Barnaby wants to overturn relative job ban.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Literary Lemur

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:07 AM

So Barnaby thinks he's Don Draper and would like a "wife" at work to take care of all his thought load? Because heaven forbid he should have to remember his own kids ' birthdays.

http://www.msn.com/e...&ocid=DELLDHP17

"(Your loved one is) probably one of the best persons working for you because she more than anyone understands your diary, understands kids' birthdays, anniversaries. Understands all the things you've got to be a part of if you want to stay married," he told The Courier-Mail in an interview published on Friday.

So he'd like a woman at work, paid for by the tax payers, to take care of all those annoying things you need to do to stay married?

Because that worked so well for him and his marriage last time he put that arrangement in place?

#2 mayahlb

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:09 AM

WTF? What century does he think we live in?

Oh that’s right, he’s one of those politicians who thinks women are 2nd class citizens and unfortunately have too much poet and for some strange reason obsessed over what women should be doing.

#3 steppy

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

No surprises there. Thanks, no really thanks all you NCP members and voters for inflicting this prat on us all.

No doubt he wants his partner back at work and is whinging and whining and wanted to change laws for special him. And then of course, nobody gets a job except for the relatives and spouses of this slimy lot.

#4 hills mum bec

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:18 AM

I don't get it.  How is remembering his kids birthdays and keeping a wife have anything to do with carrying out his job as a politician.  My DH manages to remember all of our kids birthdays and if he didn't he wouldn't need to employ me to remind him of them.  What other duties would this wife/employee position hold?  Very strange.

#5 seayork2002

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

Ironic really

#6 Hands Up

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

That could be in the Betoota Advocate.

Hilarious

#7 daisy007

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:35 AM

He really needs to just stop taking and go away.

#8 Bam1

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

When the job ban came in i read about a Liberal MP whiose wife was his legitimate (not just there to remind him that he is married with a family) office manager since the start and I felt sorry that the ban affected them. But Barnaby proves that you need a ban for douches like him.

#9 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:48 AM

Because Vicki wants to stay close by to monitor who he employs as his new media adviser?

#10 Literary Lemur

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:04 AM

View PostFeral Grey Mare, on 07 December 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Because Vicki wants to stay close by to monitor who he employs as his new media adviser?

Because she knows he likes to have a wife at the office and another at home?

#11 Mollyksy

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:09 AM

Barnaby. Stop. Talking. Now.

#12 EsmeLennox

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

He’s walking satire...

#13 Mollycoddle

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:24 AM

So out of touch.  I can't even.  

At least Vikki would be there to keep an eye on him though...

Edited by Mollycoddle, 07 December 2018 - 09:25 AM.

#14 71Cath

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

Isn't Vicki worried she might be the next wife to be replaced by the "work wife"?

#15 steppy

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:04 AM

Who cares if Vicky is worried or not? She's just as bad as him and also a really bad media adviser. Let them both go on welfare ... oh wait, they already are.

#16 JBH

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

I have a conundrum. I would very much like someone in my office paid to bear my personal thought load. My problem is that I am married to a man. Is it more important that my spouse does this role, or that as it is women’s work that it is done by a woman?

#17 AuntyJJJ

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:17 AM

They should get a really camp gay guy to be his PA.

#18 Kallie88

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:19 AM

You should pay a woman, she's bound to be more qualified and deserving to be paid for the job more than any man. Make sure the company pays a very good wage for her important work ;)

#19 marple

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:51 AM

View Postdaisy007, on 07 December 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

He really needs to just stop taking and go away.

Love the typo. I agree with both sentiments.

#20 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:03 AM

Well, I suppose to them that means getting the job "on merit".  Obviously a woman / 'work wife'  is the best person for the job of running a man's diary.  

Let the man get on with the important stuff.

And although he's the one who has come out and said it, I'll bet hes' not the only LNP pollie who thinks it.

#21 Beanette

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:14 AM

View PostMollyksy, on 07 December 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Barnaby. Stop. Talking. Now.

No, keep talking! Keep talking and making a fool of yourself right up to the election Posted Image

#22 Nobodyelse

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Yep, the man who cheated on his wife before leaving her in the most publically humilating way possible knows exactly what is needed to stay married.

#23 JBH

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostKallie88, on 07 December 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

You should pay a woman, she's bound to be more qualified and deserving to be paid for the job more than any man. Make sure the company pays a very good wage for her important work ;)

Good point. She’ll also be cheaper.

#24 Mummy_Em

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:49 AM

Argh. Lucky these rich white guys are employed on merit and not on some sort of quota system, so we only get the best and brightest.....

#25 Fresh Start

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

View PostBeanette, on 07 December 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

No, keep talking! Keep talking and making a fool of yourself right up to the election Posted Image

I bet New England re-elect him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.