Ready Set Go Girls #279

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

#51 Jo.F

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

View Posttrying again, on 17 October 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Thank you so much Jo xoxo

My blood test is done and the countdown is on...it is 10.00 am here and we should get the call around 2.30ish...longest day of my whole entire life...plus we had to rush our little boy to hospital last night so it has been full on and I am knackered plus I am at work hahahahahaha

I'm sending so much positive thoughts and baby dust to everyone...it is going to be our month this month :yes: :heart: :wub:

I hope your little man is ok xx. It's a long enough day waiting for that call let alone when you haven't had any sleep. I've gone full pretzel for you xx

#52 trying again

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

View PostJo.F, on 17 October 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

I hope your little man is ok xx. It's a long enough day waiting for that call let alone when you haven't had any sleep. I've gone full pretzel for you xx

Just found out he has tonsillitis :omg:  and just between you and me...I am full pretzel as well hehehehehe

#53 maufie85

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:39 PM

Thanks to all for the kind wishes (Theia and mirrors!) and good luck with the upcoming cycles Joany and NBmb.

My follicles are still on the too small side (10 on the right and 6 on the left now) but because estrogen is 5000 they have cut my gonal f dosage down by two clicks but getting me back on Friday for another scan and bt, with the view to a possible trigger on Saturday and pick up on Monday... that will be 16 days of stims overall- I hope it results in at least one great mature egg!

Had a nice chat with the embryologist about last cycle and she said that while our fertilisation rate wasn’t great, she can’t see any underlying issues in quality at the moment. Other than they did t implant of course :p

Theia I hope you get a great day 3 report tomorrow.

All my fingers are crossed for your bt trying again :)

#54 ckmelb

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

Have you got the call yet trying? Hope your little boy is ok

Maufie those sound like great numbers although a bummer with the extra stims

Theia - 7 from 7 is awesome. Wishing those follies some good growing to day 5

Mirrors I can only imagine how many blogs you have read ... I may do the same kinds of things too. Can't help it! Not long now

I booked in to see my FS on Monday next week so just need to keep AF away until then otherwise I will need to start a new cycle without a chat. I think I will keep taking progesterone and estrogen until Saturday night with the hope to start AF Monday or Tuesday next week. And I am seeing a second opinion dr in mid Nov (the original second opinion dr I saw can't treat me as she doesn't have a donor sperm program).

#55 trying again

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

Just got the news...Unfortunately this is a no for us.  We gave it our best and that is all we could ever do.  Our little boy is awesome and some people are only meant to have one little one in their lives. Thank you all so very much for your well wishes and I hope you have lots and lots of luck.  All my love to you all on your journey xoxo

#56 Jo.F

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

View Posttrying again, on 17 October 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Just got the news...Unfortunately this is a no for us.  We gave it our best and that is all we could ever do.  Our little boy is awesome and some people are only meant to have one little one in their lives. Thank you all so very much for your well wishes and I hope you have lots and lots of luck.  All my love to you all on your journey xoxo

aww hun I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself and I hope you have a drink or two... or ten lol tonight to celebrate your birthday. Even though it wasn't under the best circumstances I'm glad I 'met' you and I wish you all the best for the future xx

#57 ckmelb

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:34 PM

Trying again I am so sorry to hear it. As JoF said look after yourself and have some special treats today (and tomorrow)

#58 makingmirrors

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:42 PM

I’m so sorry trying again. Biggest hugs. Take care of yourself.

#59 Jelly11

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:02 PM

Trying - I'm so sorry. Give your boy cuddles and look after yourself.

Maufie - fingers crossed for some nice mature eggs coming your way!

Theia - that sounds like a great start. Fingers crossed you get lots to 5 days this time.

Big hugs to everyone else. Sorry there's so much happening at the moment I'm struggling to keep track of everyone!

AFM - I was active here a few months ago, not sure if any of you remember. I was gearing up for my first IVF round but just before starting found out there was a stuff up and they'd forgotten to tell me about the extra steps required in setting up pgd testing and they shouldn't have given us dates in the first place. What we thought would be a 2 month delay has been about 3 months but finally the testing is set up and we have start dates. Blood test in a week to see if we are good to go. I'm excited we're back on track but wary this time they're going to turn around and say they can't do it for some other reason.

#60 maufie85

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

Trying again I’m so sorry to hear it was a bfn :’( please take great care of yourself and surround yourself with the love of your little boy and DH. Sending hugs xox

Welcome back Jelly! Glad to hear you have a start date sorted now. I hope it’s a short and sweet ivf journey for you from here...

#61 Theia

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:39 AM

Sorry to hear it was a bfn trying again, you definitely gave it all you had and certainly deserved a better outcome. Be kind to yourself.

