Sept 2WW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#26 LuckyStar2015

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

View Posttrying again, on 21 September 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Now I am on 3 x 400mg of Progesterone because apparently the higher the better.  But my hCG was way low and so was my progesterone and I had my little boy at 35 and a bit weeks and he was released from hospital before I was.  If it makes you feel any better for the whole 35ish weeks I was pregnant i was told I was going to lose my baby the whole time.  When I actually had him I had no idea what to feel.  This time around, it has taken so long and it has been a really hard journey, when (not if!!!) they tell me that I have a BFP I am going to believe it this time and not think that I will lose my baby every minute of every day.  Positive thoughts help a lot I think.

hehehe another West Aussie...I feel like there are not many of us on here but I reckon there are more than I actually think :) You have a great long weekend too :)

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that, it sounds like a very stressful pregnancy - which is really not what you want after the stressful part of actually getting pregnant. Were you very unwell following his birth?

I really hope this one is the BFP you've been waiting all this time for!!

I think I read that somewhere re: progesterone. Mine must have been way high a couple of years ago as my boobs were killing me etc, now I literally feel nothing except for some cramps. So I am thinking AF is probably coming... I don't know though! Who really knows! I hate the 2WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Added PS I am currently on x3 500 progesterone and x2 combo E2+P500. So A LOT of progesterone..... hehe

Edited by LuckyStar2015, 21 September 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#27 trying again

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Oh it was but it was worth everything I went through.  Our little guy is just awesome.  I was quite unwell for a couple of months after but I came right.  Just having our little man with us was worth all the pain that I had.

I am really hanging out for our BFP I am pretty sure Oct 1st will be my transfer day so I am holding on to everything that I have to make sure that this last little guy is the one...although I know he will be a she hahahaha well I don't know but I am hoping :yes:

2WW really do stink.  Everything else we can control (to some degree) but the 2WW is so out of our control it is just not fair :huh:

OH MY Goodness!!!  that is a huge amount!  how are you even staying sane with all of that going through you.  You are amazing.  I am going to say what everyone else is saying.  Just hold on...You never know it might just be your body getting ready for bub. :heart: I am going full pretzel for you :yes:

#28 Zambi41

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

It’s was a BFP for me today ladies!!!

HCG 96.7
Progesterone 49.8

A little concerned about numbers but I’ve had a few reassure me it’s fine, another BT on Monday although I don’t think I’ll relax until the first scan!

Thanks so much for everyone’s support, you’re all amazing xxx

#29 Stimstar

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Hi all, first up, congrats Zambi41 that’s awesome!! I have been meaning to jump on here and join you guys for my 2ww, I had a fet last Sunday (16th), a 5 day embie. I started POAS on Friday, then yesterday got the faintest shadow of a line! I did another one this morning and there was a definite line! So I’ve done two more today I don’t know why haha???? But yeah, trying not to get too excited because I know it’s very early days - and I’m 40, so I’m high risk - but it’s JUST SO EXCITING!

#30 LuckyStar2015

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:40 PM

How exciting Stimstar! I hope it’s your BFP!! I haven’t POAS anymore I’m too paranoid!

#31 Stimstar

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

Thanks Luckystar. I’m freaking out a bit now because I’m not on any progesterone. Last time I was on Crinone. I’m worried now that I’m supposed to be on something and they just forgot to tell me hah! I hope not, but I can’t call them on the weekend so it’s a long wait till tomorrow! Then I guess I have to fess up that I POAS 😬

#32 LuckyStar2015

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:57 PM

Haha! Are you freaking out because you’re used to having medication and you don’t and it feel weird? I’m sure if the HPT is ++ then your body must be making progesterone!

I did that once! I rang them and said I’d POAS and it was constant BFN and could I just have my BT on the Friday (it was scheduled for a Monday) cos it would save me so much heartache and unnecessary meds. They agreed!

#33 Zambi41

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:59 PM

View PostStimstar, on 23 September 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Hi all, first up, congrats Zambi41 that’s awesome!! I have been meaning to jump on here and join you guys for my 2ww, I had a fet last Sunday (16th), a 5 day embie. I started POAS on Friday, then yesterday got the faintest shadow of a line! I did another one this morning and there was a definite line! So I’ve done two more today I don’t know why haha???? But yeah, trying not to get too excited because I know it’s very early days - and I’m 40, so I’m high risk - but it’s JUST SO EXCITING!

Thank you & congrats!!!

I got a faint line at 4dp5dt and more definite at 5dp, I did 5 tests that day and over a period of 5 days did 21 tests so don’t be embarrassed hahahahaha

Buzz your clinic in the morning, when’s your BT??

