Due in March 2019 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#51 Possum80

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

View Postmissy32, on 10 July 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Possum80, that’s a great idea. We could try to book ob on my 8th week and have her perform a dating scan. Do we have to pay her separately for that scan? Or is that already included in the Ob’s consultation fee?

I'm not sure Missy32 but it's an interesting question as scans are usually included as part of the OB fee. With my first pregnancy I got a scan at each appointment (apart from the 12, 19 and 32? week detailed scans). Worth asking the question and that might save you having to pay for it elsewhere.

#52 Beanette

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

View PostLayla25, on 08 July 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Hi ladies,

I started bleeding yesterday at 4.5 weeks. I hope that the next 8-9 months are smooth and uneventful for you all ❤️

I'm so sorry Layla, be kind to yourself xxx

View Postmissy32, on 10 July 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Hi all, joining this thread! I got a BFP last Thursday. This is my first pregnancy so I have lots of questions on my head. The GP had my bloodtest done last Saturday at 4.5 weeks and hcg is showing 481. As per the doctor’s reference that number is for 2 weeks? Any inputs on this? And when is the usual first visit to the Ob? We decided to take the private route but do not know when/where to start? Im pretty new here in Australia so I do not have much idea on the pregnancy process here. I hope someone could help me.

Thank you and wish us all a smooth and healthy 9 months!! Posted Image

Hi Missy!
I am going to the OB at 9 weeks for a dating scan, my doctor likes to do them between 8 and 10 weeks but some do it earlier.
All scans that are done in the OB's rooms are covered by my management fee, it's only the 12 week and 20 week scans which are done at an imaging centre that I had to pay for separately.

I will be 7 weeks on Friday, feels like time is going so slowly. I had a tiny bit of pink spotting after DH and I had sex on the weekend, sent me into a huge panic but I think it was just from my cervix being prodded because there hasn't been anything since.
Looking forward to my scan in two weeks to see the little bean!

#53 Blue Bean

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:41 PM

Thankyou LTD - Dr says first ultrasound will be at 10 weeks. He says I'm 2 weeks, but he's talking 14 dpo, that makes me 4 weeks thought, right?

Welcome miss manda and possum! Have a few possums here, funny as I almost used that user name too!

Possum88 - I would love to consider a home birth, however I've got a strong pull for a water birth. Being a bigger girl, I have a feeling I wont get this as an option :( I'm not sure my local hospital offers this? From what I've read it doesn't, but I'll ask when we go for our tour.

KareneKat - I'm guessing my due date is March 16th too! I'll confirm this once I've had a dating scan, but yay a date buddy! And Drat as well!

Missy32 - at 4w2d (my calc) my hcg was 270. I was stressing as 6 days prior it was only 12! From my extensive googling, it seems to be very different woman to woman. I can see why your Dr may see you as 2w (4w from your last period) as the median for 2w post ovulation is 141, and 3w is 1398. My Dr wasn't happy til I was over the median.

My hcg came back as 270 - so that's a huge jump from 12 from 6 days prior! Dr says he would still like another blood test to really 'cement it in', so I have another one in 2 weeks. But says "I'm pretty sure you're pregnant". Yeah, me too mate. Sore boobs, and about 9 pee tests that are all positive.. didn't realize I had to be tested so much?

First ultrasound will be at 10 weeks - although he says I'm only 2 weeks (post conception), I hope he doesn't mean 10 weeks post O? that would stick me at 12 weeks.. and I'm wayyyy too impatient to wait that long. :huh:

#54 KareneKat

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

KareneKat - I'm guessing my due date is March 16th too! I'll confirm this once I've had a dating scan, but yay a date buddy! And Drat as well!

Woohoo - a dating buddy - my 45th birthday will be the 18th so you never know!!!!!!! Yikes, I'm so excited.

#55 Cassiedee

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:59 PM

Hi, I got a BFP today. Due on the 20th of March. This will be our 7th child. I'm a bit older at 38. I will be 39 when our baby is born. Is anyone getting a NIPT test done such as Harmony or Panorama? I know they're $500. But I am thinking of getting the test. I just need to convince my husband.

Edited by Cassiedee, 11 July 2018 - 11:59 PM.

#56 Living_The_Dream

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

That’s no good about the bad experience missy. I would assume private OB from the beginning. I do the 12 & 20 week scan with an imaging centre as well, so pay for that seperately. Dating scan I will do here between 8-10 weeks same as beanette.

Glad to hear your hcg numbers are good jessekah. Most important thing you can do for your baby is look after yourself.

Congrats and welcome drat. Have you got family or care options for your toddler if you get sick again? Hope it doesn’t happen this time.

Blue bean that sounds like the 12 week. Some doctors don’t see the point in the dating scan if your dates are solid and often it is just for peace of mind doing anything before then. Yes he means 4 weeks. I would say that’s why he wants to do another blood test because that will tell him without the scan?

