Please help - lost USBs

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 qak

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:00 PM

I had backed up some important information onto 2 USBs, and then put them in "a safe place" but I now can't remember where that is ...

One of them is black, and I think the other one is silvery-blue. I think I put them into a snack size zip-lock bag, and rolled it up with an elastic band around it. And I think I put a note under the elastic bank with my name and that it was important!

I have combed through everywhere I can think of, twice, can anyone see where I might have put them?

#2 born.a.girl

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

Did you want to hide them at all - to either keep them safe or make sure no one else got their hands on them?

Did they leave the house?

#3 qak

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

I was hiding them to keep them safe.

I did carry them around in my handbag for a couple of weeks and thought that wasn't the safest place, so that's when I put them wherever they now are!

#4 born.a.girl

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:13 PM

So you hid them in your house?

Got a piano? I once put some jewellery inside the lid when we went on holidays, and it was months before I remembered where it put them.

That was the last time I ever put something somewhere I wouldn't automatically come across it at some point.

Have you scoured the pantry?  Up on top of any built ins that stop short of the ceiling?  Under the sofa cushions?  In the pocket of something in the wardrobe?  Taped behind some art on the wall?  In an empty vase?

#5 qak

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

Yes, in my house ...

Going to have a little break now and will resume searching tonight!

#6 born.a.girl

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

Fingers crossed for you.

At least you know they're somewhere in your house!

We 'lost' our passports for two hours in Wales a few months ago.   They turned up in a place we'd looked through twice.

#7 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:03 PM

I have put things into the pocket of a winter coat hanging in the wardrobe for safekeeping.

#8 just2ofus

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

Old glasses case? Like sunglasses?

#9 qak

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

Yippeeeee!!!

DS found it - in DH's office drawers ... :huh:
I don't remember putting it there but it must have been me :rolleyes:

Now I'll have to think where I should keep them!

#10 eponee

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:00 PM

When you find a place for them, tell us so we can remind you next time you lose them

#11 MwahMum

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

Sock drawer.

Back of a kitchen drawer with big appliances.

Behind the cereal in your pantry (or other almost empty box).

Full disclosure: I have no psychic abilities...

Good luck x

#12 MwahMum

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

Bahah. I was too late with my non-psychic abilities.

But the upside is you have some other hiding spot options now :-D

#13 eponee

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:03 PM

View PostMwahMum, on 17 December 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Sock drawer.

Back of a kitchen drawer with big appliances.

Behind the cereal in your pantry (or other almost empty box).

Full disclosure: I have no psychic abilities...

Good luck x

She's found them.

#14 born.a.girl

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:49 AM

Great news, thanks for letting us know.

One thing that can work when you hide things, is actually telling yourself (out loud is best, but even in your head is o.k) where you have put them.  Not absent mindedly as your mind moves to 'what's for dinner?', but clearly focused on that one matter.  Put a picture in your head of you putting them there.

Must confess I don't put it into action with most everyday things, but it's always worked for me with my glasses.  I put them down in a different spot every night, but always *know* next morning where they are, and given I'm up much earlier than anyone else, need to be able to grab them in the half light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.