Ready Set Go Girls #279

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

#26 Theia

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:32 AM

Sorry it wasn't more definitive for you making mirrors but I've read many success stories that started with low numbers. Hope thursday's results show a good increase.

#27 maufie85

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:30 AM

Yes I agree with Theia- I hope Thursday has a nice reassuring rise for you mirrors.

Theia how did you go this morning? My follicles hadn’t grown much at all since Friday so I’m expecting I might have to increase my FSH dose or go for longer... will get the call this arvo.

#28 Theia

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:37 AM

Hey maufie, because of the fast growth on the left I ended up triggering last night for collection tomorrow. Last time I had fast growers was not great results so my expectations for this cycle are quite low. My best results in terms of quality were from a cycle I had slow response, hope that's the case for you.

#29 ckmelb

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:08 PM

Hi mirrors, just want to echo what the others have said around low start numbers. I know Thursday is a while to wait so hope it passes quickly for you.

Maufie that sux but hopefully they get the dose sorted and you get some good growth

Theia I was thinking of you today. Have you had your egg collection or is that tomorrow?

I POAS again today and it is exactly the same as yesterday eg very very faint positive. So I just need to wait this one out and stop being impatient

#30 maufie85

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for the advice Theia and sending you the best luck for collection tomorrow! Maybe your expectations will be exceeded by far :)

Thanks Ck- I hope the bfp just gets stronger! Xo

#31 ckmelb

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

Just refreshed and saw your are booked for tomorrow Theia. All the best!

#32 Theia

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:17 PM

I think they let me go another day in the hope that some of the smaller ones would catch up, will see what tomorrow brings.

Ck, sounding really promising for you, fingers crossed tomorrow brings a darker line.

Did they increase your meds maufie? When is your next scan?

#33 maufie85

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:42 AM

Good luck today Theia! Wishing you some great results.

They didn’t increase my meds, just asked me back for another scan on Wednesday (tomorrow). That will be day 13 of injections..

Fingers crossed for you Ck!

How is everyone else traveling?

#34 ckmelb

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:56 AM

Wishing you luck today Theia!

@maufie - extended injections suck but hopefully that does the trick

Not looking good for me, the test was BFN this morning. I was woken by the storms at 4am and went to the loo so tried to hold as long as I could this morning but eventually I needed to get up to go to work. So although realistically I could say it's because I didn't hold long enough I think at this stage I am out. I will take a beta test tomorrow at my normal GP though and then need to decide if I want another cycle next month

#35 maufie85

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:53 AM

Oh Ck I’m so sorry to hear about your bfn- maybe wait until the beta tests though if no sign of AF yet- this journey sucks so, so much sometimes. I know what it’s like to get v v few tww times and only after much expense - whatever happens take some days to be kind to yourself and seek advice from your most trusted FS.

My DH is only wanting to try 3 stim cycles max, I often wonder if we aren’t lucky in these next two what our next steps will be. I can’t imagine life without a child at this point (although I completely respect people who do) and so I would probably push to foster kids in need at some stage. But I try not to get ahead of myself, it’s more that I need to have plan b and plan c in order not to get panicky.

#36 ckmelb

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:03 AM

Thanks Maufie. I am unsure what AF will do given I am on progesterone, estrogen and another tonne of things

I think it's super tough to not plan forward but at the same time it's hard not to. Maufie I think you just need to get through each part of each cycle and then make the best decision you can. And then you can still change your mind

#37 maufie85

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

That’s great advice, thanks Ck :) xo

#38 trying again

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:34 AM

Mirrors - my first Beta for my little boy was 19...and he is now 2.5 years :) I know it will be all good for you. I am so happy for you.  The waiting kind sucks though.

CK - Oh don't count it out yet.  On a positive note you know all the hCG is out of your system and when you go for your bloods it will be all good :)  With my first two rounds I had BT 11 days after transfer (3 day embryo) and all my other ones BT was 14 days after transfer (5 day embryo's) if that helps any.

