Due in January 2019 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#51 MsLaurie

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

View PostMapleBaconE, on 05 June 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

...any tips on how to combat the nausea at work? HATE the taste/smell of ginger so cant use anything that has that in it.

Peppermint? I find peppermint tea especially in the afternoons to help settle things.

Protein is meant to help as well, perhaps some sharp cheese and crackers?

#52 MapleBaconE

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

Ooh the sharp cheese and crackers sounds appealing. I'll give that a try tomorrow!

We had our dating ultrasound this morning. LMP was 12 April but I have had extremely irregular cycles so wasn't surprised when we were told we are only 6 weeks 6 days along. Due date is now Jan 25th, which I'm hoping i go over as my sisters little boy was born on that day haha.

Heart beat was 129 which she said was good and she also said i had a retroverted/tilted uterus.

Hope everyone is feeling good this week!!

#53 N1kk1louise

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

Oh my goodness babygame! That reminds me of that meme that says here is your brain before kids and it’s an egg and here is your brain after 3 kids and it’s scrambled eggs. So glad nothing was missing! I can just imagine doing something like this myself. I have forgotten my daughters backpack for daycare once and that was before I was pregnant!

#54 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

Lol my SIL had to drop by yesterday to drop off a toy of DDs that she reminded me to not forget 3 times before I left it there. I also gave her her DDs bottle that I had had for a week because I kept forgetting to give it to her. I have also found the cheese in the freezer and the peanut butter in the fridge. Baby brain is kicking in so early haha.

I had a big spew this morning. DH was shocked, he'd left for work but had come back to brush his teeth. He walked in while I was vomitting in the kitchen sink. He was standing in shock watching me. Super gross.

I hit 8 weeks this week. The hand and foot have shown up on Ovia. So happy!

Except DD has been trying to drop day sleeps. She's not ready for it though. She is feral by dinner. But at least she's sleeping through the night again?

We're having a no tv day today. She's not really coping hahaha

#55 Tizzy

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

Discovered zofran today....lifesaver

#56 gogoface

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

I have my next OB appointment/scan on Monday - I'll be about 11+4 then and the last time I saw lil Foot-Foot was 7+4 - I just want to see that heartbeat so badly.

Not sure if I'll get the NIPT results at the same time. It will have been 6 days since test - not sure if they come that fast!
Never thought I'd be wishing away the weekend, but here we are!

Oh, on the flipside - feeling like I'm getting some energy back! 6 days til I'm 12 weeks, 19 days til end of first trimester - if our dates don't change AGAIN, which I'm kind of expecting seeing as I've had huge variation at each scan.

#57 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

Thats awesome gogoface! Envious of your energy lol

I had more light bleeding this morning. Hopefully its only a one off. My stomach dropped when I saw it.

Zofran can be a lifesaver! I had to have something at about 24 weeks last time. I couldn't  (I think it started with M) keep food down for a week and I was losing weight (being big its not overly concerning but still not great at that stage in the game). Poor DH was a wreck. He experienced a rather horrific loss at that stage with his first wife. Was not a good time.

#58 Tizzy

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

Cinnamon no good about your light bleeding hun I've had it before with dd abd its bloody scary. Yep I tried Maxalon first and it barely helped at all so decided to jump over to zofran although I've still struggled with nausea today I think 45 minutes in the car didn't do me any favors.

Gogoface yay for energy I can't wait until I can function better during the day. Doesn't help that my dd isn't sleeping that great and I've really turned off my Coffee which is a bit heartbreaking  lol.

Had my scan on Friday and bub measured 7+2 with a hb of 156 so feeling pretty good that this might be a sticky one.

#59 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

Tizzy that is fantastic that you had a positive scan! Lots of fx for you

I think the bleeding is related to stomach troubles I've been having. So yesterday I went and loaded up on hydralyte, ural and benefibre lol. I need to out more effort into eating better (been hard due to tiredness and aversions) and staying hydrated. Which for some reason is super hard for me.

#60 Tizzy

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

I know the feeling I definitely need to start drinking more water and having some metamucil as the zofran is blocking me up but my morning coffee is unblocking me but was a bit painful this morning.

#61 Nee29

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

Cinnamon, luckily one of the hospital midwives realised my gas was off and turned it back on. Not that it did much, but I needed whatever it did do ha.

Sounds like the nausea has really started to hit everyone. I'm getting better everyday which is nice. I definitely find when I'm hungry/tired it's at its worse, so I try to keep something to snack on.. generally not healthy snacks though 🙈

#62 gogoface

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

Had OB appointment today. Saw Foot-Foot flipping all over the place. Legs kicking, arms waving and then did a full somersault!

#63 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

Gogoface that is AMAZING! Yay!!!

#64 rosebebe

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:40 PM

Cinnamonutmeg I am in the same boat. I've had spotting for the last couple of days with pains in my lower abdomen. I have been so worried. I have been constipated for the last 4 or 5 days, not great.
I ended up going to ER tonight, they couldn't do an ultrasound as they had no one on call for that, how frustrating!
The doc in ER (I think he was an orthopaedic doc...) tried to get the heartbeat with the doppler but didn't find it. I hope that's because it was a doppler and not a proper US machine.
I am back in there tomorrow to for an actual ultrasound.

