North Shore Sydney Occasional Childcare

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 newbub2014

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

I am travelling to Sydney for a week for work in October and unfortunately will have to bring my 4 year old son with me. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with Kidsnest in Crows Nest or Lane Cove Occasional Care?
Or any recommendations for other child care in the area?

We will be staying in a hotel in North Sydney and my work is in Crows Nest. My mum actually lives nearby but can’t help out during the day. She can help out with drop off/pick up though, as I potentially will not have a car. I think the work is 9-4:30.

DS is not the easiest kid in the world to deal with (also not the hardest), he has quite a few signs of ADHD that are outside the typical range for his age group, and some sensory processing issues and some extreme emotional outbursts. So going to a random centre for 4 days will be very hard for him, therefore I’m looking for a centre which will speak to me on the phone a little prior (nothing extreme maybe 10 minute chat), maybe where we can pop in on the Monday arvo before he has to start on the Tuesday, and where the educators will try their best to fit in with his needs and not the other way round. I’m not expecting it to be perfect, I know there will be issues, but just looking for recommendations for the best possible centre in the area to give him the best few days possible in a crappy situation.
It’ll cost me $505 for the 4 days anyway (no rebate), so I’m just hopeful that it won’t be absolutely awful for him :(

#2 QuirkyMum

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

I can only comment on Lane Cove Occasional Care ( one next to the pool, though I think they moved across the road from Coles few years ago- might have been a temporary move though).
Anyway I used their services 6 years ago. They gave my son with ASD and ADHD a spot on a very short notice( couple of hours really). He spent three days there. They were nice and he looked a bit lost when I picked him up but he was looked after, safe and OK really. DS1 wasn't difficult at all though, unless you try and make him do something he doesn't like, but I warned them. I was really open about his diagnosis, potential problems, etc etc.
It worked really well for us.
Just to let you know, their rooms ( building next to the pool) were small and not too flashy so definitely not a new fancy centre. But all ladies were lovely and kind and really tried to help.
Good luck OP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.