Any opinion on St Joseph’s primary in West Hindmarsh?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chicken Pie

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

So with issues as they are I feel moving schools is best.

In Adelaide west what schools are good (primary) - is we think going catholic because it’s cheaper than private and get better structure (not guaranteed I know) plus it will help with high school as she was enrolled years ago for two catholic high schools so may as well get her into it now

We are not religious in any way although my husband is a non practicing catholic and my moms partner is a practicing catholic (interstate)

Thoughts?

#2 kitykat_35

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

Has always had a reasonably good reputation. If you are considering moving schools still I’d recommend doing a tour when the classes are on/lunch break so you can see the dynamics in the community & try to feel if it will be a good fit.
I wouldn’t worry about not being Catholic- if they have a spot I’m sure they would take your daughter. Aside from the big colleges in Adelaide most catholic schools only have approx 25-40% Catholic (baptised Catholic) with less than 20% of those families practicing Catholics, they will just ask that you support the Catholic dimension of the school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.