Dyson Airwrap

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Liz Lemon

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

I shouldn’t have looked. Now I want one :(

https://www.dyson.co...l9ZQ0blBZw0G.97

My hairdresser already uses the dryers and they’re fab. Guess I’ll wait and see if they get these and try it out.  Surely the price will come down ...

#2 Lesley225

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

That looks amazing but the price!

#3 Soontobe7

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

I want one too 😫 there is no way I could or would pay that much for a hair styling tool

#4 EsmeLennox

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:46 PM

At least they give you free delivery!

#5 SummerStar

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:32 AM

If the hair dryer is anything to go by the price will come down, but then more people started buying the hair dryer with the price decrease and think it's wonderful, which it is. So more people might be willing to pay asking price this time around knowing how good the hair dryer is. Seems popular so far.

I'd consider it though I'd be using it more as a straightening smoothing tool that curling so probably don't need it.

#6 Liz Lemon

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

Yep price is insane.

However. I have a Parlux hairdryer and a GHD straightener that are both around 10-15 years old and on their way out (finally!). I reckon they would cost me around $200 each to replace?

If this replaced both I think I could almost justify it :)

Hmmmm. Interesting. I’m going to start saving.

What are Dyson like for quality/longevity/warranty?  I’d want this to last me at least 15 years (like my current set up).  I don’t have a Dyson vac.

#7 EsmeLennox

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

I have a 13 year old Dyson vac that hasn’t missed a beat yet. Not sure if the comparison is valid, though!

#8 Caribou

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostSummerStar, on 15 October 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

If the hair dryer is anything to go by the price will come down, but then more people started buying the hair dryer with the price decrease and think it's wonderful, which it is. So more people might be willing to pay asking price this time around knowing how good the hair dryer is. Seems popular so far.

I'd consider it though I'd be using it more as a straightening smoothing tool that curling so probably don't need it.

I doubt it. I think the price is what makes it more inciting! It’s a bit like the iPhones and Samsung phones. They certainly haven’t reduced their prices.

#9 SummerStar

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

They did actually reduce the hair dryer from its original release price. It started at $750, it's now $499.

#10 Liz Lemon

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

View PostSummerStar, on 15 October 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

They did actually reduce the hair dryer from its original release price. It started at $750, it's now $499.

Do you recall how long it took to come down?  A year or more?

I reckon the folk that bought the hairdryer would be a bit devastated now that this has come out.  Way more bang for your buck with what it does.

Maybe that's why the price dropped?

#11 SummerStar

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

Sorry it was $700 not $750. I don't remember, it was released Mid 2016 I got it about march/April this year for $400 with a code rrp then was $500 but not sure when the reduction happened. Somewhere between release and when I bought it.

I have the hair dryer and wouldn't be upset about this it's not the same thing. The hair dryer reduction would have had nothing to do with this. But I think this will sell better from the start since the hair dryer proved itself to be fantastic. I think people were originally hesitant to spend the money as it was priced so high, now I've used it, I'd have spent the $700 if I'd have known how good it was.

Edited by SummerStar, 15 October 2018 - 09:40 AM.

#12 purplekitty

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

My daughter has very curly hair so she is interested if it can straighten that.
So far the demonstrations seem to show it can.

The hairdryer is actually very good.

#13 lozoodle

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:42 AM

I want this so bad, looks amazing!

They specify it smooths rather than straightens so I'm not sure how it would go on very curly hair though PP.

#14 purplekitty

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

View Postlozoodle, on 15 October 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

I want this so bad, looks amazing!

They specify it smooths rather than straightens so I'm not sure how it would go on very curly hair though PP.
People with curly hair would be happy with that.
It is a never-ending fight and an improvement on ironing your hair under brown paper which is what I tried as a teenager.

The thing is it seems to do it much quicker and easier than other methods.

#15 JBH

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:05 AM

Curse you OP! I hadn’t heard of it and now I want it.

I have had great customer service from Dyson. I called because the motor on my 5 yo vacuum broke and I wanted a quote to repair. They were horrified it broke, picked it up by courier the next day, rang 48 hours later to say the whole engine was blown and to ask if I would prefer to have it repaired free of charge and delivered back within a week or have its purchase price credited towards buying a new one.

#16 Gumbette

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:19 AM

I have a Parlux and it was around the $300-$400 mark.  I would buy this for DD when / if the price comes down.

#17 Daffy2016

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

I saw this last week and I’m sure the price reported in the media wasn’t $700 then! I think I saw around $500. I desperately want it but will have to wait.

#18 red_squirrel

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

I was sceptical if it would work with frizz.

Just watched some YouTube vids and I want this so much.
They said it was $US 499. So it will be even more here I imagine with the exchange rate.

If they do drop the price after a year or so I am getting one if I start saving now.

There are going  to be so many people with great hair walking around.

#19 Liz Lemon

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:54 PM

View Postred_squirrel, on 15 October 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

They said it was $US 499. So it will be even more here I imagine with the exchange rate.

Yep pretty sure it's $699 in Oz.

I just looked at the Dyson Australia website and they've sold out already.

Agree re people walking around with great hair :)

#20 daisy007

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

Oh I just bit the bullet and bought a new ghd, wish it had waited now and got this instead!

#21 cvbn

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:34 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=491YypJhT2o

A good review.

#22 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

Damn it, now I want one!

#23 red_squirrel

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

They have them at DJs and Myer.
Just in time for Christmas.

I want one but can’t afford it.

I notice on the Dyson website the reviews are from product testers in the production phase. Would this just be people that work at Dyson? If not, how does one become one of those. I’d happily be a product tester for any big name brand.

#24 ceeshell

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

oh my god, I can't stop watching you tube videos

#25 ChaircatMiaow

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

Oh my god. I want one so badly now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.