Ready Set Go Girls #279

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

#151 Theia

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:57 AM

Fingers crossed for a great day 3 report today MsHopeful. No results for me yet, hoping I'll hear by the end of this week but it might be next week.

How's the synarel going joanie? I hear it is just awful to use.

Congratulations on being pupo maufie. And great to have some back ups in the freezer, although hopefully you won't need those for a while.

Glad that first needle went well Jelly. The orgalutran is a little tougher but still manageable.

Welcome bumbleflop, sorry you find yourself here but you couldn't ask for better support than the lovely ladies on this forum.

Hooray for AF turning up ck, are you starting your next cycle straight away?

Hope you're going well too Mara.

AFM, I'm planning on going straight into another stim cycle while I wait for test results from last cycle. I will probably put off any transfers til next year as I will need another surgery for my lining and with the christmas period coming up it would probably be wasted if I tried to fit in this year.

#152 ckmelb

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

Hi theia, that sounds like a good strategy. FYI I read an interesting article about PGS testing in the US and it's all very complicated

AFM I went in for bloods today and I am starting a natural IVF cycle due to low day 2 AFC (usual for me). I will be due for pick-up on a public holiday so here's hoping there is a FS working on that day. Interestingly, after speaking to the nurse today and updating her on my european fertility adventures she is fairly sure I had a chemical pregnancy. She said a HCG of 4 is actually not negative at their clinic (I did bloods at my GP). So I did the right thing staying on the meds a few more days and then taking a repeat test before stopping

#153 MsHopeful18

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:47 PM

Theia, that sounds like a good plan and at least you will get a little bit more back from Medicare for the stim this year! When do you start up again?

CK, I really hope this cycle will work out. Sorry about the chemical :( I guess that makes sense now why you had to wait so long for AF.

I got my day 3 report and all 7 embryos are between 6-10 cells but all with various degrees of fragmenting. Our issue is quality and drop off between days 3-5 so I really hope they can even make it to blast.

Would be amazing to finally have some to freeze but doesn't sound promising. Just have to wait until Wednesday morning now.

#154 Theia

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

A chemical pregnancy makes sense ck. My first transfer was a chemical and although I was disappointed it gave me a little bit of hope too. I haven't read too much about pgs, there seems to be a few pros and cons to doing it, and some controversy regarding mosaic results. I have a few untested embryos in the freezer but can't bring myself to transfer them, though if all else fails then I will probably transfer them before giving up.

Sounds very similar to maufie's cycle MsHopeful. Great that they're all still going and with good cell numbers, now the long wait for the day 5 result, fingers crossed you get a few good blasts. I'm starting stims today so expecting collection end of next week.

#155 Joany

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

Hopeful - go embies go! I hope that some of the fragmentation can be repaired over the next 2 days and you have some options come Wednesday.

CK - I hope that your clinic here can take some of the information you learnt overseas to get you to transfer. Sounds like you were so close this last cycle.

Theia - I’m sneezing a lot but getting the hang of it thanks. Sounds like you’ve got a good plan ahead, hoping you get some beautiful blasts to test this round.

Maufie - hope you’re keeping yourself distracted and time isn’t going too slowly.

Anyone know how much you end up being out of pocket for a full stim cycle when you’ve reached the Medicare cap? Just curious how much this next cycle will cost us. Going to the GP is only costing me $5 instead of $35 at the moment 👏👏 (the things I get excited about 🤦‍♀️)

#156 MsHopeful18

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:40 PM

Haha Joany, the $5 at the doctors excited me too! Its the little things..

Personally I found it only reduced the out of pocket by about $650, I was expecting more for reaching the safety net!

#157 maufie85

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

Yay ms hopeful for 7 embies still going at day 3! I so hope you get some great options come Wednesday. Sounds very promising to me.

Good luck with the new stim cycle Theia :) and for your pgs results.

Thanks Joany- the tww (or 10 day wait) is as slow as ever hahaha... xox

#158 Bumbleflop

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for the very warm welcome :) I feel a bit lost to be able to contribute much yet but I’m sure I’ll learn quickly!

#159 Jelly11

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

So 3 days in and I'm already feeling bloated and getting a bit uncomfortable. Has anyone else had issues this early?

#160 Joany

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:38 PM

Hopeful - good luck for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. I guess $650 more back in our pocket is better than nothing.

Jelly - I’ve had cycles where I don’t feel much and then others where I feel a lot very early. First cycle I think it’s very normal to be bloated early on. When is your first scan?

#161 Jelly11

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:16 AM

First scan is Friday. I've woken up today feeling heaps better so not sure what was happening yesterday. It was like I was constipated but I wasn't and it's gone away on its own. Glad I can't expect to feel that way the whole time!

#162 maufie85

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

Thinking of you today ms hopeful and wishing you the very best day 5 outcome- mine never make it to frozen on day 5 only day 6. I so hope you have your transfer today that results in your sticky bfp :)

Hope you continue to feel better Jelly! I find the bloating is worse toward pick up.

Hope everyone is doing ok. I’m trying not to stress about a lack of symptoms lol x

#163 MsHopeful18

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:23 AM

Thanks so much ladies. I had a blastocyst transfer early this morning which I am grateful for, but it is once again not good quality and all the other embryos are pretty  fragmented. They’re watching two early blastocysts but told me not to expect much as their quality is pretty poor.

I hate feeling so down after transfer but I really thought with 7, I would have a few more! Especially since we did all the drugs for quality. Sorry for my negative rant, I know I have to try and think positive! Just this is what happened last time with a BFN.

Maufie, surely it’s too early for symptoms! I have everything crossed yours is a sticky one too.

Joany, hope the synarel is ok and not too long until Stims?

Jelly, hope the bloat means you have some great follies in there!

Theia, hope the injections are ok.

#164 Theia

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:49 AM

Hi Jelly, I don't really have much discomfort during stims but then again I don't grow too many follicles. Glad the discomfort has passed for you.

Doesn't the tww drag maufie! Don't let the lack of symptoms worry you, I've seen so many posts where people with no symptoms get bfps. Fingers crossed for you.

Congratulations on your transfer MsHopeful, fingers crossed for you as well. I know how disappointed you must be not having more make it but you're in with a shot, good luck!

#165 maufie85

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

Ms hopeful I’m so glad u got to transfer a blast and congrats on being pupo- and I totally get how hard it is to believe it could possibly work after so many disappointments, but each try is a different roll of the dice. There are so many stories about less than great quality embryos making perfect babies- I try to comfort myself too with these stories.

Wishing you the very best of luck for this one on board :) xox let’s survive the tww together

Thanks Theia- I hope you are right Re lack of symptoms :) and it drags indeed! When are you starting stims again?

Edited by maufie85, 31 October 2018 - 10:13 AM.

#166 Jelly11

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:09 PM

MsHopeful - Congrats on being PUPO. They wouldn't transfer unless there's a chance it'll work so try not to get too negative or stress too much in the 2ww. I hope your little embie is a strong one.

Maufie - did you say you were POAS Monday? I hope the 2ww isn't driving you too crazy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.