Jump to content
1 reply to this topic
Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:26 AM
We have had our Nt ultrasound scan and bloods and have been given the news we have a 1 in 68 chance our baby has downs. We have a specialist appointment at the hospital today to discuss options. Wondering if anyone is in the same boat, or previous pregnancy had high results and everything turn out okay and if you went ahead with Cvs testing or waited for an amniocentesis to be done later. Terrified of miscarriage from either procedure, terrified of having a positive result and having pasted the point of a surgical D&E and having to go through labour to deliver the baby.
Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:36 AM
Oh hon - can you do the harmony test for a more accurate result? I'm not a fan of the whole NT process as the ratios and percentages they give you are so misleading.
Having said that I am 44 so did the NT scan, bloods and Harmony as I wanted to know.
You have a 1:68 chance of having a baby with downs. That means you have a 1.47% chance of having a child with downs. That means you have a 98.52% chance of having a child without downs!!!!!! People make a choice to take the life of their child over these stats. How many non DS babies are being killed?
I would recommend you go and see a genetics counsellor who can guide you through this more accurately. It is such a personal, individual decision. xx
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Top 5 Viewed Articles