Ready Set Go Girls #278

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#101 FingersCrossed123

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

Hi everyone,

Ck - I think it was you who welcomed me to the ivf rollercoaster...

The lab called today and there are 4 embryos still developing! All 3 of the good ones and one of the maybes from day one.

They will call tomorrow with a time for a transfer on Wednesday.

So lots of fingers crossed that one makes it to day 5!

#102 Joany

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

Aardvark - I'm so sorry.  I'm hoping that it was a late implanter and maybe too early to show on POAS.

Fingers crossed - that's amazing news!!  And yes it is a roller coaster.  Keep growing little embryo's.

#103 ckmelb

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Oh fingers crossed that's great news! Not long to wait now

AFM I had a scan this morning and I apparently have 2 cysts (1xfunctional, 1xhemorrahgic) but also a few growing follies. Dr wants me to have a more detailed scan at the ultrasound centre on Wed to diagnose but he still thinks the others are progressing. So who knows? Definitely a rollercoaster

#104 Joany

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:26 PM

Oh CK - you don't need anymore time on the roller coaster...I know cysts are relatively common, I have one since my last cycle.  I hope everything goes well on Wednesday for you.

#105 MrsP2014

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

ck- oh gosh thats the last thing you need,

Aardvark- im so sorry. its sh*t none of us should be here, I've got some questions for any higher being when i Die thats for sure.

Fx- that sounds like great numbers, so hard not to stress when you see people getting massive numbers but this game really is quality over quantity.

afm- scan this morning showed not much on the right and a 20mm Follie on the left, triggered with Ovidrell and picked up some other meds from the pharmacy. they advised me today we are stepping up meds an monitoring so will have 3 pessaries a day, prednisolone twice a day and clexane. will also have monitoring of my progesterone on transfer day and 7 days post transfer.

anyone have any idea how to do a progesterone pessary at work? im a nurse and work half between theatre and ED.... i also have a stint visiting another hospital for 3 days to navigate.

hopefully this is our month and it will all be worth it. baby dust to all

#106 FingersCrossed123

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:24 PM

Hi MrsP2014 - do you have a locker? Could you keep it in your wallet and take it to the disabled bathroom on your lunch break or bathroom break? That is if it's kept a room temp?

That's all my ideas 😊

#107 Joany

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:40 AM

MrsP - I’ve never had to take progesterone pesseries before, do you have to lie down for 30 mins after those? If so, that’s hard for you when working.

CK - thinking of you this morning. Hope your scan goes well.

Fingers crossed - hoping that those embryos are still growing strong and you’ll be transferring a lovely 5 day blast today.

Hope everyone else is well.

#108 FingersCrossed123

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

Transferred a good looking 5 day blast today :):)

The other 3 are still going but the lab is not sure if they are suitable for freezing. They will check again tomorrow and then decide.

I am so emotional at the moment... I wonder what my FS must think. I bawled it after the collection and again today after I saw the embryo in my uterus on the screen!

#109 Jelly11

Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:44 PM

I'm sure the FS is used to seeing people emotional! This is a pretty emotional journey. I hope some of your maybes can be frozen but mostly everything is crossed for your transfer to be a successful, healthy, sticky one!

#110 FingersCrossed123

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

Thanks so much Jelly :):)

#111 ckmelb

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

Fingers crossed it's definitely an emotional time. You wouldn't have been the first nor the last probably even on that day. Wishing you all the best for the 2WW

Thanks for all the kind words, the extra ultrasound went well today. The cysts don't look nasty at this stage. And also apparently my uterus looks lovely (the dr's words) so continuing stims and back for rescan Friday. My bloods indicated I have been taking the synarel properly so yay. I finally got he hang of it after a week

#112 FingersCrossed123

Posted 22 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

Yay for a lovely uterus Ck!

#113 FingersCrossed123

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:57 AM

Got the news this morning the other 3 embryos all stopped growing so nothing frozen.

I am trying to remind myself that one of the main reasons we did IVF was to get some information about what the problem is. So if we have to go again we can make a new plan with the FS and hopefully get better results.

I can't put all my hope on one fresh transfer...It's too much pressure on one little embryo. I was really hoping for just one back up frostie. What a frickin rollercoaster.

#114 maufie85

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:11 PM

Hello everyone, so sorry I’ve been out of touch, life and work has been insane. sending love to all. I’ll reply with proper personals soon- just want to say I’m here to support you all in spirit. Fingerscrossed- I know exactly how you feel, and so hope you get your bfp with the embie on board. But don’t despair- we can hope get there eventually no matter what. Sending hope!! Xx

#115 Joany

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

Fingers crossed - so happy you have a lovely 5 day blast on board.  Sorry to hear your others didn't make it to freeze, I know what you mean about having a back up. Sending lots of sticky vibes to you.