Maufie - I agree with CK.  Just take it each cycle.  You honestly can't say definitely what you are going to do until you are there.  Because we have done so very many now we knew this was our last one.  Just take you time and keep communication lines open.

Theia - How are you feeling? I am going good just waiting, waiting, waiting. Sending you heaps of positive vibes.

I am so sorry if I have missed anyone.  I have been reading your posts but I can't reply on my silly phone.  I have to waiting until I am on a computer.

AFM - I am not feeling anything at all.  Still have a sore back but I have figured out the progesterone is making me feel absolutely awful so at least i know that now. I just wish I knew what my body was doing at the moment

#39 Theia

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Sorry it was a bfn today ck, hoping tomorrow brings a pleasant surprise. I'm definitely one for jumping straight into the next cycle but sometimes a month off to regroup can be good. Hopefully your fs can use what you've learnt from your overseas cycle to get you your bfp.

Hope things are looking good on tomorrow's scan maufie. I agree with ck and trying, just take it one cycle at a time and reassess after each one. I completely understand the need to have contingency plans in place though.

Trying - so much waiting and wondering during this process, hope whatever you're feeling is the start of a bfp, fingers crossed for you.

AFM, 7 eggs collected this morning which I'm pretty happy with. The scientist said 1 or 2 may be immature which isn't too suprising. Now to wait out the next 5 days to see if we get any for testing.

#40 maufie85

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

7 eggs is great Theia! Sending many positive vibes that your lucky one is in there and hope the next 4 days pass quickly.

Thanks for the great advice Trying again- I hope you feel better soon in the progesterone and it’s all worth the discomfort.

Crossing my fingers for you Ck xo

#41 MsHopeful18

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

Hi all, I am back and just started round 4 stims today after a bit of a break. Definitely don't feel 'emotionally' ready to do it all again but we haven't got time to waste so just have to suck it up.

Theia, I really hope you get some great embryos this time to test! 7 is a great number, even if 1-2 aren't mature. That 5 day wait is the absolute worst.

Maufie, I hope you don't have too long to go until collection. And I totally get how you feel but I hope this is your lucky round so you won't need to worry about future cycles.

CK, sorry to hear it's a bfn but I am glad to hear you made it to transfer this time!

Trying again, progesterone side effects are awful, but I hope they are also a good sign for you. You must be close to beta day?

Sorry for anyone I have missed, hope everyone is doing ok!

#42 maufie85

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:33 PM

Good luck msHopeful! I so hope this is your lucky round too. Has you FS changed your protocol at all? :)

#43 ckmelb

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

Theia 7 is a great number congrats! That extra day must have done the trick

Trying sorry to hear the progesterone is giving you bad side effects

Mshopeful good to hear from you and hope it goes well

Thanks all for the kind wishes today. The GP convinced me to do the beta on Thursday instead of tomorrow as that will be 14 days past collection. On the plus side I will continue to eat runny egg yolks as long as that test stays blank

#44 Nbmb

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:48 AM

Thank you so much for the support, girls!
Took few days off from constant thinking about ttc, had a lot of distraction over the weekend as well, which has helped.
Today I had an U/S, wohoo :), will start again with lowest dosage of gonal f, with trigger on Monday and IUI on Wednesday. This round will be one day shorter, as I am away on business from cd 14 on. Hope all will go as planned.

#45 Nbmb

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:06 AM

Makingmirrors and ckmelb, fx  Thursday will be lucky for you both!

Theia, sending positive wibes to your eggs to get a winner among them!

Maufie85, how long are you trying? Even though it might give you some comfort with plan B and C, thing positively and believe the next step you takd will be successful.

Joany, fx your dreams will come true soon :)

Tring again, it sux not knowing what is you and what are the pills. Hope you will get clear signs its a little bean after all :)

Edited by Nbmb, 17 October 2018 - 04:13 AM.

#46 Joany

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:35 AM

NBNB – glad you can jump straight into another IUI. Wishing you luck for the next cycle.

