Jump to content

NT results


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bug2019

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

Hi ladies,

We have had our Nt ultrasound scan and bloods and have been given the news we have a 1 in 68 chance our baby has downs. We have a specialist appointment at the hospital today to discuss options. Wondering if anyone is in the same boat, or previous pregnancy had high results and everything turn out okay and if you went ahead with Cvs testing or waited for an amniocentesis to be done later. Terrified of miscarriage from either procedure, terrified of having a positive result and having pasted the point of a surgical D&E and having to go through labour to deliver the baby. :(

#2 KareneKat

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

Oh hon - can you do the harmony test for a more accurate result? I'm not a fan of the whole NT process as the ratios and percentages they give you are so misleading.

Having said that I am 44 so did the NT scan, bloods and Harmony as I wanted to know.

You have a 1:68 chance of having a baby with downs. That means you have a 1.47% chance of having a child with downs.  That means you have a 98.52% chance of having a child without downs!!!!!! People make a choice to take the life of their child over these stats. How many non DS babies are being killed?

I would recommend you go and see a genetics counsellor who can guide you through this more accurately. It is such a personal, individual decision. xx




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

 
 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Viewed Articles

 
Advertisement
 
 
 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.