I hope your bleeding stops very soon x

I will try benefibre and prunes tomorrow. No nausea here but my face looks like I am 16 years old with pimples all over!

Gogoface, how wonderful to see your little one!!!

Tizzy, fantastic news, fingers crossed for you!

#65 Canberragirl1990

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

morning ladies, I was meant to have my first scan yesterday, but my OB had a delivery and has had to cancel my appointment :-(

I'm waiting for a call back to re-book hopefully for tomorrow. I desperately want to see the little heart beat and also get a script for Zofran or something to help with this nausea.

I started very light brown spotting Monday and it has continued every day. It's the tiniest bit and only really on wiping, so I'm not really concerned, but an US would help ease my mind hehe

Hope everyone is having a nice week xx

#66 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:05 AM

Rosebebe, are things getting better for you?
Canberragirl I hope you get an appt asap.

Thankfully my bleeding has stopped. Still having stomach issues. It is 100% because of my diet. Trying to eat well but I almost vomitted up my vegetables at dinner last night so thats starting. Last pregnancy I could only eat corn, cucumber and carrot. This time even carrot is getting hard to choke down.

9 weeks today. I still forget that I'm pregnant lol. Had a killer headache lasy night and had to stoo myself from reaching for the ibuprofen. Last pregnancy I was so hyper focused on the pregnancy (tho I got married at 11 weeks pregnant) and was so excited (abd with my oldest nearly 10 years ago) I sometimes feel guilty that I'm so chilled about this one.

#67 magalee

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:45 PM

View PostTizzy, on 08 June 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

Discovered zofran today....lifesaver

OMG yes!!! But beware the constipation ... at one point last weekend I was trying to weigh up what was worse - MS or constipation they were both pretty bad.

I had my NIPT yesterday and am now 10+4 weeks.  I have to wait 2 weeks for the results as I got the one testing for everything they can due to my age (over 40).

Bring on 14 weeks though .... that's when my MS starting abating with my DS.

#68 rosebebe

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:02 PM

Cinnamonnutmeg and Canberragirl: My spotting stopped yesterday. We ended up going to ER on Monday evening as my spotting was pink and I had lower abdomen pain (constipation is now pretty bad I hadn't been since Wednesday...) sorry TMI but I think that was part of the pain.

They couldn't do an US then, did blood test etc. and a doppler test which they could not find the heartbeat of my baby with. I was then very concerned. They booked me in for an US yesterday pm and baby is all good measuring 9.5 weeks as he should. They found 2 small subchorionic hemorraghes, which they did not explain. I was pretty upset and only saw that on the report when we got home.
This seems to be quite common and not an issue at all if small. So I am more relaxed now but will rest for the next few days hoping they resorbs themselves.

Bought prune juice, dried apricot etc hoping to help ;)

Canberragirl fingers crossed you get to see your bub via US soon!

Magalee: I am sure your NIPT results will be all good!

#69 PumpkinSpice

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

Hey everyone,

Dating scan today, waaaay off with our dates, so we have moved from Australia Day to now due on the 21st of Jan

Also, it’s twins!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy, scary, happy!

#70 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:41 PM

Pumpkin spice oh my god! Twins! Congrats!

We made the US technician check multiple times to be sure we only had 1 in there haha.

Thats amazing!

Rosebebe, I hope you get relief soon. If it helps I once had a housemate who had had severe constipation relating to a health condition. I made a spaghetti bolognese loaded with every vegetable I could and it helped. A lot.

#71 MapleBaconE

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Hope everyone is having a good week :-)

PumpkinSpice congrats on twins!!!

I also made our technician check there was only 1. Im a twin myself so was not so keen on having twins first go haha.

Anyone else extremely bloated? I've had 2 girls at work tell me im definitiely showing (its all bloat baby!) but im only 8 weeks tomorrow. No idea how I'm going to hide this from the higher ups for another 4 weeks!

#72 MsLaurie

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

View PostMapleBaconE, on 14 June 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

No idea how I'm going to hide this from the higher ups for another 4 weeks!

What style of clothes do you wear? Either going one size up or adding necklaces/scarves/cardigans can trick the eye enough unless someone has reason to be looking closely!

#73 MapleBaconE

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

Ooh the scarf idea may work. It gets hot in my office so we're usually in short sleeve tops but a scarf I could still get away with. Thanks!

#74 BabyGame

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

Finally did my initial bloods and got the results. From the blood results looks like I’m 6-8weeks, have dating scan booked in for next Wednesday. Blood test all came up good, except my blood sugars slightly elevated but I had GD with both pregnancies so I’m guesing I’ll most likely have GD again. Blood test also showed I had a virus and vitamin D on the low side but GP said to just get more sun. Can’t wait to see the Bub.

Pumpkin spice- wow! Twins! Must have been a shock!

#75 PumpkinSpice

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

View PostBabyGame, on 15 June 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Pumpkin spice- wow! Twins! Must have been a shock!

Yes, such a shock! We had had a MMC in feb so I was prepared this time for bad news. Or good news. But I wasn’t thinking twins!! We weren’t on any fertility meds or IVF and there aren’t twins in either of our families! Just feel really lucky and blessed! A lovely surprise ☺️

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.