Maufie – hope the scan goes well today and you can trigger soon.

Mirrors – sorry to hear numbers aren’t as high as the clinic would have hoped, crossing fingers that tomorrow shows a double. More waiting which isn’t easy I’m sure.

CK – sorry to hear of your BFN but truly hoping it’s still too early for you.

Theia – happy to read of your 7 eggs collected. Sending lots of positive vibes to those embies of yours to grow so you’re able to get some to test.

Trying – when I go back to cycle 1 that ended up being a positive I don’t remember any symptoms at all either so I am hoping that it’s a positive beta for you tomorrow.

Hopeful – glad you’re starting again.  Hope this cycle is your lucky one.

Our last month of trying naturally.  Ovulating today so will see if the universe aligns. I am chatting to my FS next week so will ask her but anyone know if by some MIRACLE I do fall naturally can the synarel that I have to take a week before stims affect any BFP?

#47 makingmirrors

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:30 AM

Thanks ladies, I stopped googling (I don’t think there’s a single ‘beta results at 16dpo’ post I haven’t read, haha). Although I did discover they tend to like day 16 beta results as an indicator. I poas again this morning, same brand etc just to see if it was still positive, which it was. But then it occurred to me it doesn’t tell me much else, so I’m still not getting hopes up too much. DH was so excited about the first results, he just figured you were pregnant or not, so he’s not used to this.

Theia- 7 is a great number. I’m a low responder and got 5 with my successful cycle 3 years ago. 3 fert, 1 transferred on day 3 and none made it to blast. (5 was my largest haul until 6 this cycle).

Ckmelb- good luck with the test tomorrow, here’s hoping we both have good news

Trying again- I know what you mean about feeling nothing, other than the horrors of progesterone. I feel nothing more than any other cycle. Good luck today, fingers crossed for you.

Maufie85- I hope your scan goes well

Mshopeful18- good luck with the new cycle. I don’t think you can ever be emotionally prepared. Well, except for the first go when you’re so hopeful that you’ll be lucky first try.

Nbmb- fingers crossed for you, hopefully the business trip is a good distraction too.

Joany- good luck. I think I had a beta test before my Synarel cycle to confirm nothing (mind you this was back in 2014 and we’d spent about 8 months prepping for the cycle with a lap/hyst done again so I definitely hadn’t tried in the month prior).

#48 Theia

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

How did you go today maufie? Hope EPU is not too far away.

Welcome back MsHopeful. My latest round was my 5th for this year and it is definitely getting harder to psych myself for each round but, like you, given time is not on my side I just have to grit my teeth and get on with it. Fingers crossed for you, hope this is your month.

Ck - I think that's pretty standard to wait to 14"dpo" for blood test. Did you poas today? Runny eggs are my favourite too, enjoy! And maybe some soft cheese and deli meat while you're at it :)

Nbmb, good to hear you can get straight back into it. Will you have another scan before trigger?

Good luck joany! I haven't used synarel before (I hear it's awful) so can't help you there.

Good luck tomorrow makingmirrors, hope you see a good doubling rate in your levels.

AFM, was feeling pretty crappy yesterday after collection, definitely my toughest recovery of all my cycles, it's the first time I've thought I'm not sure I want to do this again. On a positive note all 7 have fertilised which is consistent with our earlier cycles, our big drop off is usually from day 3 to 5. Next update will be friday.

#49 Jo.F

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:50 AM

Happy Birthday Trying :wub:  Hoping you get the best gift ever of a positive test! xx

#50 trying again

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

Thank you so much Jo xoxo

My blood test is done and the countdown is on...it is 10.00 am here and we should get the call around 2.30ish...longest day of my whole entire life...plus we had to rush our little boy to hospital last night so it has been full on and I am knackered plus I am at work hahahahahaha

I'm sending so much positive thoughts and baby dust to everyone...it is going to be our month this month :yes: :heart: :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.