Ideas for a middle Name.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Chocolate Cherub

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

My DN (niece) keeps coming back to first name Au.burn for DD due April.
She can’t find a middle that she thinks goes really well with Au.burn which in turn might help her decide yes or no definitely.
Surname McKenzie - Current ideas…
Auburn Charlotte
Auburn Francesca or suggestions welcome. Thank you.

#2 Gudrun

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

I think one syllable would sit nicely between Auburn and McKenzie eg

Jean
June
Lang
Clare

Auburn is an inspired choice. I really like it!

#3 Chocolate Cherub

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

Thanks Gudrun. I’ll pass that on. I love it too. Since I am not crying ‘Boy’s name etc.,’ I am getting the pressure to come up with a middle. My inspiration was to pass it on and yes I agree the 1 syllable sounds smart. Great flow. I think Jean is currently on top ten for middles in Scotland so is quite perfect! Not sure that I actually get naming rights however.

#4 kerilyntaryn

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

Charlotte or Francine are nice

Jean is ok

other middles

Beth, Brooke, Faith, Bonnie, Claire, Bryn, Maeve, Mae, Kate, Quinn, Rose, Paige, Blair, Fiona, Ishbel, Isobel, Isla, Aisla, Elsbeth, Annabel, Arabella, Amelia, Elizabeth, Isabella, Victoria, Natalia

#5 deedee15

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:25 PM

Auburn Summer
Auburn Patricia
Auburn Maureen
Auburn Margaret
Auburn Kate
Auburn Lily
Auburn Violet
Auburn June
Auburn Scarlett

#6 MsLaurie

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Auburn Claire
Auburn Rachel
Auburn Marie

#7 Silverstreak

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Auburn Lilian
Auburn Sarah
Auburn Frances
Auburn Mary

And some hippie colour / gem names because hey, why not!

Auburn Citrine
Auburn Topaz
Auburn Moonstone
Auburn Flame

#8 Chocolate Cherub

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

View PostSilverstreak, on 10 January 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Auburn Lilian
Auburn Sarah
Auburn Frances
Auburn Mary

And some hippie colour / gem names because hey, why not!

Auburn Citrine
Auburn Topaz
Auburn Moonstone
Auburn Flame
Silversteak it's tempting isn't it? Moonstone is my birthstone -what a subtle way she could honour me. :rolleyes:
Auburn being a word name, becomes an adjective even with Brooke, Summer, Sky, Rose! Lily, Paige. Less obvious than
Scarlett Magnolia. Whether to go with such a combo or not?
I would if I loved it, and not so obvious. I've met those who struggle to say what Auburn is - er a colour. If family members have that colour hair, and we do - it's  obvious!
I get why DN is struggling with a middle.
Thank you all for suggestions.

#9 Chocolate Cherub

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

View PostMsLaurie, on 10 January 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

Auburn Claire
Auburn Rachel
Auburn Marie
These are the 3, I came up with. :yes: Arbitrary girl names.
They are all lovely. In choosing Auburn as a first, it does rule out many word names depending on where they draw the line as obvious.
I like Gudrun's Jean suggestion. I like Sarah.The 2, 1, 3 syllable name combination, DN said she likes that if she can find a suitable, well great 1 syll.name.

#10 Gudrun

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

Maybe look at some surnames that might go in the middle?  That flow well but just let Auburn shine.

Edited by Gudrun, 11 January 2019 - 03:28 AM.

#11 Ollie83

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

Oh I like it. I could see it sitting with something very feminine maybe:

Celeste
Chelsea
Clementine

#12 EmmDasher

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

James! I think it would be so spunky in that combination.

Faye
Harriet
Annabel
Luella
Jade
Clara
Rowena/Rihanna
Reese
Blythe
Vera

Edited by EmmDasher, 11 January 2019 - 11:32 AM.

#13 majirlo

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:07 PM

Auburn James is brilliant!  It flows beautifully with McKenzie and if you're going to go with something unusual like Auburn (lovely choice), I think the whole name needs to be equally great, rather than pair it with an ordinary middle name.  Love how feminine and spunky it sounds.

The long 'a' sound works really well.  Also like the sound of Auburn Kate/Cate -  not sure if it works well with McKenzie - Auburn Kate McKenzie. Too much che?

Don't mind Auburn Charlotte and Auburn Celeste but absolutely love EmmDasher's suggestion of Auburn James McKenzie.

#14 Gudrun

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

Beth
Ruth
Bryce
Blair
Bail
Merle

#15 Aga

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

Auburn is sweet
I don't really like the two middle names with Auburn.

Your niece might like:

Auburn Lucy McKenzie
Auburn Eliza McKenzie
Auburn Catriona McKenzie

Other first names suggestion:

Scarlett Isobel McKenzie
Scarlett Jean McKenzie
Alice Elizabeth McKenzie
Alison Jane McKenzie
Susanna Lily McKenzie

#16 kerilyntaryn

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

any updates?

#17 kerilyntaryn

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

how is your shortlist going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.