Best tights for gym that don't roll down

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Jembo

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Hi, I am struggling to find tights for the gym that I am not constantly pulling up.  As I live regional and our sports store never has my size, I have to order online and given they are not cheap, I need to get it right :).

I am a size 16 (somethings a 14), and like high waisted.  

Would also love ideas on where to find suitable tops.  I prefer something that comes down to my bum and is not tight fitting.

Google is just not providing me with answers today.  I am a novice at the gym and since joining a year  ago, wash and wear the same clothes each day - time to find something new :)

#2 SplashingRainbows

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

I love my Lorna Jane tights.

Most of EB hate Lorna Jane with a fiery passion so I’m quite possibly going to forever regret admitting it but they really are excellent.

Different tights in their range suit different shapes I think. I usually look for the ‘core’ ones with ‘nothing 2 see here’ fabric.

If in doubt order a few styles from them and post back the ones you don’t want. If you order enough your postage will be free to you so you’ll only have to pay return postage. Their returns process has always been great for me.

I have been a large dropping down to a medium now and at a salespersons insistence on the weekend I tried a small. They fit although I didn’t love the look - but needless to say they’re stretchy and forgiving. You don’t need exactly the right size. The measurements are online.

#3 BeAwesome

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

I really like Cotton On Body tights.

#4 Pooks Combusted

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

I love the Cotton on Body ones I bought like a year ago on sale, they still look new.

#5 hoohoobump

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

https://abiandjoseph...nts-shorts.html

? Might be worth a look
Sizing very similar to LJ

#6 #YKG

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

I love exoticathletica. They have the custom order option where you give them your measurements and they will make it for you. They do high waisted.  Because I’m loosing weight I only have issues with falling when they are too big, but otherwise the custom is on point.

#7 ali-song

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

Tights: the Aldi ones are surprisingly good! Not for sale all the time, but pretty frequent

Tops: these Target ones are great (I’m wearing one now!) and are only 8 bucks: https://www.target.c...e-tank/60889041

#8 LozS

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:32 PM

Active Truth high waisted tights all the way!

#9 TheGreenSheep

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

I’m very happy with my Lorna Jane ones. Lasted and lasted and lasted, can’t fault the quality of my 5 pairs I’ve had for 4+ years. I like the high waisted core ones that sit over my hips and don’t squeeze my muffin top out over the tops of them.

#10 Grrrumbles

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:37 PM

I don’t hate Lorna Jane - I have no opinion on them because they don’t stock my size ...

The “expensive” KMart ones with lots of panels as opposed to the plain ones are great and come in a good size range. The Tshirts can be good too but need to try on as they vary quite a bit.

Some people are fans of the Michelle Bridges at Big W but I didn’t find them flattering at all.

What size do the Cotton On ones go up to?

#11 baking101

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

Aldi fitness gear is on sale this week. I LOVE their tights. I’ve had most of the main brands before but nothing is as good for me.

#12 DontPokeTheBearMum

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

I have always worn Running Bare Runway ready tights. They are high waisted and stay put! They are a bit on the pricey side, but I've worn mine for 18 months plus and they still look great.

#13 zenkitty

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

Active Truth - I have had two pairs for 18months and they have never ever rolled down. Bonus that they have large enough sizing to accommodate my size 18-20 bum and thighs!

They are expensive but I am so glad I finally bit the bullet and decided to spend big to get something I am actually comfortable in and don’t have to think about rolling or the crotch creeping towards my knees. They’re still in really good condition and have pockets for my phone and keys. Love them.

#14 HamsterPower

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:23 PM

Abi & Joseph for sure. I wear them running and gym. LOVE the phone pockets too- so handy when running.
I refuse to buy Lorna Jane on principle but friends with both now swear by Abi & Joseph. I wear them daily and they still look new.
They are currently on sale and their service is fabulous - especially if you need to swap sizes etc.

#15 Crazyhouseholdof6

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Rock wear!! They gave a big sale atm too. I’m the same size as you and take a 14 in these ones and love, love my high waisted ones. I was sceptical but I’m converted now.

#16 paddington_

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:52 PM

Cotton on body 100%

#17 livvie7586

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

View PostGrrrumbles, on 11 June 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

I don’t hate Lorna Jane - I have no opinion on them because they don’t stock my size ...

The “expensive” KMart ones with lots of panels as opposed to the plain ones are great and come in a good size range. The Tshirts can be good too but need to try on as they vary quite a bit.

Some people are fans of the Michelle Bridges at Big W but I didn’t find them flattering at all.

What size do the Cotton On ones go up to?

Cotton on is pretty much all i wear, and I'm in mine 4 nights a week at least.

They go to an xl, maybe an xxl.  I've found xl is roughly a 16, L roughly a 14 (I've just gone to an m, and my size 14 jeans are too big, so I'm assuming the m is around a 12).

$20-30 for a pair, and i find them super comfortable

#18 Grrrumbles

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

Just checked the website livvie and some of the range goes up to 3XL so will try the tights next time I am near a store. Thanks.

So hard to pick the stores that cater for size 16-18, gym clothes are something you really want the right fit on.

#19 harryhoo

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

I love Lorna Jane. Had some for 7 years before their shape started to go. I've heard good things about Cotton On too.

#20 Charlies Angel

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

Nike. Last for years.

#21 SeaPrincess

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

I like the Lorna Jane ones, and I’ve had no issues returning online orders that haven’t fitted.

#22 Mands09

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

Can anyone recommend undies that won't give VPL with tights?

Sorry to go off track OP I'm after new tights too but need some better undies

Edited by Mands09, 11 June 2018 - 10:05 PM.

#23 Jembo

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for all the help, lots of options to look into.

#24 born.a.girl

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostMands09, on 11 June 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

Can anyone recommend undies that won't give VPL with tights?

Sorry to go off track OP I'm after new tights too but need some better undies

Jockey Parisienne.   Wouldn’t wear anything else now. They have several different styles.  Given my daughter nicks the lower cut ones, I now mostly wear the full brief ones, which don’t come up higher than gym tights.  I do have to wear lower cut ones under one pair of jeans which are low cut.

#25 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:24 PM

Sadly, I went against my attempt at being all righteous, and bought Lorna Jane tights, and I love them!  That said, the first pair I ever bought were awful and were so low in the back that I more than once stopped mid-run and turned them around, thinking I must have had them on backward. But the two pairs that I now own are fantastic.

I agree that you cannot beat Jockey Parisienne underwear for ANY purpose. I love the boy legs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.