#1 Sandra

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:03 PM

New thread time ladies  :)

#2 Procrastinating

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:43 PM

Gold

#3 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:46 PM

To the person who asked (sorry forgot who) my deprezsion and anxiety has been terrible. Week before last I was just walking around crying for literally no reason and thoughts gpt really dark. But it seems to have passed.

I have been getting stitch like cramps in my right side. I dont know if its getting worse ormy hypochondria is showing. I am going to try and get my ultrasound on wednesday

#4 MapleBaconE

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:26 AM

Anxiety question was me. Mines been horrible this week, crying in the mornings and not being able to eat from severe nausea. It's slowly getting better as I get back into a routine at work but it's still a struggle at the moment.

The doctor had previously given me ativan tablets for the panic attacks however now that im pregnant im not allowed to take them, so Im having to try and manage with coping skills.

Hoping it eases off soon like yours did Cinnamon!

#5 Procrastinating

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

Just so you guys know. Lexapro and Zoloft are pregnancy and breastfeeding safe.

#6 Canberragirl1990

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

Nausea has slowly started to creep in on me now. Couldn't drink my coffee today :-( going to miss it!

I've cut down to 1 a day since my BFP (averaged 2-3 coffee's and 1 tea a day before) but now 1 small coffee and a green tea in the early evenings.

Can't even manage that anymore, but like DH joked "it's a nice sacrifice to make, it means the little one is growing" so he has agreed to sacrifice anything I can't stomach as well. Even though I said that's silly and to eat what he likes! Lets see how long he'll last ;-)

I haven't experienced any high anxiety before. I suffer from OCD from time to time and I've noticed my little quirks are a bit stronger lately and I am feeling a little more stressed and anxious, but for now it's all manageable though. Might pick up some more yoga sessions to help.

Hope everyone has a nice week! xx

#7 MrsT2018

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:34 PM

This might sound like a silly question but how do they do the ultrasounds at 7-8 weeks?

Do they just do the normal on the belly one or vaginal ones?

I have one booked for Friday & I'll be 7.6 weeks... just hoping to be prepared...

#8 BabyGame

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

I think they will try on the belly first and if they can’t get a good image they may go vaginal. With my last pregnancy they just did over the belly and I was about 6weeks and they were able to see what they needed and got to see and hear heartbeat

#9 Tizzy

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

Happy from my experience they will try abdominal first and then do a TV if they can't get a clear pic. I have a retroverted uterus so they always end up having to do the TV but I just wish they would do that first so I didn't have to waste time holding water.
I've booked my scan too but not until next Friday

#10 MrsT2018

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

Thanks girls. It wouldn't really bother me but since its my hubbys first it would be nicer not having to spread the legs ha ha.

I'm so excited, looking forward to hearing that everything is ok. We haven't told anyone at all yet so will be nice to tell our mums this weekend :-)

#11 rosebebe

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

Hello ladies! Sounds like it is Ultrasound week for a lot of us, how exciting!
Mine is tomorrow at 7+3 days and I cannot wait. I have really struggled with anxiety around the pregnancy and every cramp freaks me out.
I also feel like my symptoms which were only sore boobs and fatigue have gone today. Has anyone had symptoms come and go? I've had light cramps today, sort of like period cramps.

All I hear about lately is miscarriage and even my close friend who I've told the big news to said she won't be excited for until 12 weeks. That was quite upsetting to hear when I am trying to stay positive :(

Cinamon and Maplebacon, I hope anxiety and depression goes away for the rest of your pregnancies.

Good luck without coffee Canberragirl! I still can eat most things. Normal?

#12 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

I'm sorry your friend wasn't as positive as you hoped. If it makes you feel better apparently if you make it to 8 weeks your chances are only a couple of percent as positive as 12 weeks.

I told my dad today and he proceeded to harp about my weight (I am very fat) and how I'd have 3 kids and I just complain about the kids I have (yeah I do. But no more than other parents. He was just being a jerk). My dad can't cope with anything outside his idea of acceptable and normal. He has quite narrow vision and is quite judgemental and has a very unhealthy and unrealistic idea of what a woman should be (probably why he's single). Oh well.

I booked my ultrasound in for thursday morning. I'll be 7+1 by my O dates. Very exciting.

Me, my bestie and my MIL all think its going to be a boy. Mainly because it'll be terribly inconvenient with us having all girl things (it'll all be the wrong season anyway). Anyone else have any early feelings?

#13 rosebebe

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

Oh Cinnamon that doesn't sounds like a nice way to welcome the news either, so sorry to hear. I think 3 children is wonderful! I am one of 3 and loved having 2 siblings, that way there's always one home to play with.
Don't every parent complain about their kids but love them to bits?

Number 1 for me but wow it is already an emotional roller coaster!

Edited by rosebebe, 29 May 2018 - 06:39 PM.

#14 Nee29

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

How exciting that there are so many scans coming up! We're booked for our first next Monday at 7+4.

Sorry for those that are feeling a lot of anxiety. It's such a worrying time these first few months... and these silly hormones don't help things.