Oh by the way I’m 41!! :)

#34 Stimstar

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

LS - Yes it’s weird I thought, to not be on any hormones. The only meds I’m on is a shot of clexane each night. But I guess you’re right - it must be working!

Z - it’s so funny - all day I’ve been just wanting to pee on sticks so I can see if it’s still there haha. My BT is on Thursday. I feel like that’s a few more days than it needed to be though? It will be 17 DPO for me.

Good luck with yours tomorrow!

#35 LuckyStar2015

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:15 PM

Hopefully you need nothing else Stimstar! Are you still obsessively POAS? Hehe! My BT isn’t till Friday, so I look forward to hopefully more good news from you first - third times the charm for me??

Good luck tomorrow Zambi let us know your stats!

Theia - how are you going??

#36 Theia

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:13 AM

Congrats Zambi and stimstar, wishing you both a boring 9 months.

How are you going lucky? How many dpt are you now? Do you think you'll test again before BT?

I'm 3dp5dt and have felt absolutely nothing in the way of symptoms. My first fet I had a lot of localised cramps in the first 2 days which I think was implantation and needed to wee a lot from day 2. That cycle I got a bfp at 5dp5dt (ended as a chemical but initial hcg levels were good). No cramping or any other symptoms for this transfer, not feeling terribly confident.

#37 Stimstar

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

Yes good luck today Zambie I have everything x for you!
LS - wow Friday? They are making you wait longer than me! And you haven’t even POAS yet - that is some amazing self control of which I could only dream hahaha - I have had to limit myself to one test every morning. And there are still no guarantees haha.
Theia - I haven’t had any symptoms either. Not a single thing. I was checking every day for spotting but not a shadow of anything. No veins up, no cramps, feel fine. To the point that I have now begun obsessively googling the stats on chemicals etc because I also feel like there should be some sort of indication! But nope! Nada.

#38 LuckyStar2015

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

Oh my gosh what is WRONG WITH ME! Thursday not Friday! That’s the second time I’ve done that! I’ll be 13dpt. I won’t POAS again I’m too scared of seeing one line 😭 once was enough, even if it was too early!

3dpt is so early Theia give it time 😊 what support meds are you on? I’m sure you’ve told me but I’m on my phone and if I scroll the whole thing crashes 👎🏻

From what I’ve read any symptoms are actually the effects of progesterone, so it’s impossible to tell for me - is it pregnancy or is it all the progesterone I’m on? I think the latter !

#39 Zambi41

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:01 PM

View PostLuckyStar2015, on 23 September 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Hopefully you need nothing else Stimstar! Are you still obsessively POAS? Hehe! My BT isn’t till Friday, so I look forward to hopefully more good news from you first - third times the charm for me??

Good luck tomorrow Zambi let us know your stats!

Theia - how are you going??

Hi lucky,

Stats today were HCG 362 and Prog 43.6. Prog had dropped slightly which I panicked about but she assured me it’s fine it’s not supposed to increase just stay stable.

I can’t get a 7w scan as my FS is away so I’m booked for 8wks but he booked me for another BT next Wednesday to give me peace of mind until scan.

How are you going?

#40 Theia

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the sanity check Stimstar and Lucky, logically I know it's still early days, I just need to be patient.

Lucky - I'm on progynova, progesterone and clexane. Only a few more days for you to go, hope it's good news on thursday.

That's a great increase in hcg zambi, congratulations! Don't stress about the progesterone levels, my clinic like over 30 but were happy to go ahead with my transfer with a level of 25 (although they did up my pessaries to get me over 30).

#41 Zambi41

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:21 PM

View PostTheia, on 24 September 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Thanks for the sanity check Stimstar and Lucky, logically I know it's still early days, I just need to be patient.

Lucky - I'm on progynova, progesterone and clexane. Only a few more days for you to go, hope it's good news on thursday.

That's a great increase in hcg zambi, congratulations! Don't stress about the progesterone levels, my clinic like over 30 but were happy to go ahead with my transfer with a level of 25 (although they did up my pessaries to get me over 30).

Thanks Theia

I just panicked when it went down, I just assumed it was supposed to increase like HCG but she reassured me.

