Build a bear gift voucher advice

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tea4two

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

I'm looking giving a voucher for 'Build a Bear' to my 6 y.old niece for her birthday - any advice on how much is a decent amount to get? I know you can go quite overboard with the 'extras' but would $50 be enough for her to get a bear and some clothes?

#2 SecretGarden

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

I think most bears are about $50. I would think $70 would cover a bear and clothes? Or near enough.

#3 BeAwesome

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Most of the nicer bears are from around $40, it's the clothes that are really expensive!  I'd probably go $60 if you can afford it.

#4 Fossy

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

Maybe see if someone else can get her a voucher too? Another aunty/uncle/grandparent? 2 $50 vouchers will get her a nice bear and a few other bits and pieces.

#5 ~J_F~

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

I think you need at least $100 for a good build a bear and some accessories.

Like the PP maybe see if another relative needs an idea and they could get a voucher too.

#6 Tinsilitis

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:25 PM

My girls were given $50 each from Grandma for their birthday.

I think they each needed to add about $5 for a bear plus an outfit.

The cheapest bears are around $17 I think, so you can easily manage a bear with outfit for $50.

Yes, the 'special' bears are more, but you can get a simple teddy and dress it to the nines for that budget.

#7 tea4two

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

Thanks everyone!

#8 Rilee's~Mama

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:11 PM

I took DD a year or so ago and she got a $15 bear (her choice), dressing gown and slippers, shorts and tee set all from Build a Bear shop, then we went to Target and got a few onesies in the right size (yep, we tried them on the bear to make sure!).

All up we spent $50, so yes, very doable.

Edited by Rilee's~Mama, 06 June 2018 - 02:12 PM.

#9 LittleMissPink

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

Most bears are around $25-30, tops and skirts are about $5-10 each, dresses are $10-15.

I can get a dressed bear with an accessory for $50

#10 onetrick

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

I haven’t looked at it, but one of my friends posted that groupon has a $30 voucher for $15. Can get more than one but can’t use more than one at a time (she is going to use them for outfits- just buy one at a time).
Hopefully this helps someone!

#11 Soontobegran

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

I recently bought a rainbow bear for my grand daughter.
Bear plus undies, skirt, t-shirt, shoes and back pack was $130.
Very expensive.

#12 TequilaMockingbird

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

I've taken my three girls in there and each walked out with one (plainer) bear and one accessory- I spent $99 in total.

DD wants to take a friend there instead of a party this year, and I've promised they can pretty much have free reign in terms of bear choice, heart beats, scents, outfit...I'm expecting it to be just a little bit more than $99 ;)

$50 would definitely be enough for a bear and some clothes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.