Non-weetbix breakfast ideas

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kattikat

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:20 PM

As the title suggests: what do you feed your 11 month old for breakfast? DS was happy eating Weetbix every day at this age, but DD won't have a bar of it. I don't really want to cook anything if I can avoid it as she eats such a minimal amount (or don't want to cook up a batch of porridge for her to have 2 spoons). Thanks!

#2 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

Toasted fingers buttered or with Vegemite

#3 itsallnew

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:28 PM

Egg cooked in the microwave - just scramble, 40 seconds or so and cut into fingers

Bircher muesli or overnight oats

You could do quick oats in the microwave if porridge is too much

Make a batch of zucchini slice and freeze, then fingers for breakfast

Baked beans

#4 More cheese Gromit

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

I do porridge using quick oats in the microwave so you could do just a couple of spoonfuls so you aren’t wasting anything

Otherwise toast

We sometimes have crustless quiche that I make ahead of time and reheat

#5 RochelleRochelle

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

Also quick oats. You can add lots of different pieces of fruit or stir in some fruit purée for variety.

#6 Sui-yat

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

I used to give my baby Bellamy’s apple and cinnamon porridge at that age. You mix it up with a little bit of milk and put it in the microwave.

#7 aluminium

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Banana
rice cereal with fruit mixed through it
cold boiled egg cut up
instant porridge (sachets)
toast fingers
Rafferty's pouches

#8 Moukmouk

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Cheerios. Good for finger food practice and chewing. Vegetmite toast. DS loved a ham and chees toastie. Porridge - you can make a small amount of instant oats.

#9 marple

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

Fruit and yoghurt.

#10 LouLou86

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

At that age my little one also enjoyed baked beans (can buy low sodium) in addition to the suggestions above.
Could also try a nice thick smoothie with oats, LSA etc to jelp bulk it up? I know you mentioned she doesnt eat much but it's easy to prepare!

#11 bluesilk

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

Weetbox was a fave for us too, but also instant porridge (Bellamys or Farex) with fruit puree or mashed banana. Fruit puree and yoghurt with cinnamon too.

#12 Holly298

I alternated between 3 breakfasts at that age - toast with avo or almond butter, oats with banana or strawberries or egg pancake (literally beat 2 eggs, add chopped tomato, herbs and cheese and pan fry in mini frypan for 1 min each side

#13 alfoil hat

You can freeze porridge in an ice cube container for teeny weeny portions and defrost in the microwave when needed

#14 Pooks Combusted

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:34 PM

Instant porridge is great. Boiled egg from the fridge. Yoghurt.

#15 Hands Up

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:07 PM

Quick oats

Banana

Toast fingers

Apple (chunked and thrown into simmering water for two mins to soften up).

#16 rosie28

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:38 PM

We’ve been doing overnight oats recently, but warming them up, too cold for a chilled breakfast!

#17 alchetta

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:39 PM

Porridge in microwave, any quantity, just cover with water in a bowl and microwave one to two min watching it doesn't overflow. Mix with banana, frozen blueberries or other berries and milk.
Greek yoghurt with LSA and banana or other fruit.
Make mini apple banana carrot muffins and keep in freezer to microwave at breakfast time.

#18 Kattikat

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:45 PM

Thanks everyone. We did porridge this morning which resulted in an outfit change and judging by the state of her clothes not much went in her mouth... Will try something else from all your replies tomorrow!

#19 Jenflea

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

I'd give her a few more tries on porridge before you try something else too. Food can take a few goes for little ones to get a liking for.

My DD took ages to get into breakfast, even now at 8 she'd prefer some fruit or a tiny handful of cereal. She's just not hungry first thing.
She did like cottage cheese with fruit puree mixed in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.