Due in January 2019 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#126 Tizzy

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

Omg I'm feeling you on the hot chips 🤦‍♀️ I really need to sort my eating habits out they're terrible and I know better.

Also #2 here but only 13+4 with a retroverted uterus so still just looking fat rather than pregnant until it flips forward but def expecting that to happen earlier this time around.

#127 magalee

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

I'm still here too!  Good to see there are some of us still around :yes:

I think I have finally come out of my MS but I still sometimes have food aversions at night.  I have also picked up a chesty cough from DS1 which hasn't helped.

I am 16+1 today. my bump is noticeable in some clothes but I told a client on Friday and she was so shocked as she said I don't look pregnant. Mmmmm my tight pants are telling me a different story.

I have gestational diabetes again - they tested me early as I had it with DS so my eating has been quite good.  Last time I weighed myself 2 weeks I had only put on 1 kg but I had a bit too lose anyway so hopefully bub will eat up all of that!!

I'm thinking I won't feel anything till 20 weeks but am certainly keeping an eye out for it.

#128 MsLaurie

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

I don’t look pregnant yet (perhaps a bit pudgier than usual, but not really)- but my shape is definitely shifting- no way no how were my favourite work pants zipping and buttoning up! And i’ve noticed my jeans are just not staying in place, I have to keep hitching them up.

#129 Nee29

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

I still pop in every now and then. And thought I'd update that we found out yesterday we're getting our BLUE BUNDLE!!!
We're so happy and shocked. Can finally tell the world we're pregnancy.
I've definitely been feeling some movement, and I'm 15+2 so cool.
Good to see that everyone who still here are doing well,
Sorry about the GD magalee

#130 BabyGame

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:10 PM

I’m still here. Got the results from NIPT everything low risk, found out sex but it’s sitting in an envelope and we haven’t looked at it yet as we want to do a gender reveal. Taking a lot not to take a look. I have the NT scan tomorrow, can’t wait to see lil bubba and get some photos 😊

#131 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

Hey everyone! I'm still around. Just been quietly lurking.

Can't believe we're in the second trimester. I don't feel pregnant. Just fat. My clothes are getting tighter and i go on an angry rant at least once a day about the lack of plus size maternity options in Australia and the price of shipping (plus not knowing if they will fit). Super irritating.

We're waiting for the morphology scan to find out the sex. Sometimes I feel guilty because we were so gung ho with DD and we're pretty chilled about this one.

Magalee that really sucks about the GD.

#132 BabyGame

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

We had our NT scan today, currently 13+1. Think everything is looking good, got to see Bub anyway which was great. Think I’m ready to move on to the “other” group if someone could PM details.

#133 MsLaurie

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

I saw myself in a large mirror today and suddenly saw a decidedly rounded belly. At least from certain angles, it’s not just pudge!

#134 magalee

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:37 PM

I'm actually fine about the GD as I had it last time and I am so much more knowledgeable.  Just have to keep my blood sugars stable.

It also means I will most likely have a CS before 40 weeks as I had a few complications in my last few weeks with DS.

But I know now which is an upside :)

Yay for great results for everyone!

#135 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

At least there is a positive. I am being watched for GD because of my weight.

I have had the worst headache for the past 2 days. Panadol is doing nothing. I just want to take some nurofen. Its horrible

#136 MsLaurie

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:04 AM

17 weeks now. Definitely feeling ripple-y movements. MUCH earlier than with #1- I didn’t feel movements with her until 22 weeks, which was a looooong wait.
Starting to think through some of the logistics changes for next year, and how much leave I should take, and how on earth our junk room can be changed to a bedroom (and where to put the junk?!?)

#137 magalee

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

I hear you Ms Laurie.  DH and I were looking at DS's "games room" being the smaller bedroom and working out how we can move stuff into his bedroom and turn it into a nursery.

We have slated the October long weekend to tackle it all as DH needs to re-do the wardrobe.  He's good at DIY and we have renovated about 75% of this house - just not the wardrobe in this room which I think is original 1970's.

I also downloaded the Parental Leave form from work to work out what I am going to do re leave mmmmmm still mulling that one over!  I might access some annual leave or long service leave to cover part of it.

No movement here yet, just still feel pudgy!

#138 Tizzy

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:38 PM

Still got the pudgy feeling here too Magalee at 15+4 and can still hide it as winter weight.

