the sun today and i felt so queasy and nauseous. Had an awesome 2 hour nap when I got home though and feeling a bit more human now.

Hope you get a good sleep and feel a little better tomorrow.

#40 Nee29

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:47 AM

Hope you're feeling better soon cinnamon, sounds like you're having a rough time

I'm already done with the insomnia... I was in bed and asleep by 8 last night and woke up to go pee and husband is on overtime at work so he's not home yet and it's 2 am and I need to roll over to snuggle him so I can  get back to sleep. Of course instead I'm trawling forums and thinking of all the study I should have been doing instead of watching Netflix. Switch off brain!

How is everyone else? Dating scans coming up?

#41 Schill1711

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:09 AM

Hi all,

So excited this January group is now open.
This is my first baby, so all very new and exciting, and scary.
My EDD is 2nd January so just make it in to this group technically!
6wks 5days today.

Sore boobs for me but no real sickness yet. Sleeping poorly, tossing and turning, felling pretty exhausted already. Long way to go, so hopefully this gets better.

Wishing everyone safe and healthy pregnancies! Forgive me for all my questions in the coming months!!

Edited by Schill1711, 14 May 2018 - 10:33 AM.

#42 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

Welcome Schill1711! It DOES get better. Second trimester is lovely. I always found the first trimester and the second half of the third trimester rough. Try to eat as well as you can and drink lots of water. It helps lol.

I am feeling MUCH better. Well I'm exhausted and congested and have horrible heartburn but that's just life now isn't it? I have been snoring SO BADLY because of my cold that poor DH has had no sleep and had to take the cushion seats into the spare room (there's no couch or bed in there. Just washing and spare dining chairs) to sleep. Poor bugger.

Nee29 insomnia is rough. Going on your phone will only make it worse lol. Blue light or whatever.

4 and a half weeks down. Just 36ish more to go 😂😂😂

#43 MsLaurie

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

Went to the GP today, a new practice as we moved house in Feb, and the old one is now just too inconvenient.
New GP does Shared Care (which I had with bub1 too), so i’m pleased about that.
Looks like a few things will be different this time, as I haven’t had awful early cramping (so no repeat early blood tests, no super early scans) but also because i’ve passed the magical 35 number where they start being Very Serious About Things.
Need to decide soon about whether to go for the Harmony test or whatever, trying to decide whether the info would change outcomes or not.

#44 Canberragirl1990

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

Got my hcg results from last night and they came in at 40. Which is actually great news for me! I was only about 10DPO yesterday lol! I still haven’t hit my “missed period” date yet! So off for another one tomorrow and hopefully it doubles nicely :-) feeling excited now lol hope everyone is feeling well xx (only sore boobs for me right now) have a bad cold/virus but that was developing a week ago! Blegh

#45 N1kk1louise

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

I have to keep reminding myself I’m pregnant! Is anyone else the same! We hd morning tea at work today and I have to really remind myself not to eat the soft cheese or the stuff that is no longer piping hot! And I haven’t told anyone at work yet so try to not make it obvious why I’m being picky haha! I can’t wait to tell everyone but I kinda of also like having a little secret right now 🤭

Edited by N1kk1louise, 15 May 2018 - 12:49 PM.

#46 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:02 PM

View PostN1kk1louise, on 15 May 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

I have to keep reminding myself I’m pregnant! Is anyone else the same! We hd morning tea at work today and I have to really remind myself not to eat the soft cheese or the stuff that is no longer piping hot! And I haven’t told anyone at work yet so try to not make it obvious why I’m being picky haha! I can’t wait to tell everyone but I kinda of also like having a little secret right now 🤭

I ate salami yesterday and enjoyed every bit haha. It was only a couple of slices.

My thing is caffiene. I am struggling to give it up.

That's awesome news Canberragirl! Glad that your numbers are looking positive.

I am sick to death of myself. I am still congested and am always hot (I don't have a fever) and all of my body hurts. Did grocery shopping this morning with DD and she was being such a pest I almost started crying. I was so tired and sore.

Plus DD holds my boobs for comfort (she was breastfed for 18 months) and it hurts now. She thinks its hilarious haha.

#47 Canberragirl1990

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

Has anyone else lost their appetite?? I don’t feel sick (except for a bad cold/virus) but don’t feel hungry like AT ALL. Trying to force myself to eat. Maybe it’s the cold I’ve got? Who knows!

#48 gogoface

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostCanberragirl1990, on 15 May 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Has anyone else lost their appetite?? I don’t feel sick (except for a bad cold/virus) but don’t feel hungry like AT ALL. Trying to force myself to eat. Maybe it’s the cold I’ve got? Who knows!

Im the opposite. Devouring everything in sight.

Still having morning (all day sickness) though weirdly every now and then I get a day without any. Tired but less exhausted than the last few weeks.

Had dating scan and something kinda odd happened. I had scan at 7+1 by LMP - sonographer told me they dated it at 6+3, but when radiologist provided report to my OB, they estimated it at 7+6 (so 10 days variation btw what sonographer said and what radiologist said). weird.

My next step is the NIPT bloods in about 2 - 3 weeks.

#49 MapleBaconE

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

Probably TMI but I'll ask anyway. Ontop of the exhaustion and mild nausea, has anyone else got 'the runs'?

I took an elevit tablet for the first time on Sunday night, so linked it to that (thanks google!) but surely my body should have recovered by now since I havent taken any more since the initial one? I've been running to the bathroom the last 2 days and it's not fun when I'm already feeling pretty average :(

#50 Canberragirl1990

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

I had the runs the day of my BFP on the weekend. Only once though. This has happened to me before on my BFP in March. Could just be a coincidence though? I’m all good now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.