First trimester I usually have my first appointment after 6 weeks, it’s a long appointment, we chat and organise everything from now till 13 weeks. Normal bloods done that day, book dating scan, script for bloods at 10 weeks for downs etc, and referral for 12 week scan. He has a scanner in the room which he usually has a quick look to see baby too.

Welcome Cassiedee. I want to get the NIPT done too, but will see what doctor says next week.

#57 Possum80

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostCassiedee, on 11 July 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

Hi, I got a BFP today. Due on the 20th of March. This will be our 7th child. I'm a bit older at 38. I will be 39 when our baby is born. Is anyone getting a NIPT test done such as Harmony or Panorama? I know they're $500. But I am thinking of getting the test. I just need to convince my husband.

Hi Cassiedee, congratulations! I’ll be getting one of those tests done as I did with my first pregnancy. I was under 35 then though and back then it was always recommend if over 35. I’m 37 now and will be 38 when baby is born

#58 KareneKat

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

View PostCassiedee, on 11 July 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

Congratulations!!!!! As I am 44 and my husband already has a DS child, I will be getting the test.

#59 jessekah83

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:59 PM

Welcome Drat! I hope your sickness is less severe this time around and you don’t need to be bed bound.

Beanette have you had any more bleeding after sexy times?

Bluebean, you can have a water birth if the hospital and midwives are happy to support you. The main issue is if you were pass out getting you out may be a bit harder is a bigger woman. I know that is the main concern, so have a chat to the hospital.

Welcome Cassiedee, 7th child, what a Wonder Woman! Go you! I plan to get the NIPT/Harmony test done as I am 35 and last year had a 12 week miscarriage so would like to make sure there isn’t any genetic abnormalities.

Living the dream is your OB private? I don’t have private health insurance but a big part of me would like the support of an OB. That being said, my GP is so thorough so hopefully she will be a good close support. 15 minute appointments have turned into 1 hour long appointments! Thanks for your well wishes too.

In response to the general thread, I am due 4th March or something around then. I had bloods done last Thursday and I was 7604 so my GP thinks I could even be further along than we thought (maybe 7 weeks?). I had one really bad bout of nausea and took maxalon. It didn’t click that it was actually making me worse, I couldn’t drive or see properly and felt really foggy headed. Almost 24 hours off the maxalon and I feel better. A little nauseas but not worth trying the maxalon again. Something to keep in mind if you feel foggy after maxalon!

I am feeling a bit anxious this pregnancy as I had a MC at 12 weeks in April 2017 and ended up hospital on IV antibiotics with an infection. For this reason, I am delaying scans etc as long as possible as silly part of me thinks maybe I caught something from having an internal scan. I will go for a dating one around 8-9 weeks and then have the Harmony test and go from there.

Who is finding out the sex? Who will be keeping it a surprise?

#60 Lady.Bug

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

Hi Ladies!

Got a positive with a HPT a few days ago! Got a blood test done from the doctor to double check.

I'm 31 and this is my first pregnancy via IVF. My estimated due date is currently 23rd of March!!

First scan is scheduled for a few weeks from now. Very excited!

#61 Jocarlew

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Hi Cassiedee I did the NIPT test with my DS i was 39 at the time. I'm planning on doing it again with this pregnancy as I'm almost 42. It gave me peace of mind and you can do it as early as 9 or 10 weeks I think.

It's so great to see so much activity in this group. Congratulations to everyone!! So exciting :)

#62 Biologynerd

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

Hi all,

I’ve been stalking for about a fortnight after getting my BFP, been petrified it won’t stick since I’ve had 2 chemical pregs and a miscarriage during 10 months of trying 😩.

Anyway, I’ll be six weeks on Sunday, been feeling very nauseous and exhausted so am feeling a bit more confident that this is the real thing, and thought I’d dip my toe in.

Currently looking like a due date of March 10.

I’ll be getting a dating scan ASAP for reassurance more than anything else, will feel so much better for having seen a heartbeat on screen!

This will be bub no.2 for us if all goes well, we have a little boy who has just turned 3.

We went birth centre in a public hospital with a doula last time and they were great but in the end everything went a bit pear shaped and I had a pretty traumatic birth. Ended up with pelvic floor damage and prolapse, so am thinking we will go private ob and have picked one who specializes in pelvic floor dysfunction as well (so two birds, one stone). Have been saving our pennies for the ob since we started ttc!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

#63 First-time-mumma

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

Hi everyone. Congrats on your BFPS. This is my 2nd baby but 3rd pregnancy I had a misscarriage at 11 weeks in November so feeling nervous but still excited.

How is everyone going? Also is there a face book group being made?
Thanks

#64 THESMD

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

Welcome And congratulations to all the new ladies to the group, I look forward to sharing the next 8 months with you all.

Im currently 5+2 wks and not feeling much by the way of symptoms which is making me a little nervous, but in saying that my last pregnancy I had zero symptoms for the entire pregnancy, except the big belly!  I see my GP on Monday and will make sure she does bloods and refers me for a dating scan.