Hopefully before you know it you’ll be getting a BFP too, this is such a gruelling journey we endure, any normal person would be celebrating however I feel I can’t until the scan which has now been delayed a week :(

Be sure to keep us updated, I have everything crossed for you xx

#42 LuckyStar2015

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:15 PM

Go Zambi! Yay! Wonderful news, so happy for you!! Re progesterone - my clinic freaked me out because I was at 44 and they wanted me at 50. I really freaked - now I know the preferred is 30 and they’re obviously extra obsessive for whatever reason. They told me that’s their “cut off”.... hence the panic. You’re fine! So good you got the reassurance. The extra week wait will be hard for the scan, but you can do it! You’ve survived the 2WW victorious 😊

Theia - even though I’m no longer “early” I’m still being an idiot mentally. I.e. when I had my BFP my boobs were SO SORE! This time there’s nothing at all, so of course I’m automatically thinking it’s a BFN; although a friend assures me everything is always different and I shouldn’t be relying on that. I think we just go mad in the 2WW. When do you think you’ll POAS? Do you have a mid luteal BT or just final?

#43 Theia

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:10 AM

Luckstar - I have no self control when it comes to poas, I started yesterday just to remind myself what a bfn looked like 😂 I have a BT tomorrow to check my progesterone levels only and then official BT is next tuesday.

#44 LuckyStar2015

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

View PostTheia, on 25 September 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Luckstar - I have no self control when it comes to poas, I started yesterday just to remind myself what a bfn looked like I have a BT tomorrow to check my progesterone levels only and then official BT is next tuesday.

Hahahaha!!! I shouldn't laugh, but gosh you made that sound funny. Good luck with the BT tomorrow, let us know what the progesterone comes back as. They did mine 3dpt (with the freakout) and also did my estrogen at the time too.  I'm actually dying to POAS as I think from around today it should show a result.... ARGH I have two in my undie drawer........ **bites nails***

#45 Stimstar

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Lucky Star omg I’m with Theia - I dont know you’re doing it haha! I have been POAS at least once or twice a day since I got my shadow line on Saturday. I’m obsessed! You really do have amazing self control!!!

#46 LuckyStar2015

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:48 PM

Hahaha but you got a shadow line the first time Stimstar! I got nothing, nudda, just the one control line - so I don't want to see that again - and at this point it would be confirmation of BFN so I'd rather just ignore it all!! haha

#47 sweetpea8

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:43 PM

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Congrats, Zambi, you must be thrilled, fingers crossed for a boring nine months.

I’m in my first ever 2WW after a FET last Friday. Well first one since starting IVF. Am very staunchly not POAS, but am seriously wanting to. I have absolutely no symptoms at all, but have managed to come down with a terrible head cold, and have a terrible headache to go along with it, so am feeling really sorry for myself. Makes me realise how much I rely on the Codral normally!

Thanks for all your postings, it’s amazing how much this forum gives me a little place of shared experience even without posting. Look forward to checking in and sharing with you all. ☺️

#48 Stimstar

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:44 PM

Welcome sweetpea, good luck!!

Lol Theia! I reckon you and Luckystar could be on to something. Test too early, get a negative, that will give us the self control to not POAS for the rest of the tww! Haha. Could work?

I’m still getting BFPs but the line isn’t getting darker. Just about half the darkness of the control line. So still not getting my hopes up! I did call my nurse this morning and fess up about POAS - she was really excited haha! Not cranky woohoo 😂

#49 LuckyStar2015

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:17 AM

View Postsweetpea8, on 25 September 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Congrats, Zambi, you must be thrilled, fingers crossed for a boring nine months.

I’m in my first ever 2WW after a FET last Friday. Well first one since starting IVF. Am very staunchly not POAS, but am seriously wanting to. I have absolutely no symptoms at all, but have managed to come down with a terrible head cold, and have a terrible headache to go along with it, so am feeling really sorry for myself. Makes me realise how much I rely on the Codral normally!

Thanks for all your postings, it’s amazing how much this forum gives me a little place of shared experience even without posting. Look forward to checking in and sharing with you all. ☺️

Congrats on your transfer! I am so sorry to hear you're sick - I got sick just before transfer day too, only just getting better now. I felt sooo sorry for myself too and kept thinking "being sick is going to stop this from working" - then I realised how ridiculous and untrue that is and the ridiculous situations people normally find themselves pregnant in! Hope the 2WW goes super fast for you - and don't POAS yet or you'll end up down in the dumps like me because you tested too early!

#50 LuckyStar2015

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

View PostStimstar, on 25 September 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

Welcome sweetpea, good luck!!

Lol Theia! I reckon you and Luckystar could be on to something. Test too early, get a negative, that will give us the self control to not POAS for the rest of the tww! Haha. Could work?

I’m still getting BFPs but the line isn’t getting darker. Just about half the darkness of the control line. So still not getting my hopes up! I did call my nurse this morning and fess up about POAS - she was really excited haha! Not cranky woohoo

Don't forget hCG doubles every 48-72 hours so it may not get darker for a few days! You should get one of those fancy digital tests that just says YES in big black letters :D I reckon the nurses all know 99% of people POAS !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.