Due in May 2019 #1

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#26 benny81

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

Welcome and congrats pinkie and MrsP!!

MrsP I’m so glad you are here, I’ve been stalking the AC boards as we were heading to IVF very soon and have seen bits of your story . I’m glad your number hcg has been going up
The roller coaster is sh*t isn’t it!!
I hope everyone has a very uneventful 8 or so months

#27 mulli89

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

Congratulations to the ladies that have joined :)

I had heaps of cramping last week, to the point where I was sure something was wrong...this week I’ve had nothing. Hopefully it wears off for you guys too :)

I had my first doctors appointment yesterday, then today she called to say everything looks fine except for thyroid function so I had to go straight in and get on meds. She said it was fairly common for pregnancy to mess with your thyroid, but it makes me glad that I saw her early!

She doesn’t believe that my anxiety about miscarriage is warranted at all, and didn’t want to do a second Hcg so all I know is that I was 1038 yesterday which seems to be a normal sort of number for 5ish weeks. I wish I knew that it was doubling as it should be though...I did some line progression comparisons last week so I’m relatively confident it was going up last week, and if I do the maths from my first bfp to today, it seems about right.

Glucose test for gestational diabetes tomorrow which I’ve heard is unpleasant, feels like I’ve spent all week at the doctors at this stage. I’m looking forward to my dating scan on the 2nd of October I think seeing that flicker will finally convince me that it’s going to work out this time.

#28 Flower89

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:09 PM

Hi again..

Forgive me if this is TMI but has anyone has any kind of discharge yet?

Over the last few days I’ve had clear discharge, then this morning yellow kind of “blobs” and now some pink blood. My gut is telling me everything is ok.. Which is bizarre as I’m normally an anxious Annie! I hope I’m right.

Please share if you feel comfortable to do so..

I’m also not in Aus at the moment so not sure what to do and don’t want to stress out my in-laws. If it were a miscarriage do you think I would definitely “know” or be in pain?

Thanks.

#29 mulli89

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:08 AM

Hi Flower89,

I haven’t had much discharge this time around, a little bit of clear. But when I had my miscarriage a few months ago, I had no discharge but very painful, stabby cramps- I could tell something was up, I even had to pull over as I was driving at the time. I started bleeding pretty heavily about an hour later. There wasn’t any spotting or anything before hand. My miscarriage 10 years ago was exactly the same.

Hope everything is ok! If you’re not in pain I would lean towards everything is fine based on my experience.

#30 Flower89

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

Hi mulli89,

I’m so sorry to hear of your losses.
Thank you for sharing.

#31 MrsP2014

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:20 AM

flower- all my miscarriages have been cramping/pain followed by bright red flow that intensifies. with my DD i bled from 4w4days until about 6 weeks then 8 weeks to 10 weeks, we never found out why but my near 2 year old is proof that bleeding doesn't always mean the end!

#32 Antevorta

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

Hello everyone, I just found out we are expecting, due date 12 May 2019. We have one son who is almost 2.5 years old. Totally excited, very shocked. We were trying for a while so it hasn’t sunk in yet.

#33 Flower89

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

Hi MrsP2014

Thank you for your message. It was very comforting. I’m sorry to hear of your losses.

Local Dr advised to go to the hospital to make sure everything was OK before flying on the weekend.

Waited many agonising hours but all is ok and we saw our little yolk sac. Thank goodness!

Fingers crossed all is smooth sailing from here.. For all of us.

Xx

#34 LadyKJStorm

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

Thanks and congrats to all. I think i am due 19 may (depends if calculated from last period or when they did my day 5 transfer - have a slightly longer cycle so my day 5 transfer was nearly a month after my last period). Using the ivf calculator princeton put together but am very excited to scan in a couple of weeks.

Had my first bout of really bad nausea over the last 2 days but am feeling much better today. So naturally worried that something had hone wrong since i wasnt sick. Lol first pregnancy in case you couldnt tell. Going to be the worst pregnant woman ever....

#35 Birdie88

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:29 AM

Nausea & bloating has kicked in, my toddler has an ear infection and was up from 4am and I’m already wrecked 😴🤨 is it bedtime yet?!

#36 MrsP2014

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:22 PM

oh no birdie, hopefully your toddler is on the mend.

I've had on and off nausea, which always worries me when its off again as i start overthinking.

cannot wait for my scan in 1.5 weeks time, will certainly put my mind at ease!

#37 AlexiaJD

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:41 AM

Hello to everyone!