I had the Genesyte test with my DS but Genea doesn’t seem to be doing it anymore. Does anyone know what’s going on there? So I guess I’ll just go with whatever the doctor suggests. I’ll be 40 next month so I definitely need the test, as well as the 12 wk scan.

I’m planning on going through GP shared care again, however I had an emergency cesarean with my son so will be taking the option of a cesarean birth this time around, not sure if the hospital will allow shared care under that circumstance?

Edited by Sandra, 22 July 2018 - 10:21 AM.

#65 catmeow

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:20 AM

Hi everyone joining after a very strong BFP on Sunday at 10 dpo. 4 weeks today. All going well this will be number 2 and due 22 March. Booked into my GP next week for bloods and to get a referral for a dating scan.
Wishing everyone healthy and uneventful pregnancies

#66 jessekah83

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:34 AM

Welcome to all of the new pregnant mamas. Very happy for you.

I will join the fb group a bit down the track. was hard seeing everyone celebrating while I was down. I know that's a bit selfish but I'd like to wait a little bit, till at least my harmony test.
How is everyone's morning sickness?

Edited by Sandra, 22 July 2018 - 10:21 AM.

#67 3babygirls

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:49 AM

I'm really sorry Jessekah, fingers crossed that this bub sticks.

I haven't had any sickness *yet* but i'm petrified that I will again. I had hyperemesis gravidarum last time and it was honestly the worst months of my life, I honestly thought i'd die. It will be worse this time because I have an almost 2 year old and i'll be starting full time work in two weeks. :(

Trying not to think about it though.

Is everyone getting a dating scan? I didn't have one with my first but since this is more than likely our last baby i'm thinking about getting one...

I'm also ridiculously happy and just want to tell everyone, but it's just too soon!

#68 BabyJones

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm 33 years old and found out I was pregnant last Wednesday. I haven't had a dating scan yet but think I'm due around the 19th of March. This is our first pregnancy. Booked in to see the dr on Monday.

I'm really nervous something is going to go wrong. Wish I could relax. But I'm super excited, all I've ever wanted was to be  a Mum :)

xx

Edited by BabyJones, 13 July 2018 - 09:39 AM.

#69 theevilcarot

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

Hi Everyone,

I got my bfp this morning after sticking my head in the sand for the last week. Hubby and I are excited about this surprise edd 13/3/19- bit in problem solving mode but can’t stop grinning. We have already given away all our baby stuff. Assuming all goes well this will be my fifth baby, and sixth pregnancy (early loss of #4). I’ve had one regular hospital birth, two water births, and one surprise homebirth. My oldest will be 9.5 when this one is due.

Edited by Sandra, 22 July 2018 - 10:22 AM.

#70 Makesus4

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:17 AM

Congratulations to all the expecting mummas, how exciting! So we had a very strong positive test this Monday, it came up so quick and dark, even before the control line had come up 😬. This is our second pregnancy, our daughter just turned 3 in April!
I will see the gp next week to sort out bloods and a dating scan, just want to make sure we only have one inside as we have many many sets of twins in our family.
I’m predicting we are due around 11th March.
I haven’t had any morning sickness yet, but I am always so tired 😴.

#71 Blue Bean

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

How early can you get the dating scan? I'm so nervous and really just want to see the little bean. I am trying to keep calm and not get my hopes up until I've seen it for myself. Sore boobs, reduced appetite and feeling a bit blah are my only symptoms. I'm 5w tomorrow. Oh and cramping  -  my googling says this is normal?

#72 catmeow

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

Blue bean I had a scan with my DS at 5 weeks 4 days and it was too early to see anything. I knew it would be but we were going overseas for 6 weeks. It was a bit stressful being away and wondering if everything was going ok in there.
I think 8 weeks is the norm as you are most likely to see a heartbeat etc even if your dates are a little off ( though it's possible from 6 weeks)
This time I'm going to do it at 7 weeks as hubby is on leave and really wants to tell his brother in person who will be visiting that week, otherwise I would of waited another week just to be sure.
I totally get your nerves, the waiting for the first scan is hard, the time goes so slowly, but going too early will cause stress too.

#73 Possum80

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

My HCG is now 500 so has tripled in 3 days... within range which is good but not overly high I don’t think. On the day of the test I was likely around 4w 3d. Having it tested again next Thurs. I’m feeling ok, just recovering from a cold and have had daily headaches.

Edited by Possum80, 13 July 2018 - 03:41 PM.

#74 THESMD

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:22 PM

Welcome all the new expectant mummy’s!

I had my dating scan with my son at just past 6wks and saw a heartbeat. I think I’ll wait until I’m 7weeks this time, just to be sure.

Did another hpt this morning to see if the weeks would rise, and they have, it now says 3+ weeks. Yay! That must mean something is happening.  Monday and my doctors appointments cant come quick enough!

Edited by THESMD, 13 July 2018 - 05:25 PM.

#75 jessekah83

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

Vomits are well and truly here, hoorah! I hope everyone else is coasting alone fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.