I am doing a KDRB

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#51 bubskitkat

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:12 AM

Next week they are going to cut & fill the block. On the 25/2 the slab concrete pour is meant to be happening.

It’s starting to happen!

#52 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:36 AM

Hopefully yours progresses more quickly than mine.

Knock down 30 June.
Slab Pour end of August.
Frame start October
Frame end Christmas
Meant to have a roof on by end of next week.

#53 c.sanders

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:58 AM

We are also meant to be getting our roof in about a week.  I'm so excited!!  Can't wait to get rid of the scaffold!!

#54 bubskitkat

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

I’ve been told to allow a year for the build.

We moved out in late October and now it’s February.

As I’m building with a mass builder I was told to expect it to go in stops and starts.

I really would like to be in the house by Christmas but starting to doubt that.

#55 blackcat20

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:27 PM

Christmas isnt unrealisted; our build started in May, finished in September but handed over in November.

#56 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

I should add we moved out in January last year thinking they would start March and be back in out house by Christmas.

Theoretically they are still telling us Easter, but I am now hoping for 30 June at the latest.

I was very despondent end of last year and DH was still excited... we have now flipped and DH despondent and I am slightly excited.

#57 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:54 PM

Our build took 1 year. Pretty much to the day. Which is around what the builder thought it would take, although he was aiming for 10 months himself. Custom build, not with a volume builder.

#58 Karlee99

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

Our custom build started in December, which was quickly followed by a few weeks break over Christmas and we moved in at the end of June.

I am excited for you all, I loved seeing ours come together

#59 bubskitkat

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

They are still working on the base prior to the slab pour on the 25/2.

I admit I’m there as much as I can be.

#60 c.sanders

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

Same here but it's a good thing. They forgot to put windows in my laundry :o

#61 bubskitkat

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

They discovered an underground storm water pit which was under the concrete slab for the garage which explains why when it stormed the garag would turn into a river which meant we needed to pull the house down due to all the damage caused by water erosion of the stumps.

Just brilliant the person was whom built the garage on top of the storm water tank.

Lucky it was found before my new slab went down.

Building is suspended until we get the tank out & land resettled.

#62 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

Does that mean your property isn't connected to stormwater drains? Do you have a Legal Point of Discharge (LPOD)? We didn't have one and had to install one before the build started. Cost $13,000!

#63 bubskitkat

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostFuzzyChocolateToes, on 22 February 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Does that mean your property isn't connected to stormwater drains? Do you have a Legal Point of Discharge (LPOD)? We didn't have one and had to install one before the build started. Cost $13,000!

I have no idea but the build is back on and will need to ask the site supervisor. $13k would hurt.

#64 bubskitkat

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:58 PM

Issue has been resolved and building will start again shortly

#65 bubskitkat

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

The slab is now poured. It’s been a busy week. Framing starts next Tuesday!

I’m very happy with the size of the house on the block.

#66 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

Hopefully it will progress quickly now.

#67 bubskitkat

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

The frame is now completed!

Yes I’ve been there everyday....... it’s my house & I can watch if I want to

#68 got my tinsel on

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:08 PM

View Postbubskitkat, on 20 March 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

The frame is now completed!

Yes I’ve been there everyday....... it’s my house & I can watch if I want to

Yay!

#69 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:14 PM

Wow! That was quick! You may move in before I do!

They have now mentioned the “J” word (June) for completion of ours (was meant to be April but we aren’t even at Lockup).

#70 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

View PostVeritas Vinum Arte, on 20 March 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

Wow! That was quick! You may move in before I do!

They have now mentioned the “J” word (June) for completion of ours (was meant to be April but we aren’t even at Lockup).
they have flexibility on the J word (there is also July ...)

#71 bubskitkat

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

They mentioned June for mine but I am still hopeful for Christmas. You never know what might happen.

#72 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:38 PM

View PostYodaTheWrinkledOne, on 21 March 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

they have flexibility on the J word (there is also July ...)

Fingers in ears “lalalalala”

#73 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

I feel slightly better today. Another parent at school moved out the month before us and aren’t even finished framing! So at least we are ahead of them.

#74 bubskitkat

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

Our building supervisor told us that kdrb’s are where the builders are starting to focus with many people in older houses starting to see this a a very viable option.

There is a house nearly the same as mine nearby and I’m watching theirs progress. They are about 7 weeks in front.

#75 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:19 PM

Ours is heritage so basically everything not heritage knocked down and the heritage being renovated (3 room cottage).

It would have been cheaper if we could have KDRB. The cottage was up to 7cm out of level. Putting cupboards near front door have to be built on a lean as the whole cottage leans 5cm to the south.... so the 5cm lean has to be built into the cupboard so it doesn’t look strange against the wall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.