Jump to content
Over 40 and TTC with IVF/ICSI #30
99 replies to this topic
Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:31 PM
Just 2. I have made an appointment with the specialist late August. I want to do 1 more round and then call it quits. I am over the disappointment - limited eggs at collection, failure to respond and embryos not making it to day 5. Also even if I got a good embryo, it has a 50/50 chance of having an effected gene. I have truly given it my best shot.
Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:38 PM
You have definitely given it a good shot. I know my fs wants to try a different protocol in order to get more eggs, will be interesting to hear what yours suggests. Fingers crossed baby number two is one of these embryos and you don't have to worry about any more cycles.
Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:07 PM
Thanks Theia. Sorry I was a negative nelly the other day. I guess you have been there, when you wake up from your nice sleep and see 3 written on your hand. I was like what?! Anyway back in to my normal routine, so feel much better. I find about the 2 embies tomorrow.
Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:51 AM
Completely understandable, we've already been through so much so the disappointments can hit hard. Hope you get some good news today.
Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:16 AM
Got one to test. Funny that- out of only 3 eggs. When I had 8 eggs there was nothing to test. So now a 2 week wait. Hope to hear some good news from you soon Theia.
Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:57 AM
Great news BL, there really is no predicting what you'll end up with on day 5. Fingers crossed for you and hope you get your results quicker than me! I'm still waiting on pgs results, it's been over 2 weeks since biopsy, hoping I get the results soon so I can decide my next steps.
Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:51 PM
Got my results and it is normal, such a relief. Will aim for a transfer in early september.
Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:48 PM
Awesome!!!! I did say that my son was when I had only 1 to test. Great news.
Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:13 PM
How's it going BL? Hope you get your results soon. What are the next steps for you? I think I've got about 2 weeks to go before starting my next transfer cycle.
Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:06 AM
Hi. Got the news yesterday. Embryo had a deletion of chromosome 22. So it would not result in a viable pregnancy. In some ways I am relieved. Would be terrible to get to 12 weeks pregnancy and then find out there is a problem. I am due to do another round in 2 weeks.
Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:15 PM
Hi BL, sorry to hear the results of your tested embryo although, as you say, better to find out now than 12 weeks in (sadly I can speak from experience on that one and why I am incredibly reluctant to use my untested embryos). Have you started you next stim cycle?
I've just started meds for my transfer cycle, my first scan will be at the end of next week so will be interesting to see what effect the surgery has had on my lining.
Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:30 AM
Just over a week to the next stim. Keep me updated Theia. Lets hope that lining is nice and plump.
Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:02 PM
Hey BL, how are you, have you started stims yet? Unfortunately my surgery doesn't seem to have had any affect on my lining. I'll have another scan next week but looking like I'll be transferring with a 4mm lining once again.
Edited by Theia, 07 September 2018 - 05:03 PM.
Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:52 PM
Thanks theia. Early days for this cycle. Trying a new drug called rekovelle. So will see how things are going on sat when I have a blood test. Sorry to hear your lining hasn't changed. When is your transfer. How are you going?
Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:16 PM
I’m completely new to this page and would love to be pointed in the right direction if I’m in the wrong thread.
In summary I am 41 with 2 children aged 24 & 21 from a previous relationship. Hubby & I have been together for almost 17 years and have been TTC for most of that.
We have unexplained infertility.
10 years ago we started the IUI and IVF journey for a few years until it began to overtake our lives mentally, physically and emotionally.
We took a break... an 8 year break!! It took me that long to work up the courage for possible further disappointment.
In February this year we began the journey again, it’s now or never as time is not on my side.
We did all the tests over again with no issues.
Our first IVF cycle we collected 9 at EPU with 5 fertilise. We got 1 to early blastocyst and transferred without success, the rest did not make it to day 6.
Our 2nd round was half ICSI half IVF, 8 collected 5 fertilised and 1 reached blast and began to hatch. Again transferred with no success and the rest once again did not progress.
4 weeks ago I had a hysteroscopy and D&C and started a cycle the week after.
I had 16 collected, 9 fertilised and 1 made blastocyst yesterday and was transferred. The others were left until today and we had one actually make it to biopsy stage and was frozen.
Needless to say I was elated as this may finally give us some answers or more importantly a better chance at a positive result.
BT is on 21st Sep and PGS results due back 5 Oct.
I would love to connect with others and learn anything I can along the way especially if there is anyone out there in a similar situation.
Thank you xxx
Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:41 PM
(pregnancy mentioned) Zambii 41- I think you are doing well. You are getting 1 good blasto each round- which is a high standard for an embryo. Its great that you have one which has been biopsied. That gives you hope. I have a beautiful baby boy who is an IVF baby. My husband has a genetic condition which we do not want to pass on. I was 37/38 at the time and did 6 rounds. I would range from having 1 embryo to test to 4 embryos to test. My son was produced as a result of the one embryo tested, which goes to show it only takes 1. Of 14 embryos to test, only 2 did not have husband affected gene and were ok to transfer. One did not take and the other is my baby boy. I think 11 embryos had the husband's gene. I am trying now for baby no 2 at the age of 40/41. This is my 3 round. The first round was cancelled. The second I had nothing to test by day 5. The third round I had one to test. Was very hopeful. It didn't have the husbands gene but did have a very very rare chromosomal deletion so was not suitable. So now doing round 4. My dr thinks I have a reasonable chance of success, however wants me to have a cut off. Im trying a new drug on the market called rekovelle. I have about another week to egg pick up. I have got on average 5 eggs at collection. The last I had only 3.
Edited by Blue Lavender, 15 September 2018 - 07:42 PM.
Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:54 PM
Thanks so much for your reply, it gives me so much hope!! It’s so comforting to know there are others my age out there trying and succeeding.
I’m so focused on my emby that has been sent off for testing I keep forgetting I had one transferred on Wednesday. I think it’s a relief knowing we have a backup assuming all tests come back clear!!
Good luck with your current cycle, the “cut off” is something our FS has discussed too that I’m not ready to think about.
I’ll be looking forward to your updates xx
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
Top 5 Viewed Articles