Nausea is really getting to me, and exhaustion. Which is making life hard with study. I don't now why I thought I'd still be able to cope with uni while being early pregnant. But i guess I'm taking it as a really good sign.

If I had been working full time I think I would have gone through a private ob for continuity of care, but our public hospital is so amazing. I'm actually excited to birth there again.

Anyone else thinking names yet? I'm 100% sold on a boys name but can't find a girls name I love enough to use (that husbo will agree with).

#15 la di dah

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm due Jan 8, I'm 8 weeks today. Saw the ultrasound, saw the heartbeat.

This is my second pregnancy but the last ended early and sadly, so this is further than I have ever gotten.

I have to book in with the hospital, I have the referral but am really nervous for some reason and don't know what to say? Do I just say "hello, I am an idiot, and I am having a baby, help?"

#16 MsLaurie

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:25 PM

We told my family this evening and they were delighted and promised to keep their mouths shut until 12 weeks! Our gap will be four years (entirely deliberately), so I think they had *almost* given up hope of an extra grandkid from us :))
In less happy news- this pregnancy is definitely harder work already, have been feeling lousy for 2 weeks, and vomited twice this morning and nearly again this evening. Last time only once in the full nine months, so this doesn’t bode well :(

#17 PumpkinSpice

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:30 AM

View Postla di dah, on 29 May 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

Hi everyone.

I'm due Jan 8, I'm 8 weeks today. Saw the ultrasound, saw the heartbeat.

This is my second pregnancy but the last ended early and sadly, so this is further than I have ever gotten.

I have to book in with the hospital, I have the referral but am really nervous for some reason and don't know what to say? Do I just say "hello, I am an idiot, and I am having a baby, help?"

Congrats ladidah!

I’m the same, we lost our first baby early too.

WRT hospitals, my local one had a form to fill out on their website for expectant mums. Around the 9-11 week mark they send you info and make an appointment for around 14 weeks. I had visited them too as I hadn’t heard anything in the beginning.

#18 PumpkinSpice

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

View PostNee29, on 29 May 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Anyone else thinking names yet? I'm 100% sold on a boys name but can't find a girls name I love enough to use (that husbo will agree with).

Yes! Love the name game! We have lists and some front runners but I have to meet the little one before I know for sure☺️
Agree! Boys names are way easier for me too for some reason!

#19 MapleBaconE

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

Name wise I fell in love with the name Adeline for a girl, my fiance HATES it :( So I'm trying to find names with a similar sound that arent exactly like it haha. Boys names im struggling with though.

Nausea has kicked in over the last 2 days. Have thrown up a couple times already and totally exhausted. I work full time so I dont have the option to nap, and we have our 9 week old puppy who keeps me up half the night with pee breaks so I'm a walking zombie :p

Anyone got tips on how to combat the nausea at work?

#20 Burgie

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

Edited by Burgie, 07 June 2018 - 11:35 PM.

#21 MapleBaconE

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

Burgie I do have some pics, not sure how to post them though as I'm pretty new to the forum here. Is there a sticky somewhere with instructions on how to load them?

#22 Tizzy

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

Maple I love that name bigger about dh maybe he'll change his mind. No good you're feeling sick does ginger work for you? I have dry ginger ale which I keep near and sip on all day if ms hits. Plus eating before you start to feel hungry x

Hi La di dah I know exactly what you mean about booking appointments lol I'm sorry about your first but so great you had a healthy us.

Wow Rosebebe very uncool of your friend. Has she had a loss? Either way she should have been a lot more supportive that that and Cinnamon that was really mean what your dad said I hope he didn't upset you too much.

#23 J-Sax

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

Hi all

I’ve been popping in here but wanted to wait until I saw a heart beat to join- I did yesterday in the OB’s office!! This will be my 3rd - I’ve got an almost 6 year old girl and a 4yr old boy - so this will be our tie breaker lol. Im calling it early -i think it’s a girl. We’ll find out the sex before at the harmony test. Had surprises with the others and was so buggered after labour that I didn’t even think to ask what sex they were! Plus would like to get rid of lots of the excess baby clothes I’ve accumulated over the years and prep the kids - my boy wants a brother, my girl wants a sister!

I had a missed miscarriage early this year that we discovered at my 10 wk scan Posted Image So a little more apprehensive this time round but hoping this one sticks!!

I live in the south east of melb - any others?  

I’ll be going public this time (was private for the other two). I’ve had smooth pregnancies and labours and I’m still seeing the same OB all the way through... he just won’t deliver the baby (he missed my second one anyway!). Paying him $500 (plus a small charge each visit) rather than $5K so easy decision... plus my private cover no longer has childbirth.

#24 magalee

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

I'm happy to stick around here if anyone else is, I'm not a big user of FB.

For those still yet to have their scan, I've found most dating scans are internal these days - quite different to when I had DS 5 years ago.  At least you don't need to hold your wee!

#25 Canberragirl1990

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

I'll be sticking around Magalee. I'm not a big FB use either and I actually have a joint one with DH lol!! (he uses it more than I do)

I am HANGING out for our dating scan - 11 days to go!

Any one else having a scan coming up soon??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.