I am doing a KDRB

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#26 bubskitkat

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

I still really love the porter Davis home I have chosen (Hoffman Villa with New England facade)

There is a beautiful display out in Torquay of how the New England facade can be done up with the Hamptons style interior.

#27 bubskitkat

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

Well next week is my technical tender day.

I get to see my architectural drawings & look at all aspects of the home.

Excited but in a bit of the “what in the hell am I doing” mind set.

Then will come colour & styling of the home. Going for neutral greys, whites.

#28 **Xena**

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:27 PM

Yay how exciting :D

My house is all greys, whites and timber. I find it very calming!

#29 little lion

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:08 PM

I like that facade :)

#30 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:24 PM

I'm sure it will all look fabulous!!! How exciting!!

#31 Schmig

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:36 PM

View Postbubskitkat, on 25 June 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

Today I am getting my soil testing done.

Yes I am excited.......

Try not to get too excited too quickly. I can be months between soil testing and starting building (although PD seem to be pretty good from my friends' experiences) In our case it was 7 or 8 months. There will be plenty to get excited about once they start. The pre-build work feels soooo long as you can't see progress for quite a few steps.

But once they get started you will start to feel really excited as  your house comes together. I hope it turns out to be your dream home and a wonderful new start for you.

#32 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

Yes don’t get too excited it seems to be one step forward and three back.

We had the old house knocked down bu 30 June, but then nothing happened until the past week.

The have just relevelled the heritage house part (which we could not knock down), and are starting to get the foundations ready for concrete for the new build stuff.

#33 bubskitkat

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:11 AM

In a couple of weeks I’m going for the interior design days. Really looking forward to this but I’ve spent most of my budget on the architectural side of the build. The house is in the mid range of the porter Davis collection so it comes with good basics.

Still haven’t found a rental property but will need to move by mid November. Getting a quote for the demolition this week.

We are off to Spain for a month whilst all the background work happens.

#34 bubskitkat

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:04 PM

Just an update.

I got a rental property 5 minutes from my old house. I am allowing a month to move.

Everyday I have taken a car load of stuff over to the rental property.

My son with autism is being difficult at the moment as is my ex husband.

I have done the design days and managed to just slightly go over budget. Hoping to save money in other areas to bring it back inline.

The demolishing had been signed off but waiting council approval.

My council has already knocked back my design as its further forward than my neighbors. Hoping they approve ASAP.

Finding the move stressful.

Build is meant to start in February but will see.

#35 bubskitkat

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:06 PM

The trip to Spain was amazing but had to spend time whilst over there reviewing documents. Wouldn't recommend travelling whilst in the contract phase of a build.

#36 alwayshappy

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the updates. Very excited to read the process of KNRB, and to live vicariously through the experience with you. Can't wait to see some pics once you get to that stage.
All the best.

#37 bubskitkat

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:39 AM

The local council has approved my house design and set back as well as the demolition permit.

We move out 10 days ago. Exhausted from the move but happy it’s over.

The old house looks it’s age and without furniture you can see what bad shape it really is in ie the floors are all uneven as the stumps are moving away. The roof in the back of the house is starting to fall in.

Demolition is scheduled before Christmas which will give the builders time to test soil under the existing house structure and confirm slab design and under pinning.

It’s scary but at the same time very exciting.

#38 c.sanders

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:21 AM

That's fantastic!!

I felt the same about my parents kdrb. They are doing the second floor slab right now and I'm a crazy pregnant lady watching my baby grow all over again.  I go by at least once a week to check it out. Dh thinks I'm crazy but I actually picked up a number of issues. i.e. they forgot 2 small windows in the laundries etc. So it's good to keep an eye on things. I guess it's because they've designed it but I've imagined living in it so I tend to pick up those little things.

Good luck!  It's all very exciting!!

#39 bubskitkat

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:18 PM

I’m sure that I will be there all the time watching the progress.

#40 bubskitkat

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

Last week the temporary fencing went around the property.

The next phase was the asbestos removal. I had no idea that the illegally built back part of the house was mainly asbestos. The previous owners built with this and with age it was starting to crack releasing fibres into the air, I wish I'd had a full asbestos check done years ago.

There was a delay in abolishing the ultilities but finally today the last one was abolished

It's all set to be demolished on Monday.

The builders will then need soil tests to confirm the new Slab design and pinning.

Build is set for February.

#41 c.sanders

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:43 PM

We found a lot of asbestos too... Very stressful!! :(

#42 bubskitkat

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

House demolishing has been moved to Tuesday

Then I need to get another soil sample and the slab and site costs need to be confirmed.

This will take about 6 weeks noting that Christmas is coming and a lot of people take that time off.

Still on track for February build start date but only just.

#43 bubskitkat

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

Well yesterday the house was demolished!

It was a it of a shock to see the first hit but then it got more and more exciting.

At times it was a bit what in the hell am I doing.

Due to the storms today the yard clearing and the removal of rubbish and concrete was stopped. Hoping to get this all completed by early next week.

Exciting but frightening all at the same time.

#44 Hands Up

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

I looked up your house design. It’s lovely.

#45 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

Yes the demolition stuff is exciting.

As the front part of our place is Heritage we had to keep the first 3 original cottage rooms but demolished the 1990s extension. Then came the slab, brick boundary walls (narrow block of 6.5m wide so Building to boundary on each side at the back) and they are about to finish framing stage. It has been over 3 years to get to this stage so I am over the moon it is finally actually happening.

#46 bubskitkat

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:07 PM

Today they finished the demolition. The land is all scraped back to the land fall.

Most of my garden still stands.

Yesterday was my 2 year divorce anniversary. It was fitting that this happened at this time.

Now to get the soil samples and handover to porter Davis for build.

#47 bubskitkat

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

View PostHands Up, on 14 December 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

I looked up your house design. It’s lovely.

Thank you my ex husband has told me how wrong I am with the design. To know others are backing me up and saying it’s good means a lot.

#48 Charli73

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:25 PM

I just googled the PD and saw the design, it’s gorgeous!

Hope all goes well!

#49 bubskitkat

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:32 PM

This month February we are meant to start. Still waiting for a site supervisor to be assigned. There might be an issue with rubble under the dirt on the land but if there is I’ll just have to pay to have it removed.

Hoping to have the slab poured by the end of the month

#50 Kafkaesque

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:38 PM

How exciting! Goodluck with the build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.