VB or elective c

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 MwahMum

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Update: currently 39 weeks.

Was offered a c again this morning due to a minor reason that I don't want to go into, but can say is related more to considerations to bubs than me. (Very minor consideration that would not influence my decision on its own).

Thought I was adamant on wanting to try for the VB, but this has made me revisit/rethink this.

Re-reading the posts above, it seems those who did tear with #1, who then elected for a C-S for #2, none of you have any regrets.

Really just bumping this to see if there are any new thoughts or experiences that anyone feels compelled to share at this point.

I'm currently leaning 60% to having the CS and hoping to make a decision in the morning...

(I do have a wonderful midwife who is supporting me with continuity of care. She will support whichever way I choose, recognising I was strongly hoping for a non-surgical route second time around...)

#52 blueskies12

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:26 PM

If it's a minor consideration and you think you and baby would be one doing a VB, I think go for the VB, as long as long as you feel 100% confident. I think a positive attitude and feeling goes a long way. I wasn't confident second time around so opted for an elective and I am happy that I did that.

#53 Caribou

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

I had an attempted VBAC after a Caesarian, though it failed, I’d happily do the VBAC it was such a wonderful experience. But I think it depends on your caregivers too.

I’m still happy with my choices and though it was an emergency CS, I recovered much faster than my first CS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.