3rd c-section.....

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Teah

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

my first was a unplanned c-section due to not dialating. seconed was planned and now the third has to be scheduled in because of uterus lining thining etc etc.

should i be concerned during pregnancy? i am already very big (stomach wise) i already look 6months and im not even 4!! ppl are always shocked! i just keep.thinking that because ill just get bigger that it will put much more preaure on my uterus and im running around with two other kids and not to mention i only just had a -section 8 months ago!!

anyone have a succesful pregnancy and third c-section??

tia

#2 Luci

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

I have had 3 C-sections.  There were no problems with my 3rd pregnancy or C-section.

Have you spoken to your care-giver about your concerns?  I don't work in the medical field at all so this is just based on my general knowledge but sometimes woman who have had a previous C-section have an issue where the site of the previous incision in their uterus becomes very thin, particularly as their pregnancy progresses and their uterus stretches larger.

I think it is possible to check this via an ultrasound so if you are worried about it you could ask the Dr or midwife who is caring for you.

#3 marple

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

Yep I've had 3. No probs . Just talk to your OB - good luck with it all.

#4 a letter to Elise.

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:04 PM

I've had 3. Definitely got bigger more quickly, but I think it's more of a weak stomach muscle thing with subsequent babies, than a c section thing. I didn't end up bigger by the end, just showed a lot earlier

#5 Teah

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

thanks ladies thats put me ease. i have an appt next week so i will ask these questions and see what he says.

i was speaking to a midwife and she freaked me out a little so got a little nervous but looks like with proper monitoring things should be fine.

thanks

#6 Luci

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:03 PM

Again this is not based on any actual medical training but I think the vast majority of woman who are having their second or third C-section do not have any problems with a thin uterus and as mentioned yes I think it can be checked by ultrasound. If you are concerned I would definitely talk to your OB about it at your next appointment.

#7 Soontobegran

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

Because you look bigger does not necessarily mean you are.
Most women who look larger than dates have a completely normal sized uterus when lying down as it is usually due to weakened abdominal muscles that just will not hold everything in like they used to.

I have looked after a woman who had 12 C/S. I am not advocating that this was good and she was warned after #9 that it was not a good idea to have more however she was not a believer in any type of contraception.

If your doctor was concerned about future pregnancies he/she would/should have said something at the time of your last C/S as you get a good view of the condition of things in there at the time of C/S.

Try to not be concerned, 3 c/s is not at all unusual and most often they are completely without issue but please talk to your doctor about your anxiety.

Good luck.

#8 SuperMombie3

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

View Posta letter to Elise., on 02 December 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

I've had 3. Definitely got bigger more quickly, but I think it's more of a weak stomach muscle thing with subsequent babies, than a c section thing. I didn't end up bigger by the end, just showed a lot earlier

I had 3 csections in 4 years, 1 emergency and 2 planned. Definitely got bigger more quickly with each.  3rd one I spent 3+ months getting you must be nearly due or about to pop type comments and people asking if it was twins.

After my second the surgeon said my uterus was quite thin with lots of adhesion. I was a bit concerned during my 3rd pregnancy, but nothing worrying showed on ultrasound and had no problems with the 3rd csection.

Edited by SuperMombie3, 02 December 2018 - 04:37 PM.

#9 tiggy2

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

I’ve had 4. No problems but Lots of monitoring.
I’m sure you will be fine, they are very cautious with it.

#10 kerilyntaryn

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:50 PM

A friend of mine has had 7 no problems

#11 DrAe

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:14 PM

I had my 3rd c section 2 weeks ago tomorrow
First was emergency then 2 elective
This csection was by fat the most relaxed of all however I have ended up with muscle separation even though this was my smallest bub!
My pregnancy was great no issues
Good luck with your pregnancy

#12 jessa86

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:50 AM

I just had my 5th. It wasn't as straight forward as my previous c-sections and I've been advised not to have anymore children. But the previous 4 were all perfectly fine with no issues.

Check with your obstetrician, they'll be able to give you the best advice as they have actually seen the condition of your scar and uterus.

#13 c.sanders

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:32 PM

The issue is that your stomach muscles are not as strong as they were with the first two so any change is making you look bigger faster...i think most women would experience the same in your case. The only issue I had with my 3rd C-section is they tried experimenting with more drugs and gave me morphine which was awful and that required I take oxygen through my nose. Otherwise it was great and the same as the second one.

#14 SuperMombie3

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

View Postc.sanders, on 03 December 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

The issue is that your stomach muscles are not as strong as they were with the first two so any change is making you look bigger faster...i think most women would experience the same in your case. The only issue I had with my 3rd C-section is they tried experimenting with more drugs and gave me morphine which was awful and that required I take oxygen through my nose. Otherwise it was great and the same as the second one.

Same happened but on my second c-section.  I made sure they didn't give me any morphine for the 3rd.

#15 Soontobegran

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

View Postc.sanders, on 03 December 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

That's unfortunate, you must be sensitive to it ( some people are ) as most mums get some Morphine as post op analgesia so usually intranasal oxygen is required until mum is really awake and alert.
Often it is given in theatre into a spinal or epidural or in a PCA and probably some mums are not told what they have.

#16 galba

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:20 PM

I've had 4 elective c-sections in 3 different countries. All went really well, each was different in its own way but the outcome was the same.

#17 **Xena**

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:17 PM

I get big with my babies despite usually having a small frame and I've had 5 c-sections with no problems. These days they tend to be more case by case basis. Some women can have multiple c-sections and be fine whilst others can only have one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.