Artwork - any hope?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Daffy2016

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

DD is nearly 11 months and I’d love to get her first drawing to give to my DH for Father’s Day. If I get some of those chunky crayons and some paper, do you think there’s any hope of some scribbles?

I’m tossing up between her eating the crayons or the paper...

#2 MakesMeHappy

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

I would go with first painting. Lay some cardboard outside, undress her and dip her hands/feet/probably whole body in some paints and let her make a masterpiece

#3 seayork2002

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

If it was my son I would have left a heap of paint outside (water based) a large piece of paper and said 'now this is mummy's don't touch it, you are not to do a painting'

I would have got a masterpiece.

Reverse psychology is not working as much now he is nearing high school. But yes if you child is willing a great idea!

#4 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:00 PM

Yes, whole body painting is the way to go. I remember the photos of DD when they did it in the babies room at daycare, so funny. Get someone around to help and take photos.

#5 Daffy2016

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:02 PM

I thought about paint but she’s a huge fan of putting her hands in her mouth, so I wasn’t sure how that would go!

I’m also in Canberra so I’ll have to hope the weather warms up before September...

#6 EmmDasher

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:02 PM

Leave a sheet of paper and a biro on your couch and you're guaranteed some scribble, I promise :doh:

#7 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

Daffy - she is at daycare isn’t she? Ask/suggest that they do some art - outsource the mess!

#8 Daffy2016

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

View Post22Fruitmincepies, on 27 July 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Daffy - she is at daycare isn’t she? Ask/suggest that they do some art - outsource the mess!

Excellent idea 22FMP! That’s what daycare is for, right?

#9 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostDaffy2016, on 27 July 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Excellent idea 22FMP! That’s what daycare is for, right?

Absolutely!

#10 Wango

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

I’d be surprised if daycare didn’t plan something.   Last year we got two handprints (DS was 10months at the time) with the caption “best dad - hands down” pretty cute!

#11 eigne

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:28 PM

You need a large ziplock bag with some paint squirted on paper inside. Then they squish the paint around through the plastic and there is no mess!

#12 Wolf87

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:51 PM

Every Father’s Day I do a foot mold. Just flour and salt, you can google the recipe. She’s now 3 and we have three cool footprints hung on her wall. I paint them really badly but it’s nice to have.

#13 newmumandexcited

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:03 AM

You could do handprints and footprints?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.