10 month old’s schedule

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Daffy2016

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

Hi all

What does your 10 month old’s day look like? DD was previously an excellent sleeper but has deteriorated over the last few months and now wakes around midnight and again at about 3. I’m wondering if we can tweak her schedule to get some better sleep.

At the moment, she wakes around 6:30 or 7, has a bottle then solids at about 8. I’m not sure about most of the day as she’s home with DH but usually has two short sleeps (about 45 mins) plus solids at lunch and another two bottles.

I feed her dinner around 5:30 and then she goes down to sleep after a bottle at 7.

Any thoughts?

#2 AllyK81

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

The day sleeps are short. Will she transition to one longer nap?

Is she feeding when she waked overnight or just needing resettling.

As for night waking, my DS slept through at 6 months BUT my DD was still waking for a feed 3-4 times a night until she was 11 months old so 2 wake ups doesn't sound so bad!

Have you tried a dream feed? That should cut out a night feed.

#3 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

2 night wake ups at 10mo is pretty normal. 45 min naps, while not ideal, is also pretty normal. She might be pretty tired by 7 though, you could try an earlier bedtime. I wouldn't move to one nap at 10mo.

#4 Daffy2016

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

Thanks AllyK81. She’s never been a Napper, but did sleep through from about 4 months to 6 months. It was lovely while it lasted!

She does need a bottle at the midnight wake up, which is relatively new. She’ll settle after the 3am wake up but can take up to an hour to do so.

I did think one long nap might be a better option.

#5 Daffy2016

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

22fmp, it’s frustrating because she used to sleep so well! I think the number of colds she’s had also don’t help, but I guess I’m just desperate to know it will end...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.