Mattress recommendations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Suphs

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

I’m looking for some recommendations for a new mattress. I’m a shift worker and have had issues with sore hips , looking for something to give me support without having a pillow top on it. Not sure whether to try one of the mattresses in a box or go to a store ! Don’t want to spend Copious amounts of money however want something that will help me sleep well and last!

#2 Elizabethandfriend

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

I have a hip problem too (and lower back tightness).  I just swapped my pillow top mattress for a mattress in a box - Ergoflex.  Overall, I'm much happier, although I find it maybe just slightly too firm.  There is no 'roll together' and I my hip has definitely improved since I changed mattresses.  I expected to trial a few mattresses but I found after a couple of weeks I was satisfied with the new mattress and there was no reason to keep looking.

#3 just roses

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:18 AM

Try a mattress in a box. It's risk free because you can send it back if you don't like it.

We should have done that and would have if DH hadn't wanted a Sealy. Now, neither of us can stand it and we might need to just donate it and buy a Koala or something.

Don't make my mistake!

#4 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

If you are in Melbourne/Victoria I highly recommend Beds4Backs

https://beds4backs.c...or-backs-store/

We purchased an Ergolife mattress 11years ago and still love it. When our house is finished in 6m we will be buying new mattress for us and all the kids from them.

We have the standard mattress without the added pillowtop layers.

#5 FloralArrangement

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

Our Koala mattress is good, we both have dodgy backs. Dd1 also now has one and loves it as well. $950.00 for queen, delivery that day or next day. 120 day no drama return policy. SIL got a very pricey sealy and does not love it either.

#6 Kirra29

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

I have an ecosa and love it although it is pretty firm. Apparently you can take the layers apart and adjust the firmness a bit but I just can’t be bothered. I didn’t realise how much I love it until I slept on another bed recently for a week and was so relieved to get home. It is also great if you share a bed with a partner as the disturbance is so minimal. I think they’re having a sale at the moment too and the delivery is free and fast. With a 100 day test period I think it’s worth a try

#7 SeaPrincess

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:42 PM

I was having issues with my hips before we got our Koala mattress, and we’ve been really happy with it. The cover is removable, and ours had a hole in it when it arrived and they sent us out a new cover with no dramas.

Some Myer stores have the Koala on display.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.