#62 Joany

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:44 AM

I’m so sorry Trying. It isn’t fair. Please take care of yourself x

#63 makingmirrors

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:30 AM

New beta results are in, they’ve halved over the last 3 days so it’s over. I’m feeling much the same way as trying again. I’ve got a gorgeous little girl and I’m at peace (at the moment) with getting off this AC train.
I hope your results are better ckmelb.

#64 Theia

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:59 AM

Making mirrors, I am so sorry to hear that, it just plain sucks. Big hugs.

#65 ckmelb

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

oh mirrors, I am so sorry to hear it. I had been thinking of you all morning. look after yourself

#66 IamOzgirl

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:18 PM

Im sorry trying :-(

#67 maufie85

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

I’m so sorry to hear that making mirrors- sending you hugs. The AC roller coaster is so unfair sometimes xoxo

#68 makingmirrors

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

Thanks ladies, I have to give props to the clinic nurses, they never got my hopes up.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask...but for anyone who has experience with HRT fets, any idea on how bad af will be when it comes?  I’ve been on pessaries and twice weekly progesterone injections and the nurse warned me today to have pain relief and lots of pads available. I’m just thinking my last post fresh transfer with just crinone was pretty bad, but cycle came before beta, I can only imagine how thick my lining is now.

#69 trying again

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:01 PM

Thank you so much everyone...just taking it one day at a time a the moment.

Mirrors - For me it is very much like my miscarriages, it is heavy and it hurts but it never last more than 5 days.  Heat packs, drugs and chocolate always have made me feel better...I am not really looking forward to when AF arrives at all this time around (seriously I don't look forward to it anyway).  All my love to you mirrors and I am so very sorry this has happened to you :(

Everyone I'm sending all my spare energy to you.  Lots and lots of baby dust to you all xoxoxo

#70 ckmelb

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

Finally confirmed this morning (even though marked urgent) my HCG was 4 at 12dp2dt (or 11.5 days to be precise). I do wonder if the embryo had a go at implanting and didn't quite make it there. Otherwise I seem to hold onto HCG for a long time

#71 makingmirrors

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

Thanks Trying, love to you too. This whole process is just as hideous as my gyno warned me 6 years ago.

Sorry to hear the results weren’t better ckmelb. How are you feeling. Do you retest again?

Has anyone seen Private Life on Netflix?  It’s about a couple in the US undergoing fertility treatment. The actress (Kathryn Hahn) was in bad moms and there’s some serious Oscar buzz for her. It was a really good approach of the topic from my opinion. And they didn’t take the easy way out. It does make me wonder if ivf in the US is as they show or not.

Chatted to DH last night. He’s a little devastated.  I keep swinging between selling all the baby clothes and pram and cot to ‘maybe just one more try’. So I’m going to spend the next 6 months losing the ivf weight from 4 years ago and getting healthier and looking after myself. Then we’ll either sell it all or try stims again. You see,  I still want to have another baby, I just don’t want to do IVF! Haha. If only. I’m not super logical at the moment.

For the ladies stimming and waiting on transfers, how are you going?

#72 trying again

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

ckmelb - Oh I am so very sorry.  You worked so hard and have been so super positive. sending you big hugs xoxo

mirrors - seriously you are exactly the same as me.  I am torn.  I now have a plan to move forward and the first thing I will be doing is losing all this excess weight this roller coaster ride has added.  Then I might see if it will just "happen" (I know that after trying for as long as we have it is rare I am still going to try) my husband will love the BD every second day for 5 for so months hahahahahaha until I call it quits :)

#73 makingmirrors

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

Trying - totally the same. Silly FS said after we got pregnant with 2.5yo that ‘there’s no reason it won’t happen naturally now after this’ so you can’t help but hold on to a little hope. Not to mention the bunch of ovulation tests I have from my natural fet cycle....

#74 maufie85

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

I’m so sorry to hear that your hcg was so low Ck- sending hugs. Take care during this time.  It’s so hard :(

Theia- how are your embryos growing? It must be day  4 or 5 today?

We had our 4th scan- the follicles finally grew! Only issue is that now I have five around the 23-25mm mark which seems very big, and the others are all hovering around the 13-14mm- so hanging out for this arvo’s call to see if EPU will be Sunday or Monday. I really hope it’s Sunday even though I’m not sure that the clinic does them on Sundays...

Sending much baby dust to all, and comfort to those dealing with the trauma of bfns xo

#75 MsHopeful18

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

So sorry to hear of the bfns trying, mirrors and ck. This is such a hard process whether you are trying for #1 or for a sibling.

Maufie, you must be getting very uncomfortable with all of those follies! Hope you get the call soon.

Theia, I hope your embryos are growing nice and strong and will be able to be tested.

Joany, I hope this will be the lucky month and you can avoid another round! Maybe ring the nurses if you are worried about the synarel effects? I am sure they would have told you though, if there any issues.

Welcome back Jelly and I hope you can get started soon.

I am on day 4 of stims and really feeling all the side effects this time round for some reason. Just want to sleep all day and so thirsty no matter how much I drink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.