Vent to avoid Facebook argument with stranger

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 doubledelight

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

My response would have been two words with the first one beginning with F

I have 4 children including a set of twins and all 4 of my children are different and need to be parented differently ut having twins is a different experience in parenting again.

You can't argue with stupid

#27 newmumandexcited

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

View PostSuperMombie3, on 13 June 2018 - 06:26 AM, said:

I had a lady with her first tell me off for not watching 2 year DS1 closer while I was breastfeeding 9 week old DS2.  I also had 4 year old DD there.  She had one kid, she goes "I know having 3 kids is hard but...."  and apparently I was a bad mum because DS1 (just 2) pushed her kid over while I was breastfeeding.  Never mind that I got up straight away and took DS1 out of the playground, I should have been shadowing my kid.  Wouldn't have bothered me much normally but I had PNA and just wanted to sob, some people have NFI.  And she came back and had another go at me because I didn't leave the cafe entirely but took the kids to the other area, I forced her and her friend to leave and I should have left, eyeroll.  Even if Id wanted to I couldn't have put refluxy just fed DS2 in the car he'd have vomited all the way home.  I can't stand santimommies.  Words can really hurt people especially if you're struggling.

Eta:  my friend had 2 older kids and newborn twins.  I've never had twins or 4 kids, there's no way I'd ever think my situation was comparable to hers or that I knew better than her how to bring up twins.  If you haven't actually been there you shouldn't pretend you can know what its like or how to parent someone elses kids.

I would have absolutely blasted her. I have become fearless in the face of these type of women - they crumble pretty quickly when called out on their own judgemental behaviour.

#28 newmumandexcited

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

View PostSuperMombie3, on 13 June 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

I wish I could have, but 9 weeks of no sleep with reflux bub and bad Postpartum Anxiety, it was all I could do not to fall apart publically.

You know, it’s not really until the last two months where I have started channeling my rage that I could do it - so I totally understand just standing there thinking wtf and wishing I could speak!!

#29 mpoppins92

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:44 AM

I’m a nanny.

I know about: being a nanny.

I know nothing about: being a parent.
Not the same. Not remotely the same. Parents don’t knock off at 6 😂

#30 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:09 AM

View PostFuzzyChocolateToes, on 12 June 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Lol. A colleague of mine,  parent of two teens, always said that raising boys was like owning a dog- you needed to get them out for a run twice a day.

Should we be getting them desexed too? Might calm them down a bit.

#31 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

I don’t have twins, but my sister does so clearly I’m qualified

#32 Nobodyelse

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:46 PM

View PostHypnic Jerk, on 14 June 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

I don’t have twins, but my sister does so clearly I’m qualified

I don't have twins but I once had two pots on the stove at once so I'm also a qualified expert.

#33 PeninsulaGirl

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:50 PM

I hear you. I had a colleague today tell me that her having two kids 18 months apart was like having twins.... i could feel the steam bubbling in my veins... when I told her I’d had three kids under two her first response was to tell me I was wrong as it wasn’t possible (this was after I’d already told her I had twins so there’s possibly not a lot going on up stairs...), and then insist that having two kids eighteen months apart was still harder... I had a big out loud laugh at her and walked away... eejit

#34 Expelliarmus

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

I taught a set of twins two years ago.

Totes qualified. :rofl:

(I'd have the argument too, OP - stuff her)

#35 MissMilla

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

Mine are also 18months apart, any twin mums need some clever tips?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.