Lovely to see a support/connection group already going.

As a way of quickly introducing myself, I am 27 years old, hubbie is 35, and I'm pregnant with our first bubs. This will also be my first pregnancy and we were lucky enough to conceive on the 2nd month of trying.

My bloods recently returned a hCG level of 1091 at the end of 5 weeks, and I'm now 7 weeks along tomorrow.

I'm very nervous as the GP I saw didn't see the need to book me for second bloods or even a dating scan despite having cycles that can vary by about a week. Instead, my first scan is currently scheduled for approx. 11 weeks and I'm stressing myself out in thinking something will go wrong in the meantime!

I've experienced no 'typical' pregnancy symptoms other than feeling a little tired, needing bed at 8:30-9pm but waking up at 5-5:30am. Only slight spotting otherwise for two days, which has now settled down again. I'm thinking about visiting another GP for a referral for a dating scan. Has anyone else done this? It would be incredibly reassuring as I'm just very stressed about it all and can't seem to enjoy it without some evidence that bubs is actually in there and is developing okay. There's also a history of twins in both my family and my husband's, and I'd like to check this possibility out too!

#38 Antevorta

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

Hi AlexiaJD, yep either find another GP or just straight up request an ultrasound referral from your current one. Those are good reasons to have one done.

I’m seeing GP Tuesday and I will be doing the same thing.

#39 beckles_09

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:02 PM

AlexiaJD you can definitely request a dating/viability scan. A GP can’t really refuse to give you a referral unless there is a medical reason. The most important thing during pregnancy is the mother and her stress levels. Getting that scan would probably give you a lot of reassurance xx

I know I’m counting down the days until mine next week just to hear that little flicker of a heartbeat and make sure bubs is ok :)

#40 benny81

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:54 PM

Alexia, in light of you have a bit of spotting I would go to another go and get bloods and a dating scan just to be sure

How is everyone feeling?
Ahh thanks goodness for the weekend!! I have spent to last 2 days just resting and taking it easy , I’ve had a cold this last week which has made me feel crap along with exhaustion
I’ve had a few spells of nausea but nothing too bad yet , I’m 6w4d  and wondering  when the  ms is going to hit
With my other pregnancies I get very ill
It’s werid cause I hate feeling sick but I’m stressing cause I’m not feeling sick yet. I’m sure in a few days I’ll have my head stuck down the bowl

Hope everyone had a chilled weekend

#41 WaitingForBabies

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:39 AM

Hi everyone!

I’m 12dpo and have had a strong positive 🙈 I’m cautiously happy yet have told our parents as mine have be harassing us for no 2. I’ve been having light cramping on and off and a Queesy stomache along with achy boobs. Makes me wonder if I’m pregnant with twins considering it’s already so different from my son who is 2.5 y/o. I had the feintest positives with him plus ms hit around 10 weeks or later. Fingers crossed it’s a sticky healthy Singleton!

As for us I’m 29 next month and hubby is 30. We have one son and this will probably be our last Bub.
I work in a stressful demanding job and I’m up in the air as to what I want to do about it whilst pregnant.

Just can’t wait for another few weeks where I’m hoping I’ll get a dating scan and see a little strong heartbeat 💗

Edited by WaitingForBabies, 17 September 2018 - 07:40 AM.

#42 mulli89

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:40 AM

Hi everyone hope all the little beans are developing nicely and not causing too many crappy symptoms!

By my calculations I’m just on 6 weeks and I’ve had a few random bouts of morning sickness that seem to be getting more frequent and my nipples/breasts feel like they are bruised! Also have been having crazy dreams and getting up to pee a couple of times a night.

Yesterday I had a tiny amount (maybe half the size of a 5c coin) of pinkish brown CM which freaked me out but I’ve read that it’s common so I’m trying to put it out of my mind and not stress. I had nothing afterwards and no cramping...I read somewhere that it can happen around 6-10 weeks as the placenta attaches to the uterine wall. 2nd October can’t come soon enough, I think seeing the heartbeat will make me feel much more confident.

#43 ditch

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

Hi All, I am joining here after a long year of trying with two chemical pregnancies, my last being in July after my first round of IVF. i have just completed my second round of IVF and my blood draw at (the equivelant) to 16 dpo was HCG 281 so feeling more positive about this one.

i am 4weeks+5days today and due on the 22nd May.

I am getting a redraw of bloods tomorrow, although they say it isn't necessary - i need it as i am dead set scared of another early loss.

