Due in January 2019 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#26 MrsT2018

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

View PostCanberragirl1990, on 31 May 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Any one else having a scan coming up soon??

My scan is tomorrow at 8.30am and I CANT WAIT!!!
... I just msg my DH to tell him i cant wait to see (insert 4 top names here) tomorrow ha ha

I keep teasing him that we'll see 4 little bundles of joy lol.

#27 Nee29

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

Ooh how exciting for you happymrst! How far along are you? I always make my appts for the morning because it would make me crazy waiting the day haha.
My scan is on Monday and I'm so excited! I hope it's not internal because I don't want to drink all that water and be uncomfortable waiting for nothing!

#28 *JTM*

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Edited by *JTM*, 31 May 2018 - 08:21 PM.

#29 MrsT2018

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

Thanks Nee I'm 7.6 tomorrow :-)

Yes not sure how I'll go with the bladder requirement lol i desperately have to empty it every morning

#30 Canberragirl1990

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

Tip ladies for scans - it takes water 30-45mins to get to your bladder so I usually empty in morn then drink water 1 hr before a scan (some places say 2+ hours before the scan and hold!!) soooo hard lol

#31 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

I'm gonna stick around here too. I like the privacy of EB atm haha.

I had my scan today! I have been worried because I have been having pains on the right side. But the little smoodge is all in the right place. Its crazy.

I had to have the internal in the end. But I'm only 7+1 weeks.

Good luck tomorrow HappyMrsT!

#32 Tizzy

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

Congrats on a great scan Cinnamon I can't wait to get my first one out of the way so I can try and enjoy myself a bit more.

Canberragirl I've figured I can get away with 500-700ml of water an hour before and not be in pain before the scan lol They always ask me to empty a bit so I've learnt to drink less.

Magalee I always tell them when booking that it'll end up being internal but they always make me go in with a full bladder ;(

#33 gogoface

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

Happy to join the Facey group - as I'm a cusp Dec/Jan baby Im already in one for December babies.

My Harmony NIPT is next Mon/Tues - eeee. Can't believe a week after that I'll know if it's a wee boy or girl. I don't think I have a preference and hubby is slightly more leaning towards wanting a boy.

It's our first so no imbalance to even up or anything (well, except for three female pets).

My dating scan was just belly. It was at 7+1 and they could see heartbeat and measure and do all they needed to.

I am 10+1 by LMP today! Feels good to be in double digits! End of first tri still seems YEARS away - especially now Ive been informed that end of first tri is the end of the 13th week - that's still nearly FOUR weeks away!

Ive been slightly less exhausted and slightly more queasy. Been getting lots of colds and coldsores as my immunity is low. Husby took our 2 month 'bump' photo the other day - I think there's a tiny bit of something there!

#34 Burgie

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:41 PM

Edited by Burgie, 07 June 2018 - 11:36 PM.

#35 Sandra

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

Hi ladies

A gentle reminder of our Essential Baby Due in Groups rules:

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

#36 Tizzy

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Gogoface I'm jealous of your double digits they feel like forever away for me lol How exciting too knowing what bub is going to be in the next two weeks so much easier than waiting until the 18 week scan I loved finding out what my daughter was going to be.

Budgie I'm just over 6 weeks and noticing a little nausea creeping in every now and then but still just mainly bloated, gassy and having some seriously weird dreams.

#37 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

TMI:
So sick of stomach issues. First I can't go to the toilet. Now I can't stop.

Having a terrible day and this is not helping

#38 N1kk1louise

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

Hi everyone. We had our 7 week scan this week. The ob said he could just see the heartbeat but we will check again in 2 weeks as it appears I might only be 6 weeks. I would love to join the fb group please!
I love being pregnant but this metallic taste in my mouth is annoying me! The only thing that helps is food but only for s little bit and I don’t want to pack on the pounds just yet!! I’ve still got  a few left from the last 2 babies!
Is anyone else from Brisbane?

#39 MapleBaconE

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:32 PM

Cinnamon I'm having the same tummy issues as you. I'm used to the runs from having IBS but it's still not nice. Make sure you drink lots of water or hydralite and make sure you rest lots. Hopefully it settles down soon for you!

I had some bloods done this morning and have my dating ultrasound on Thursday morning. Fingers crossed everything is ok and as it should be.

#40 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

I had the same problems the last 2 pregnancies right the way through. Its because I'm terrible at drinking water.

Anyone else keep forgetting their pregnant? My friend msgd and asked how I'm going and it took an embarrassingly long time to remember what she was on about lol

#41 Tizzy

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

Argh ms has me turning off my beloved coffee. I've been hit with an all day light queasiness which is frustrating and not much is making me feel better. I'm even yelling at my dog cause I can smell his breath from across the room and it's making me gag smh

#42 PinkPastel

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

Hi ladies! Ive been lurking for quite some time now, but haven't had a whole lot to post about as yet.

