Best combo for an active 2.5 year old and newborn?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MwahMum

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

Hello,

Please share with me what has worked / is working for you in this type of age combo?

So unsure which way to go.

As context, had a great ABC pram with newborn bassinet for DD1. Moved to a Maclaren at about 16 m.o. and haven't looked back.

TIA x

Edited by MwahMum, 21 November 2018 - 06:37 PM.

#2 Lallalla

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:50 PM

At 2.5 do you think you could just get a buggy board with a seat for the older one? We had a vee bee ezy rider which has a seat with a back and a seat belt. DD was only 21 months when her sisters were born. If I had not had twins i would probably have still gone with the City Select option as you can have a seat and a bassinet on it.

Our set up worked but was hard when she fell asleep when we were out and about. You can’t sleep on an ezy rider. I used to have to put a twin in a sling and move her into the pram, which only worked when the twins had moved into seats. My current 2.5 year olds don’t sleep in the pram anymore (and I don’t think eldest did much by that point either??? I don’t know, it’s a blur) though so I would have thought a buggy board with a seat would be fine if your kid is the same.

#3 Caribou

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:52 PM

Icandy Orange.

The reason I say iCandy orange is because the footboard is built into the pram. It's brilliant. there's no chance of hitting your feet on the add ones with other prams.

bc they're 2.5, you'd find them more likely to walk, but at times need a break. I'd get the iCandy orange, which can also double up as a 2 seater pram, but imo, you'll use a carrier, when DD is walking you put baby in pram and swap around as needed, but the time the baby is older, your DD is likely not to need pram at all, and only need footboard for occasional use. my 7yo DD LOVES the footboard. I put her on it regularly in the city.

It was a massive selling point for me and I'm so glad I have it. my DD was out of prams by the time she was 3ish. we only used it a handful of times after that. which is why I think the intergrated footboard is worth it.

its super easy to fold and transport. granted it's heavier but under storage is wonderful and I can fit a lot!

Edited by Caribou, 22 November 2018 - 09:30 AM.

#4 Future-self

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:36 PM

I had two setups depending on what we were doing. newborn in the sling and DS in the Valco Snap for just dashing into places and quick shops.  We also had a Baby Jogger city select that I used as a single for DS and then just bought the capsule attachment when DD was born. Perfect for Newborn sleeping while we walked to the playground or went to coffee or bigger shops like Bunnings ;) I Loved being able to just have them both strapped in the same place and my hands free. I was loathe to have DS too ‘free’ too early. Did that for the first 6 months for or so then bought a buggy board that fit both the City Select and Valco Snap .

Plenty of second hand City Selects around for quite cheap too

Edited by Future-self, 21 November 2018 - 07:37 PM.

#5 Lou-bags

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:01 PM

Agree with future self that a city select double is a great option and to buy one second hand.

I bought mine for 1/4 or so if the new price, with a buggy board, off gumtree. It wasn’t the latest model but was in great shape and I got awesome use out of it. Still use it as a single now with DS2, who is 2.

#6 Mooples

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

I have a bugaboo donkey, capsule adaptors and the buggy board. Means I can do whatever I need at the time. Ds1 is 3 and I still strap him into his pram seat sometimes so he can sit back, relax and I know he can’t run away.

#7 james_c

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:17 AM

We have a uppababy Alta, with a trailer board. It’s fitted with a newborn insert and reclined flat for the little one, but the almost 3 years old can still sit in it if put upright or have a nap.
It has a massive basket underneath so I keep the ergo baby in there and put the little one in if the big one needs a rest.
It’s perfect for us, in urban settings, but a bit bulky if you use the car a lot, which I don’t.

#8 MwahMum

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:28 PM

Thank you. Some very specific recommendations to research. I have a few months up my sleeve, which should also help me find something second hand x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.