My first scan is booked for 5th oct i will be 7 weeks 2 days.

i am 38 and hubby is 30 (gasp yes) i have two children, one is 16 and one is 14, so this is a BIG age gap but we are all very excited about baby number 3.

I am in Adelaide and furiously researching birthing options as it has been so so long.

Congrats to you all

xx

#44 white.valley

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

Hello!

It's lovely to read all of your messages. I'm glad there's so many of you here already.

I got a strong positive :BFP:  yesterday, much to mine and my husband's delight! We consider ourselves very lucky as this is our second month TTC, and this will be our first baby. I'm 25 and he's 26.

Luckily no symptoms yet other than a missed period and some slight cramping.

The due date is estimated for May 27th 2019; I'm exactly five weeks today.

My family are in Perth, but I'm a long-term resident in Japan, so it's going to be a hard secret to keep until Christmas. My mum is desperate for grandchildren so I can't wait to eventually break the news. I thought I ought to join a forum in the meantime to avoid feeling extra lonely given my only support network here is my husband and his family. (Fortunately, they're lovely, but they're a bit far from where we live.)

Congratulations to you all and I'm looking forward to following your journeys,
xx

Edited by white.valley, 17 September 2018 - 07:53 PM.

#45 gLAMBella

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:14 PM

Hello 👋🏼 to everyone,
I am due 4th May as per dating scan I had last Monday. I feel wretched with constant nausea (haven’t been actual sick) telling myself it’s a good thing and strong hormones. 7+2 today. Not my first baby but after a big gap and in a different country so feeling pretty clueless so seeking lots of advice please ladies... firstly in how to organise an obstetrician 🤷🏻‍♀️ How do you pick etc? How do you find out info?

#46 gLAMBella

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:16 PM

View Postditch, on 17 September 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hi All, I am joining here after a long year of trying with two chemical pregnancies, my last being in July after my first round of IVF. i have just completed my second round of IVF and my blood draw at (the equivelant) to 16 dpo was HCG 281 so feeling more positive about this one.

i am 4weeks+5days today and due on the 22nd May.

I am getting a redraw of bloods tomorrow, although they say it isn't necessary - i need it as i am dead set scared of another early loss.

My first scan is booked for 5th oct i will be 7 weeks 2 days.

i am 38 and hubby is 30 (gasp yes) i have two children, one is 16 and one is 14, so this is a BIG age gap but we are all very excited about baby number 3.

I am in Adelaide and furiously researching birthing options as it has been so so long.

Congrats to you all

xx

I am in Adelaide also Ditch, 36 with some older kiddos too. I am trying to work out Obstetricians before seeing my doc tomoz.

Edited by gLAMBella, 17 September 2018 - 11:21 PM.

#47 Jem19

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:49 PM

Ditch I'm so excited to see you here!! I remember you from the other forum and felt awful for you when you had miscarried. You had started your IVF journey not long before I did. Hopefully the next 8 months go smoothly for us

#48 Terfl

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm cautiously tipping my toes in here. It's our first month of trying for #2 (DS is 15 months) and I had my BFP on Thursday (10 DPO but still 5 days before AF was due). So very early days still and due date is not until end of May.

I had a MC at 6 weeks before DS and so I'm pretty careful not to get too excited at this point. I've had my bloods done this morning and will re-test on Thursday to make sure the hormones are rising as they should.

I had some brown discharge last week but thought it might be implantation but just had a rush of CM with a tan tinge.. I wish it was Friday already and I had my blood test results.. This waiting is driving me insane :)

Good luck to you all!

xx

#49 MrsP2014

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

welcome to everyone who's joined

how everyone going symptom wise?

im 7 days out from my scan  i just wanna see that little flicker and then i think i might relax a bit! I've always had issues in early pgrenancy like bleeding or pain so this is the least monitored i have every been!

#50 MrsLynde

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:20 PM

So... I feel like I'm the only lunatic who has ever spontaneously grabbed ANOTHER Clearblue Digital test while grocery shopping ... despite 4 positive tests AND a HCG confirmation from my Doc following blood tests?! I'm sure this is a million times more common than it feels. Couldn't help myself, I just needed to prove to myself this is still a thing that is happening in there!

4w+6d and I'm quietly thrilled but intensely nervous. At this rate I'm going to be doing tests for weeks :rofl:

Feeling extremely fortunate, after waiting to 'try' for two years (work/life commitments) we managed to fall on the second month of TTC. First babe.

Looking forward to sharing some of our journeys together :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.