Due in April 2019 #1

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#76 happylittleheart

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

Blackcat, what a terrible experience! Definitely get yourself to another GP!

Thanks Layla :).

Lilnik - lol at the number of tests! I'm with you there! I think I just wanted to keep checking that this is really happening! How early do you think you are?

#77 happylittleheart

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:45 PM

Thanks MummaR :)

#78 blackcat20

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:53 PM

Trying to remain positive. I'll get th blood test and scan done and hopefully everything will be fine. Really knocked a lot of confidence out of me though.

#79 Woodland Dreams

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:12 PM

Congratulations to those of you who have just joined. Hope everyone who has been feeling unwell starts to feel better as time goes on.

I'm still waiting to get the results of my bloods. They won't say over the phone but I don't think I can get to that doctor this week as he only works mornings and I don't have an Rdo this week. I need to get the referal to the OB from them too which they said I can get when the results are back. I'm going to try and see just anyone tomorrow night if not Saturday morning I guess. I am not too worried as I think I have normal symptoms sore breasts and a bit of morning sickness starting. 6 weeks tomorrow.

#80 Immyk

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:07 PM

Congratulations happylittleheart!

Blackcat what a terrible experience! I would definitely try and see another doctor! Even if it’s after the bloods and scan.

Woodland I struggle to fit appointments in around days off too. Hope the morning sickness isn’t too bad for you!

#81 blackcat20

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:46 AM

Does anyone else get sharp pains overnight? I think it's just gas and it doesn't last long but it's quite strong. Makes me a bit nervous. Also get the tiniest hint of brown spotting first thing but nothing during the day.

#82 Immyk

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:41 AM

A couple of days ago I had quite a bit of pain and cramping blackcat. Kept rushing to the bathroom to check, but didn’t have any spotting or anything. I just rested on the lounge (was a day off thankfully) with a heat pack and tried to do as little as possible. Was also the day I’ve had the worst nausea so far! Have you booked in for your scan yet?

#83 blackcat20

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:55 AM

View PostImmyk, on 14 August 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

A couple of days ago I had quite a bit of pain and cramping blackcat. Kept rushing to the bathroom to check, but didn’t have any spotting or anything. I just rested on the lounge (was a day off thankfully) with a heat pack and tried to do as little as possible. Was also the day I’ve had the worst nausea so far! Have you booked in for your scan yet?

Not yet, waiting for them to open so I can cal and see who can fit me in.

Update: booked in for first thing tomorrow.

Edited by blackcat20, 14 August 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#84 BlueMelon

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:32 AM

I've had spotting (very very very light) but no real cramping. This whole waiting and uncertainty is terrible.

Goodluck blackcat! Hope it goes well!

#85 blackcat20

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

Its really hard to know what is normal, I assume you're meant to have some sort of feelings given you're growing a baby, but my doctor was so unhelpful. I had nothing at all till Saturday and now I just have a gassy bloated ache. We actually didnt realise I was pregnant because I had a couple of days of spotting that I thought was just a weird light period given I've only been off the pill for a few months. That was weeks ago and I'm still pregnant so I can only assume that nothing major has happened. Guess Ill know more tomorrow.

#86 lilnik1000

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

View Posthappylittleheart, on 13 August 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Lilnik - lol at the number of tests! I'm with you there! I think I just wanted to keep checking that this is really happening! How early do you think you are?

I counted my tests this morning 14 positive ones haha at is not due till tomorrow or Thursday this mornings test was two same coloured lines!! So technically 4 weeks either tomorrow or Thursday I guess, been getting positive tests since last Friday, so when I was 3 weeks!

Good luck with ur scan tomorrow blackcat hopefully u can get some real answers! Try not to worry about the spotting and cramping hopefully all is normal and u will get to see ur little one tomorrow!!

#87 musicalgirl_85

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:40 AM

I had spotting with my first at around 5 weeks and all was normal. (I freaked out though of course!) Doctors aren't concerned if it's brownish as that means it's old blood. I'm at around 4w2d at the moment and bracing myself for spotting...

Lilnik I'm pretty bad with the tests too! I did another one this morning (digital) and it said 2-3weeks, which was such a relief to see after the test on Sunday said 1-2weeks! Maybe I'll do another one next week and hope for the 3+! :yes:

Blackcat, I'm so sorry your gp was like that. Really unprofessional. What will be will be, so no need for them to be so negative about it. We can worry all by ourselves!! Hope you've found yourself another doctor x

#88 blackcat20

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:49 AM

Thanks musicalgirl for the reassurance, I appreciate it.

#89 *cough*

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

Congrats Happylittleheart! What a wonderful surprise for you! I'm so happy you have your little miracle.