I am around 6 weeks, 3 days right now, although i have a scan next weekend to confirm exactly and make sure all is going well so far.

This is my second pregnancy, and i have been horribly nauseas and fatigued since ovulation pretty much, and the last week I've been down and out with horrible morning sickness (all day sickness! lol).
I have a 2 year old at home and with how sick i constantly am its making it hard for me to be a fun mum. I had no symptoms or MS at all with my son, so this time around is 100% the opposite.....its awful!.

How do i go about joining that 'Group' on a specific social media

#43 magalee

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

So pleased a few people are sticking around here!!!

I saw my OB on Friday and she did a belly scan and moved me forward 2 days (also based on internal dating scan) so EDD is now 5 January.  So I am currently 9+2 weeks.

She also gave me a script for Ondansetron which is a bit like Zofran .... oh halleujah I can function again YAY.  BUT OMG the constipation!!! If it isn't one thing its another...

Harmony Test next week.

Yep am totally off coffee and tea, peppermint tea it is for me.

And yes sometimes I forget I'm pregnant and then the wave of nausea hits!

#44 rosebebe

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

Great to hear about the scans of last week! I am happy to stick around here for now.

I had mine almost a week ago on Wednesday and baby’s heartbeat was at 170bpm which is great. She changed the due date from LMP to exactly when I O’d, putting me a 8 w +2 d today.

I am still freaking out, I have no symptoms outside of terrible acne (I normally have a clear skin but that could just be not being on the pill!) and I worry if I am still pregnant... can’t  wait for the 12 weeks scan in...4 weeks haaa so long!

I have met a lovely student midwife who will hopefully follow my pregnancy if everything goes well. Is anyone else going down that path? Will be going public in the en do as I live so close to the small hospital

#45 Nee29

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

So good to hear about all the positive scans! And sorry about all the ms... I can't possibly forget that Im pregnant because of the all day nausea so I'm definitely feeling for those going through the same.

We had our scan today and baby was measuring 2 days ahead so I'm now 7+6 and due on the 15th. Slowly starting to believe we'll be having a another baby! and I'm convinced its a girl... feeling exactly the same as I did with DD. I wonder....

I'm sure my SIL will convince me to get a student midwife as she's currently studying midwifery, but I don't think I want one this time around. Last time she turned off my gas and no one believed me! Not a happy labouring woman haha. But I also had my husband, mother and sister with me last time and won't be this time so it might be nice to have an extra familiar face.

Magalee how exciting for the barony test, will you be finding out gender?

#46 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

Nee29 - thats terrible! Did someone turn the gas back on?

I was bragging to DH that apart from zero sex drive I had been coping pretty well. I didn't  get MS with my last pregnancies, just crippling exhaustion.

Yesterday it hit so hard. I had to out Tangled on for DD so she could lie on me so I could nap. Then I felt sick and exhausted all night. Poor bugger had to do everything. He was good about it though. FX it was a 1 off.

#47 magalee

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

View PostNee29, on 04 June 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

Magalee how exciting for the barony test, will you be finding out gender?

Yes I can't help myself  :rolleyes:  also deciding whether to tell DS the sex straight away or not but he's 5 so I have to be prepared that he will tell everyone!

#48 Canberragirl1990

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:33 AM

Yep the MS has hit hard for me over the weekend and also my super sensitivity to smells, which do NOT go hand in hand! haha. I am soo tired and nauseous all day. It's not super strong (haven't actually been sick yet) but constantly feeling ill is horrible!!

I am struggling every morning to get out of bed and go to work :-( trying to force myself to eat as well because I feel so unwell and don't want to eat (but I know that will make it worse) so i'm nibbling on things throughout the day.

Any ways to help?? I heard peppermint tea helps? But I cannot stand the smell of it. Feeling a bit of a sad sack right now, but on the positive side, I cannot forget i'm pregnant LOL 1 week today for my first scan yippee

#49 MapleBaconE

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:47 PM

Hey everyone,

morning sickness has hit big time. all day nauseous and particular smells (mostly the puppys breath) has me running to the bathroom to throw up. Also feeling extremely exhausted and crampy. Ive been going to bed at 8pm and sleeping through until my alarm wakes me up at 6.15am.

My poor DH is stuck doing most of the housework and puppy rearing.

We told his siblings on the weekend too. to say they were surprised is an understatement haha.

Had my bloods on Saturday morning and have my dating ultrasound on Thursday morning. Fingers crossed its all ok as these on and off cramps have my anxiety ramping up big time.

Hope everyone has a good week!

...any tips on how to combat the nausea at work? HATE the taste/smell of ginger so cant use anything that has that in it.

#50 BabyGame

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

So baby brain has definitely kicked in. Went to the shops with my 2 girls, got back to the car after about an hour and my car door was open! 🤦🏽‍♀️ Think I was in such a rush and girls cranky being put into the pram, I forgot to shut the car door. Lucky nothing missing 🙃

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.