Good stuff -
- He’s intelligent - picks up words almost the first time it’s heard, has been putting full sentences like ‘I want ice cream daddy’ together for about four months, so has his brother so prob a second-child thing, recognises and identifies numbers etc
- Understands appropriate behaviour, will apologise if hurts someone, if someone is hurt will often stroke their head and kiss them, love other kids, no issue with eye contact or overstimulation in shopping centres etc
- Understands directions - for example, if you ask him to sit down properly on the stool or the tv will go off, understands completely what you ask and the consequences
- Is capable of sitting for a few mins quietly looking at a book etc
- Have done Monash ASD app and no signs of autism on it though I know it’s not exact
- Sleeps through but did need less than brothers, still has a 1-2 hour nap daily, resists sleeping and rolls and cries (you have to be there with him on the bed) but sleeps soundly once asleep
- So intense, 0-100 and hard to calm down emotionally, often crying for long periods of time and wanting to be held basically all day, could never ever sleep in a cot etc, only rarely seems satisfied with life, obsessed with certain foods and fussy eater but no discernible pattern with texture or anything
- Must have his way immediately and cannot seem to wait for a thing - maybe he has to wait more than my eldest with three kids, constantly demanding things all day - water, dummies, shoes, certain foods..
- A little bit inappropriately physical - will often lie on his brother and can’t sit still for long periods on your lap, leans against others etc - this could be more noticeable as he’s very heavy
What do you guys think? It’s very difficult for me to see anyone with the nature of my life so thought I’d check in..maybe it’s the paranoid teacher in me.
Edited by newmumandexcited, 01 December 2018 - 05:46 PM.