Black cat that's so rude and I agree with the others. Get a new GP!

Re cramping, the hospital assured me over the weekend that it's totally normal and unless it's accompanied by blood loss then you're okay.

I'm going to the GP Thursday to get my scan referral and will try to get there soon after that. I'm so nervous that there won't be a heartbeat. Honestly never been this sick as an adult so if the baby had survived I will be mighty impressed with my body.

I'm finding that I really need to nap, even just for 20 mins to make the day bareable.

Keep us updated blackcat!

#90 MummaR

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:04 PM

sorry to hear you’ve been sick cough, growing a tiny human is exhausting enough, let alone being sick on top of that too.

AFM - dating scan booked in for Saturday but I’m worried as there is no way i’ll be able to drink the 1litre of water beforehand, anything more than a sip every 15-20 minutes and i’m sure to vomit it back up. Does anyone know what happens if you don’t/can’t drink all the water?

#91 blackcat20

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:10 PM

Pretty nervous about tomorrow and having wicked heart burn. Apparently a normal size meal is out of the question too, makes my stomach hurt now.

#92 *cough*

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

Blackcat, I've found the same thing. Eating small amounts regularly.

MummaR good point! How do we drink that much water and hold it?!?

#93 Layla25

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

Good luck tomorrow, Blackcat. Xo.

I’m not sure what they do in those circumstances, MummaR, but it must be common! They could always try an internal ultrasound if they can’t get a clear view?

Good luck for your scan, cough!

#94 Immyk

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:55 PM

Good luck tomorrow blackcat.

MummaR, for my scan, they’ve only told me to go with a full bladder. When pregnant with my DD and DS they’ve said to drink 1L, but this time is just a full bladder! Maybe just drink what you can and as Layla said, they could do an internal if needed.

#95 lilnik1000

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:31 PM

With my first there was no way I could drink that much water and told the lady that as soon as I got in, I was just way too sick, she said it was fine but that she would most likely have to do an internal as you don’t need a full bladder for it, which we had to do anyway, a nice ultrasound person is usually pretty understanding!

Not too sick myself yet but have had a few stomach turns as weird smells or if I eat it big meal, find I’m eating 4-5 times a day but half the size I would normally eat, also start to feel sick if I leave it too long before meals

Get my blood results tomorrow!!

Good luck tomorrow blackcat will definitely be stalking for your results!!

#96 blackcat20

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:35 PM

Apparently I'm getting an internal scan so that's upped my nerves considerably. Getting my bloods done tomorrow as well then doc thurs for the results. Then I can finally tell my mum (she's traveling at the moment) without 'false excitement' :rolleyes:

Hearing you on the small meals. Have to start adjusting as too much hurts. But if I get hungry I get queasy so I can't win. Antacids seem to be helping though.

#97 Woodland Dreams

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

I went and sat around the doctors tonight and got my bloods back. For 5 weeks 3 days hcg was 18750 and the doctor said this is more indicative of 7 weeks but I know I couldn't be that far last week.

#98 BlueMelon

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:18 AM

Good luck today Blackcat, and don't worry about the internal ultrasound they are more accurate which is a plus and it's only mildly uncomfortable. I would suggest a panty liner for after though as they use a fair amount of gel :p Ive had a fair few as I have PCOS and they were tracking my cycles

#99 SaltyPrincess

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:22 AM

Hi ladies, thought it was time to join after I got my bfp on Saturday. So I'm about 4w4d I think -  this is going from a very late ovulation on cd26. Have made a gp appointment for next Friday (almost 6w) and the ob said I can get the referral and book in after that for 10w. Feeling super bloated and have had a few stomach turns. My nips have changed colour and are spotty. Otherwise I've been trying really hard to eat all the food that ovia tells me to eat and I'm so so full all the time. I'm also going overseas at 7w to Japan. Im not too stressed but we did book it not expecting the bfp and I'm a bit worried about ms being a drag. Anyway congratulations to all of you ladies and look forward to hanging out!

#100 happylittleheart

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

Thanks ladies for the congrats :). I still can't believe my luck!

lilnik - wow! You're very lucky to get a positive so early. My first positive was 13dpo.

musicalgirl - I did a couple of sneaky digitals before my second blood test results to see if it would show an increase! Have no idea how accurate it is but it gave me some reassurance!

Blackcat - good luck with your scan!

Afm I have my first scan in a few weeks with my FS/ob. It feels like so long away though!  I decided to have a later scan as I wanted it to be at a time where a heartbeat could definitely be seen. Because of my previous ms my FS wants to do weekly scans from then (which I am very happy about).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.