Board/Card game suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Drat

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:03 AM

Just wanting some board/card game suggestions for DH for Christmas.

We love games like pandemic, catan, exploding kittens etc. and i'd love to get hubby something else for Christmas along those lines.

It's taken us almost 2 years to finish season 1 of pandemic! So i'm looking for other short, fun games like exploding kittens or something that doesn't take too long to set up or play. We love Catan but it's just too long to set up and play now we have kids!

#2 Chelara

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:32 AM

Codenames Duet might fit the bill. Or ticket to ride.

#3 seayork2002

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:41 AM

Risk?

#4 Sed

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:49 AM

Gloomhaven, carcassonne. Ticket to ride is good too.

#5 Drat

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostChelara, on 07 December 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Codenames Duet might fit the bill. Or ticket to ride.

We play ticket to ride quite frequently on the ipad lol.

View Postseayork2002, on 07 December 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Risk?

We have risk godstorm and hardly ever play it, it seems to take a while to set up.

#6 MrsT2018

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

Lords of Waterdeep is fun and not as long.

Other ones we love...

War of Kings
Talisman

ok this is frustrating as we have an entire cupboard jam packed of games & I cant think of the other ones lol

#7 franklymum

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

Takenoko - the most beautiful board game we own; very layered and challenging and brilliant with kids or adults.

#8 MontyMumma

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Cards against Humanity or the polite version Apples to Apples
I'm a big fan of the traditional games like Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly if you don't already have those.

#9 MoonPie

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:03 PM

Sushi Go
Sleeping Queens

If you're in Perth I can recommend a privately owned book/game shop who are ALL over this.

#10 LucyGoose

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:20 PM

Bananagrams,  like scrabble but faster pace.

#11 just roses

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

Splendour!

Brilliant for adults and kids can pick it up too. Our 11 yo has a knack for it and usually wins.

#12 BeAwesome

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:14 AM

Forbidden Island and Carcassone get played regularly here, can get through a session in about an hour.

#13 Mollycoddle

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:29 AM

View PostMontyMumma, on 07 December 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

Cards against Humanity or the polite version Apples to Apples

Another for Cards Against Humanity. Also Choking Hazard, based on the cartoon Happiness & Cyanide. There's also a meme one, can't remember the name.

#14 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:32 AM

King Domino

#15 Illiterati

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Articulate is a fave at our house

#16 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

Oops I just started a thread on this not realising there was a current one!

#17 Sarzie

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:18 AM

Machi Koro is good.

#18 rickon

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:23 AM

Unstable Unicorns. “Build a unicorn army, betray your friends, Unicorns are your friends now”
Bought it at target about $30 I think.

#19 Seven of Nine

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

Another vote for Codenames.

Would you consider a video game? Broken Age is good and you can get it on the iPad for $8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.