Opk Question with update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Apple-Rose

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

Hi, I tested calendar day 8 and got a really dark line. When I tested calendar day 9 it was faint - hard to see faint. Could I have ovulated that early and for that short of a time? My cycle has been a little erratic. Last month 32 days, then 22, 18, 29. I used Opk’s for the first time last month and tested later and got a faint line maybe around day 12. I will keep testing everyday this cycle to see what happens and the BD regardless but just hoping I didn’t miss this months chance as we gave it a miss the day after my cycle finished.

Edited by Apple-Rose, 18 October 2018 - 07:15 PM.

#2 Beanette

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostApple-Rose, on 11 October 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Hi, I tested calendar day 8 and got a really dark line. When I tested calendar day 9 it was faint - hard to see faint. Could I have ovulated that early and for that short of a time? My cycle has been a little erratic. Last month 32 days, then 22, 18, 29. I used Opk’s for the first time last month and tested later and got a faint line maybe around day 12. I will keep testing everyday this cycle to see what happens and the BD regardless but just hoping I didn’t miss this months chance as we gave it a miss the day after my cycle finished.

Have you been keeping an eye on your cervical mucus? That sound give you a clue if you're fertile too

I would say that if you got a dark line, then a faint line, then you probably ovulated on CD8. Definitely not out of the question if you've had 22 or 18 day cycles - O on CD8 would give you aprox. a 22 day cycle again.

Remember for OPKs the line must be as dark or darker than the control line, otherwise it's negative. If you're unsure, just keep having sex!

#3 Holidayromp

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:20 AM

OPKS detect the LH surge 12 -36 hours preceding ovulation.  They do not detect ovulation.

What makes it difficult is that some woman can get a few surges during the month when the body gears up to ovulate and then it doesn’t happen.  

As soon as you get a positive test start bding as the best change of conceiving comes with the sperm already waiting for the egg.

#4 Apple-Rose

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

I’m back. I have continued testing every day and it’s either been ridiculously faint or nothing at all - which I expected given I got the positive opk earlier in the month. I kept testing just to make sure and this evening I have a positive??? I also feel bloated and I suppose what some people describe feeling when they ovulate. I don’t ever notice stretchy cm but there is noticeable slippery (if that’s how you could describe it) cm. Does this mean I am ovulating now or earlier on day 8 - which seemed weird as my cycle had only finished the day before

#5 Beanette

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:31 PM

I have had positive OPKs right before I got my period. This website explains how:

https://www.lifewith...ositive-opk-af/

I have heard of other people getting a late positive OPK and actually being pregnant (confirmed with a pregnancy test)

It might be worth getting the digital OPKs to try in the future, they are more expensive but they take the guess work out of figuring out if it is positive or not. I found them much easier than the usual OPKs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.