CK - relieved to hear everything is ok and cheers to you for having a lovely looking uterus.

Maufie - lovely to hear from you.  Hope you're getting excited for your holiday, you must head off soon?!

AFM - nothing much to report.  We tried naturally this month so who knows.  Heading away to the Sunshine Coast on Sunday so I'm quite excited to get away and enjoy the hot weather.

#116 maufie85

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Joany! Enjoy your sunny break! Indeed we leave next week for our trip so looking forward to that. Xo

#117 FingersCrossed123

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:33 PM

Hey maufie nice to hear from you! Hope you have a great time on your trip and thanks for the good wishes :)

Joany- thank you - got to appreciate having this one on board. I'm jealous you'll be getting some warmth in Qld!! Have a great time.

AFM - trying to get settled in to this 2ww, well technically 11 day wait. It's difficult after weeks of injections, tests, scans, appointments and phone calls to just have nothing for 11 days. I feel a bit like I have surfaced from some kind of IVF hiding place and starting to feel more like myself again, except with added progesterone lol.

Hope everyone is doing ok and thanks for supporting me a lot over the last few days when I really needed it.

#118 ckmelb

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

Enjoy your holiday maufie - hope you have a great time

Joany - enjoy your sunny getaway too! I think I need some Sun also

Fingers crossed fair enough, perhaps just enjoy a lovely sleep in. I always hate the early mornings with IVF

AFM - cycle over. I asked thr dr if I get some sort of "most cancelled this year award". I started bleeding yesterday - lots. My lining has shrunk. The hemorrhagic cyst looks like it's gone so that has probably made my estrogen level drop. The other cyst is still there so I will trigger to try and get rid of it. Taking the next month off and will take a sunny holiday. Unsure when I will start again because it's unclear if I will have a period in a couple of weeks given how thin my lining is now 2.5mm) so it might end up being 2 months

Have a lovely weekend

#119 FingersCrossed123

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:56 AM

oh no ck ! such a shame when everything was looking good. a summer holiday sounds nice. Look after yourself over the next few days. xxxx

#120 maufie85

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:22 AM

So sorry to hear that Ck- you definitely deserve many awards for endurance and strength. I so hope you have some better luck later this year. Xox

#121 MsHopeful18

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

So sorry to hear that CK, I really hope some time off will help your body cope better with the injections. You definitely deserve a holiday after all those cancelled cycles.

Congratulations on being PUPO Fingers Crossed. I know how upsetting it is to not get any frosties but I was told they have to be super strong to make it to freeze and only 30% of people get there. Hopefully you won't need another cycle but if you do, they will have a better idea of how your body responds etc.

Have a great time away Joany and maufie!

I am in the process of booking a last minute trip myself before IVF #4 in mid-October. Let's hope this group gets some much needed good news soon! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

#122 Joany

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:40 PM

CK - I’m so sorry. I can’t believe this cycle has been hijacked by a cyst! I second what Maufie said in relation to your endurance and strength. Enjoy some sunshine and time off the TTC roller coaster.

#123 MrsP2014

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

fingerscrossed-congrats on being PUPO, hopefully this one is the one for you.

joany- the pessaries yes, the crinone not so much as its a gel. the lying down gives you time to absorb it and not have it all run out.

ckmelb- im sorry, enjoy your holiday in the sunshine.

afm- cd 20 and 3DPO. booked for embryo transfer on monday so just waiting for that really. i have extra bloods on monday to check my progesterone level and work out if we need more. had my first of 3 pregnyl 1500u shots today and will have another tuesday and saturday, along with progesterone 3 times a day and prednisolone twice a day, i'll start clexane on monday too.... surely something has to work with all this onboard.

trying to be positive and hopeful but i swear if one more friend tells me they are pregnant ill explode!

time for some BFP's in this room

#124 Joany

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:37 PM

Fingers crossed - hope the 2WW is passing by quickly for you.

Mrs P - good luck for Monday.  Sending lots of positive vibes to you!  I hope that this combination helps your embryo get nice and cosy in there.  Thats also tough dealing with friend's pregnancies, I still find it really hard so you're not alone there.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

#125 FingersCrossed123

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

mrsp14 - good luck for tomorrow's transfer!

hopeful - a break sounds like a great idea. We're have 2 weeks off at the end of September , can't wait ! and looks like you and Maufie will be cycle buddies in October.

Joany - this 2ww is dragging now, even though I have lots to do I can't concentrate very well.

BT is 11 days post transfer but that's a Sunday so have to wait until 12dp .... so still another 8 days to go.

Thankfully I have a busy week, it's my birthday, plus we have a teambuilding day.

Does anyone else have progesterone side effects? I am feeling exhausted and much more emotional than usual, but can't figure out if its the progesterone or just the situation - could be either really!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.