MsLaurie definitely know those feels one where to move everything out dd has so much stuff its ridiculous smh

#139 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

17 weeks today. THAT feels wierd.

We need tonset DD up with a big girls riom before we think about the baby. But they'll be sharing a room once bubs is bug enough.

Not doing anything til after we get back from our holiday though (except arranging DDs furniture).

DD is super sick and insisted in cuddling during breakfast this morning. It meant I ate sitting all funny. Saw breakfast again. Gross.

#140 MsLaurie

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:56 AM

19 weeks now. Have started to get pain in my pelvis, in the pubic bone area, right at the front. Quite sharp and persistent. Seems early for something like that?!

#141 magalee

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

It's very quiet in here - any one around?

I am 21 weeks now and started feeling bub last Monday at just over 20 weeks.  Love that feeling!

#142 MsLaurie

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

Still checking in!
Had 20 week scan last week, all limbs & organs accounted for and on track! Feeling movement fairly often. It’s such an odd sensation.

#143 MapleBaconE

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:33 PM

Still here. Ive got my 20 week scan on the 10th. It cannot come quick enough!!

Feels like he's wedged himself into my left hip, as its quite uncomfortable down in that corner, and if i bend a certain way it feels like something is there :p

Feeling a fair bit of movement/kicks. Made me quite nauseous at first as its no longer a 'was that a fart or the baby' feeling but an 'omg theres something alive inside me' feeling :D but im starting to get used to the feeling and it makes me grin now.

Anyone have a name picked out yet? We've decided on Felix for now. We wanted to find a name that was a normal name, not too common, and could be pronounced by my German relatives. this is the only one that fit all categories :p

Also wondering if anyone has done any shopping so far?

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

#144 magalee

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:45 PM

The sensation is weird to begin with but I love it after I get used to it.  Just a subtle reminder of what's happening :yes:

I *think* we have a name picked and I have been using that in my head to talk to the bub but DH did say the other night we should talk names again and see if we are 100% certain.  I think we will be its just the middle name we are struggling with a bit.

I have been getting the odd thing here and there as we had two baby shops close down near us over the past few months and I couldn't resist a bargain but I need to get a few things still.

A friend has a bub born in March and he is their last one so she has been passing on things to me which is awesome!

Good luck with your scan MapleBaconE!  We had DS with us and he was told the sex and he literally fist pumped he was that excited at getting a baby brother :rofl:

#145 MsLaurie

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

Just checking in, how are people getting on?
26 weeks now & feeling ungainly, with the sort of very defined bump that has even randoms starting to ask when.

Been getting a bit of braxton-hicks which is uncomfortable, and having trouble getting comfortable on the bus, in bed, walking... may just spend the next three months whining and lying on the couch wherever possible!!

Others??

#146 Canberragirl1990

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

Hi all,

I have not been online in a VERY long time!! Hello again :-)

I am almost 26/40, have a sore lower back/sciatic ALL the time and little twinges in my abs/lower abdominal muscles, but apart from that I am VERY lucky and have not been unwell or had any bad symptoms to deal with. We have just now started purchasing items for our bub - have a pram on order, getting a cot & change table this weekend - exciting times!!

How is everyone else going? This week I have noticed I am a lot more tired than usual, so going to try and rest as much as possible, order groceries online  (just small things to help) to make it easier. Planning to work full time up until the end of this year (35/40 when our office closes down for 2 weeks anyway) so that worked out perfectly!

Hope everyone is enjoying pregnancy without any hiccups!
xox

#147 MsLaurie

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:47 PM

34 weeks now and on leave *kermit arms* woohoo!

Insomnia continues to be an issue, but at least now I can have afternoon naps... hmm what else? Baby’s room still full of STUFF but we do now have a bookshelf and wardrobe in there, so that’s something.

Clothes- I need to re-sort and re-wash Miss4s hand-me-downs, see what I still like. I have bought a few things new though, including a gorgeous teal cardi and a classic white bonds jumpsuit, the one with press-studs and tiny collar.

How are other people traveling?

#148 lilbabyofmine

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:28 PM

*Joins* I've just hit 35W (due with a baby boy Jan 13th) hows everyone doing? I'm not liking this hot weather, but glad I've finished up at work now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.