Jump to content
VB or elective c
52 replies to this topic
Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:06 PM
Update: currently 39 weeks.
Was offered a c again this morning due to a minor reason that I don't want to go into, but can say is related more to considerations to bubs than me. (Very minor consideration that would not influence my decision on its own).
Thought I was adamant on wanting to try for the VB, but this has made me revisit/rethink this.
Re-reading the posts above, it seems those who did tear with #1, who then elected for a C-S for #2, none of you have any regrets.
Really just bumping this to see if there are any new thoughts or experiences that anyone feels compelled to share at this point.
I'm currently leaning 60% to having the CS and hoping to make a decision in the morning...
(I do have a wonderful midwife who is supporting me with continuity of care. She will support whichever way I choose, recognising I was strongly hoping for a non-surgical route second time around...)
Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:26 PM
If it's a minor consideration and you think you and baby would be one doing a VB, I think go for the VB, as long as long as you feel 100% confident. I think a positive attitude and feeling goes a long way. I wasn't confident second time around so opted for an elective and I am happy that I did that.
Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:51 PM
I had an attempted VBAC after a Caesarian, though it failed, I’d happily do the VBAC it was such a wonderful experience. But I think it depends on your caregivers too.
I’m still happy with my choices and though it was an emergency CS, I recovered much faster than my first CS.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Top 5 Viewed Articles