Due in May 2019 #1

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#51 Flower89

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:42 AM

MrsLynde, I tested every second day for the first week! I’m trying to cut back. Haha. It’s just so reassuring.

MrsP2014, symptoms are fatigue and incredibly sore boobs! It feels as if there are knives crisscrossed through them! Oh, and instead of being constipated, I’m the opposite (which I prefer!). Also, peeing a lot more too. Crampy on and off too.

Lovely to read everyone’s messages.

I have suspected cervical ectropion so bleeding is going to be a common thing for me! Not what you want but I guess it’s good to know.

First day back at work for me today! Argh!

Hope everyone is going well.

X

Edited by Flower89, 19 September 2018 - 07:30 AM.

#52 mulli89

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:29 AM

Well today is going to be a bit of a make or break day for me! The spotting has continued for a few days now and my breast tenderness has disappeared which my doctor said “sounds like a sad turn of events for you” so I’m not feeling too hopeful at the moment. I got hcg done yesterday, should get results back this morning, then I also have a scan booked in at 10:15...hope I can get there on time because I have a job interview 9:30-10:00!

If this one isn’t a keeper I’ll feel pretty unlucky, with all the tests and my laparoscopy earlier in the year confirming everything is fine, i feel like it could only be developmental issues which i think of as just drawing the unlucky egg out of the hat.

#53 Flower89

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:54 AM

Hey mulli89,

I hope you’re Dr is wrong and I’ll be crossing everything for you. It really is such a stressful thing, pregnancy!!! I thought I’d be worried once it was born... How wrong I was.

Positive vibes your way. Xx

#54 MrsLynde

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:11 AM

You’ve signed yourself for a stressful morning there, mulli89! Definitely sending lots of positive vibes your way for both the job interview and the scan x

#55 Laura29

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:28 AM

Hi ladies

Very happy I can finally post in this forum.

We are expecting our rainbow baby end of May 😃

I had a missed miscarriage in feb at 12 weeks, so the first scan can’t come quick enough - bring on 6 October.

Has anyone else had no symptoms (besides being tired)...

I have my fingers crossed for you mulli89!

Edited by Laura29, 19 September 2018 - 09:30 AM.

#56 Teah

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:25 PM

Hi ladies, congratulations to all!
I may be jumping the gun but couldnt help myself 😊

I am due May 28th

I already have a 2yr old and i just recently had a baby who is only 5 months so this is going to be a challenge.

Struggled with m/c and always need fertility meds to get pregnant but this one happened natrually and before my first cycle after giving birth.

Keeping my fingers crossed it sticks. ....................................

Will be doing scan at 7wks

#57 mulli89

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

Ladies, thank you so much for your support and lovely messages this morning 💖

The scan went well this morning, very clear yolk sac that is in the right spot, tiny little embryo, we both thought that there was maybe a heartbeat but the technician said she can’t be 100% sure that it was the baby and not me. Apparently my doctors dating calculations are spot on (not mine) so I’m only at 5w6d atm.
Then doctor called and said my hCG was at 14,500 which is bang on where it should be exactly one week after my 1,038 last Tuesday. Another hCG test on Friday to make sure it’s still rising, if it comes back ok I’ll probably just wait until my scan on the 2nd to see whether the heartbeat has kicked in properly.

I’m feeling so much better after all of this, it’s looking much more positive than it was yesterday!

The interview went well so I’m trying to be optimistic that I’ll get a promotion just in time for Mat leave 😊

Thanks again, it’s nice to have somewhere to put these early stress outs before friends and family know anything.

#58 MrsLynde

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:11 PM

Exactly - I’m going mad with no one to talk to! Husband is... excited but you know how they can be, never super keen to nitpick the detail.

Hanging to tell my mum but am also wanting to wait a little longer. Probably won’t tell any other close family/girlfriends till 8 weeks.

Three weeks of zipped lips?! Nigh on impossible!

#59 Ttc123

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

Edited by Ttc123, 08 October 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#60 AlexiaJD

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:25 PM

View Postbeckles_09, on 16 September 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

AlexiaJD you can definitely request a dating/viability scan. A GP can’t really refuse to give you a referral unless there is a medical reason. The most important thing during pregnancy is the mother and her stress levels. Getting that scan would probably give you a lot of reassurance xx

I know I’m counting down the days until mine next week just to hear that little flicker of a heartbeat and make sure bubs is ok Posted Image

Thanks to everyone who replied!

I'm happy to report that i went to another GP at the same clinic who immediately recognised my concern and gave me a referral for the scan. I booked in and had the scan two days ago, and very, very happy/relieved to see a lovely little bubs measuring 0.52cm with a flickering heart rate of 123bpm - spot on and very healthy for my calculated 6 weeks 2 days as per ovulation date!

Now much more happy to wait for the next scan in about 5 more weeks. I hope everyone is doing okay and all scans are going well!

#61 Flower89

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:19 PM

mulli89 and AlexiaJD, I’m so happy to hear of your good news!!!

Woohooooo 💕

#62 MrsP2014

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:32 PM

great news girls!

off to adelaide tomorrow with my toddler, will tell some of my family whilst im there.

#63 WaitingForBabies

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:33 AM

I think I need to leave the group.
Decided to take another test as I found my boobs were no longer sore, less queesy etc. it was faint but done late arvo and I had been drinking a lot. Did another today with FMU and it’s lighter than last night, almost non existent. I’m now waiting for the intense cramping and bleeding to start.
Will see GP today to ask for a blood test and confirm.
So devastated. I’ve cried non stop this morning and have called in sick to work

#64 mulli89

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

Oh WaitingForBabies, I am so sorry, really hoping your body is just getting used to the hCG and that’s why your symptoms have dropped off, but I can imagine how devastating the fading tests must have been for you.

