hyundai tucson 2016 -3 car seats - 1xFF & 2xRF

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Teah

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

Anyone succesfully fitted 3 carseats in this model?

ill be due for my third next year but i already have a rear facing (0-4yrs) for my 8month old and a Forward Facing (6months-8yrs) for my 2.5 yr old. so im not sure which one is slim enough to now fit in fhe middle?? as a rear facing.

advice please because i really dont want to have to get a new car.

#2 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

My FIL has one. We couldn't fit 2 adults with a car seat in the middle unless the adults were very thin unlike my Mazda CX5 which we can. The back seat is narrow. You might have to try and fit the narrowest width seats you can find, which might mean getting 3 new seats, which is cheaper than a new car!

#3 Staying Strange

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:31 PM

We dont have the same car as you. But I just wanted to throw out there... Can your eldest go in the middle, in the  forward facing seat?

We have twins and put 2x rear facing and 1x forward facing in our car with our eldest in the middle, forward facing.  She was able to climb in and out quite easily. And even though the twins are now 2.5yrs we still have our eldest in the middle

We measured the inside of our car then checked out all the car seat specs so we knew which configuration to buy... you may need to buy new/different seats but hopefully you can fit them all in.

Good luck.

#4 Future-self

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

Head to the baby shop and try.
We have a Tucson and I was needing to fit 3 across: a 0-4 seat FF; plus a booster and a harnessed to 8 years seat . It was tricky but we got there. Install the middle first and I would agree that the FF seat goes there, with the RF ones then on the ends.
Baby Bunting were such a great help

#5 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

What seats do you have now? Depending what they are you may be able to keep them, but they may need replacing.

If you need new seats:
For the FF seat look at infasecure Grandeur (aka titanium or cadence or achieve) or Britax maxi guard (base model or pro)

For the RF seats look at Britax graphene or brava or Compaq, or infasecure quattro (aka duet or attain)

#6 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

Recommend you consider at least one RF infasecure seat as you can swap the top tether adjuster to either side of the seat. The Britax seats have the tether adjuster fixed to the left of the seat which isn't easily accessible for the seat installed on the driver's side.

#7 Prancer is coming

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:31 PM

We have this car in a 2008 model and have had 1 rf in a safe and sound (guardian or premium, can’t remember which) and 2 ff, one in a maxi rider and one in a hi liner booster.  We thought we would have to replace the maxi rider as they are not compact, but it all fitted.   And we had it done by our local RAC so it was all done properly, not just by us chucking them in!

From memory, I think the hi liner was in the middle?  It was awkward for the booster seatbelt to do up, but the child in thst seat was all over it.  Now we just have the maxi rider and the high liner and it really is a squish for my 12 year old to sit in the middle.  Tossing up whether to take my not that big 10yo out of a seat, or for he 6yo to move to a hi liner.

#8 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:02 AM

Unfortunately the Tucson had a major upgrade and redesign in 2016 so older versions could be more roomer. I know the old box type Nissans had great flat rear seats but the newer models got all curved and ergonomic which makes it harder to fot carseats on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.