Don't know for sure if I miscarried?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mumof3specs

Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:54 PM

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me. I was 6 weeks pregnant on Monday. I had some spotting with turned to light bleeding from boxing day until today which has finally tapered off to light brown spotting. The bleeding never got really heavy, I passed no clots (except some tiny little bits of something mixed with the bleeding) I had a medium amount of back pain and period pain for 2 days only (not constant only sporadically) but nothing really exruciating like I hear miscarriage pain is.  It was quite manageable really. The rest of the time the blood has been consistent but just dribbling out, no gushes, not filling pads, and nothing as bad as I thought it would be. Could this have been a miscarriage? I had a BT a few days ago and the doc said my levels weren't as high as they should be for 6 weeks. Im getting a follow up BT tomorrow but because of christmas and new year no radiology places are open for scans until late next week. So I can't find out what's actually going on and it's doing my head in. I don't know whether to presume I am not pregnant anymore or hold some hope? I did a test today and its still quite dark but I am guessing it takes a while for the HCG to lower in my body.

#2 Mrs Claus

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

This was how my miscarriage was unfortunately. My body still thought it was pregnant so I was having morning sickness etc. I ended up having a d&c at 10 weeks even though I’d known from 6.5 weeks. Doc wanted me to wait to miscarry ‘properly’ but after 3+ weeks I needed to do it.

I hope you have better news x

#3 cvbn

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

My HPT's faded very quickly once I started to bleed. I would still have that ultrasound to make sure.

I don't want to get your hopes up though.

Take care.

#4 Mumof3specs

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for your replies. I will get onto the blood test tomorrow then hopefully a scan later in the week to confirm either way.

#5 Blueberry3

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:55 PM

The blood test tomorrow will give you a fair idea as you will know if your levels have increased or not. I have had a miscarriage similar to what you described, but I have also had a successful pregnancy also with spotting and like a light period from around 5-8 weeks pregnant. So I know what you are going through, it’s hard but hang in there and good luck I hope it’s a positive ending for you.

#6 Mumof3specs

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:39 AM

Thank you. I have had the BT, waiting on results. I also have a scan later today. Feeling anxious.

#7 Blueberry3

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:24 AM

View PostMumof3specs, on 31 December 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

Thank you. I have had the BT, waiting on results. I also have a scan later today. Feeling anxious.

Ok that’s good you are having your scan today, I know how hard it is not knowing. I have everything crossed for you.

#8 Bec&h

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

Thinking of you OP, I hope your scan gives you some answers and I hope those answers are positive for you

#9 MissTR

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

I had a mc that was just like a period with very little pain and few clots,  i had another miscarriage with tons of pain and clots, you just never know.

I hope your scan gave you the answers you need

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.