Crossing my fingers that your little one hangs in there xx

#65 Flower89

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:01 PM

WaitingForBabies, I truly hope that is not the case. Thoughts are with you either way. Xx

#66 WaitingForBabies

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

I’m spotting now so I’d say things are not great.
The GP didn’t say much but mention that 14% of pregnancies end in miscarriage and it could be due to defects. Then said we should do a blood test to check what’s going on. Pretty deflated. Thankfully only our parents knew and one lady at my work so she could swap and keep me away from being too close to radiation etc for cases at work so not too many people to tell the news to

#67 mulli89

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:29 PM

WaitingForBabies, did you go and get a blood test today? I had one this morning at 8 and got the results back at 1 so hopefully your results are just as quick and you will know by this afternoon.

I’m hoping that spotting doesn’t spell the end for you, it hasn’t for me yet- I’ve been spotting for a week now and I felt like my symptoms had tapered off last week, but the scan and now three blood tests have confirmed that everything is progressing as they would expect. It’s been stressful but I’m trying not to give up on my bean and I won’t give up on yours either!

#68 ditch

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Hi all,

oh no waitingforbabies :( i do hope you are ok.

Jem19 - hello! IVF is a bloody rollercoaster isn't it? when are you due? i am 22/5 currently 5 w 2d.

I lost it yesterday feeling like my symptoms had dropped off, but had bloods drawn again and HCG was 3940 so spot on and more than doubling.

I get an early scan in two weeks and cannot wait.

Looking furiously for pregnancy and borth care options now in SA. I want a water birth but feel sad that obs wont do them, why!? i will probably need to go through the birthing centre

#69 benny81

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:43 PM

Waitingforbabies sorry to hear you are having a rough time I truely hope everything turns out alright for you

Well I’m hanging out in limbo land once again🙄 had a scan this afternoon I should be anywhere between 6w4d and 7w 2d
The sac measured 5w3d there was a heart beat seen but they didn’t count the bears saying it was very tiny and to get a repeat scan in a week or so 😢 we are going on holiday on Sunday which makes it more difficult
I’m going to go some bhcg done in the morning and get the results on Sunday morning and our flight is at lunch time
I still have sore boobs, my fatigue is increasing and the last 2 days I have been nauseous
I really hope this little one makes it otherwise it will be Loss number 6  and we will be heading to ivf to test the embryo/s
I would really like to crawl into a hole and sleep for days but I have to get packed and stuff for our trip
Please cross your fingers and toes for me 😊

#70 WaitingForBabies

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:35 PM

View Postmulli89, on 21 September 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

WaitingForBabies, did you go and get a blood test today? I had one this morning at 8 and got the results back at 1 so hopefully your results are just as quick and you will know by this afternoon.

I’m hoping that spotting doesn’t spell the end for you, it hasn’t for me yet- I’ve been spotting for a week now and I felt like my symptoms had tapered off last week, but the scan and now three blood tests have confirmed that everything is progressing as they would expect. It’s been stressful but I’m trying not to give up on my bean and I won’t give up on yours either!

I did have bloods taken but wasn’t told when to get the results. Honestly I don’t have much hope as I feel like I have a light period with this spotting progressing. Small cramps as well. Pregnancy test this morning was a squinter so I’d assume that I’ll probably have a readable bHCG but I’m doubting it’s rising!
I hope your bean is growing well!

#71 Terfl

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

WaitingForBabies, i reckon the same thing is happening to me. I tested early, 10dpo, got a faint line which was getting darker the next day but there didn't seem to be any difference between 11dpo and 12dpo. Had bloods done twice this week and today I found out that my hcg levels were super low and were actually going backwards. It's very upsetting but guess it was just a chemical pregnancy. I started bleeding tonight.... Hopefully we both have more luck next time x

#72 Zambi41

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:24 AM

Hi ladies,

I’m hoping I can be apart of this group and I have done my calculations correctly!!

I am 41 and after 15 years of TTC I got a BFP yesterday via IVF.

Im finding it hard to get excited until that first scan as I have had a blighted ovum before.

I will have a secondary BT on Monday to confirm everything is heading in the right direction.

EPU was 7th Sep and a 5 day blast transferred on 12th Sep.

A few calculators have told me my DD would be 31 May so I would just scrape in but if anyone has any insight on this please let me know Incase I need to move to June.

Thank you xx

Edited by Zambi41, 22 September 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#73 WaitingForBabies

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:52 AM

Terfl I had two strong tests for the firs two days and then tested 5 days later to find them lighter. Have had a Set of bloods but I know it’s too late, I’m cramping like I have my period and my Flo has upped. I’m sorry you’re going through the same situation. From what I’ve read you’re pretty fertile post all this and should be able to TTC right away. I’ll give myself a little time to grieve and will be jumping on the bandwagon

If for some reason things change I’ll come back to the group but for now I’m going to leave and wish you all the best for a wonderful and smooth journey with sticky babies!

#74 keepontrying

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:09 PM

Hi Zambi41, we're in the same boat! I'm exactly the same dates for IVF as you but haven't had the confirmation of the blood test yet as it was only done this morning, so I guess I'll know Monday. I actually thought that that would make us 4 weeks yesterday so due maybe 17th/18th? But I might have that wrong.

Congratulations on your BFP after so long! xx

#75 taters

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

Hi ladies I found out I am pregnant on Monday night. My husband and I are so happy. This is number 2 for us,our little boy is 6 months old so they and going to be close in age.
It took us 2 years ttc for our first little man so I am so excited about this pregnancy and how quickly it happened.
I am about 7 weeks I think but going to gp on Tuesday for referral for scans/OB etc.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.