Daycare gifts

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf87

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Hey all

Looking for not too exxy Xmas ideas for the daycare staff. I had a thought of a box of personalised biscuits. But I just realised two things - quite a few of the educators are Muslim. Ignorant question, but would they need to be halal? Sorry totally clueless. Also the whole nut thing? If it’s gifts for the staff would they need to be nut free?

#2 Tokra

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

Perhaps something like this would be better...

https://www.etsy.com...p_home_active_2

#3 kimasa

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

I often do tea assortments to avoid the whole nut thing.

Edited by kimasa, 23 November 2018 - 06:08 PM.

#4 Chocolate Addict

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:22 PM

I used to take in a big basket of stone fruit, sometimes self picked. :)

They could put it in the staff room and graze, and it was always appreciated and a nice change from all the chocolate they get. :)

#5 AllyK81

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:30 PM

I usually take in some fancy mince tarts, chocolates etc for them to share. We always do some home made cards.

#6 gc_melody

Posted 24 November 2018 - 07:06 AM

My two children and I give Christmas tree decorations.

I take the kids to the nearest Myer (which is a bit of a hike away) and ask the kids to pick one decoration for each of their teachers. I'm happy to spend around $25-30 dollars for each decoration. I buy a beautiful box, tissue paper and ribbon which the decoration can be stored in. My kids make the card so it's from their heart and in their own words and design.

I hope in years to come, each Christmas when their teachers decorate their tree, they will remember my children and how much we enjoyed their company, cared about them and appreciated their time and effort through that year.

#7 gracie1978

Posted 24 November 2018 - 07:45 AM

This year I'm getting them all a candle with their name on it and a gift card.

#8 Noodlez

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

Does anyone know do daycare staff drink coffee/tea while at work?

I was thinking of making a hamper with assortment of teas etc for staffroom but than thought that maybe they don’t or are not allowed to have hot drinks due to risk of injury to children.

#9 Luci

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

Noodlez, on 24 November 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

I was thinking of making a hamper with assortment of teas etc for staffroom but than thought that maybe they don’t or are not allowed to have hot drinks due to risk of injury to children.

I assume they would have a lunch break and would have it in a staff room somewhere away from the children. Hot drinks would be allowed in the staff room.

#10 petit_manchot

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

I think edibles are the way to go. Halal relates to the way meat is slaughtered, so a box of biscuits won’t raise any issues.

#11 kimasa

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:30 PM

View PostNoodlez, on 24 November 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

They have lunch breaks away from the children.

#12 *cough*

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

I buy them a $10 Dome coffee voucher each. Eastern states it's a chain coffee place in WA. They come with a gift card so easy to get the kids to draw in them.

#13 Inkogneatoh

Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostNoodlez, on 24 November 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

That's what breaks are for. Most places if your working all day you get 2 10 minute breaks, plus lunch (some places it's 30 min, some 60).

Although I was an exception. Coffee puts me to sleep, and when I was working it was before i discovered tea. So I'd suggest throwing in some hot chocolate or milo as well.

OP, if your centre is nut free, I'd keep any edibles you give nut free as well so the staff can enjoy them on breaks as well.

#14 Wolf87

Posted 24 November 2018 - 08:23 PM

View Postpetit_manchot, on 24 November 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

I think edibles are the way to go. Halal relates to the way meat is slaughtered, so a box of biscuits won’t raise any issues.

Thanks for all the advice, some lovely ideas! Because of ^this confirmation, plus the fact that I have confirmed the biscuits are nut free, I have decided to go ahead with them. Plus a handmade card! Thanks again for all the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.