Countdown to puppies.Updated with puppy pics.

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#26 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Wahoo! Go Eden!

#27 kadoodle

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Any more?

#28 FiveAus

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:29 PM

Number three is a big blue merle boy. Absolutely stunning.

#29 TheGreenSheep

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

OMG, love a puppy thread.
I’m hooked.
I’m stalking.
How many
What colour
Boys
Girls
Names.

I am hooked....

#30 ausfarmerswife

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

YAY puppies I love puppy threads especially new born puppies there’s nothing more rewarding than Bonding with your mother dog and helping her with her pups.

#31 FiveAus

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

Number four is another big blue merle boy, and he was rapidly followed by a little blue merle sister.

So we're up to five. Four blue merles and a black tri.

#32 kadoodle

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

Loads of mini Cashes!

DH is getting all excited, and I’ve told him no more puppies ever.

#33 Mollyksy

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

Grandma FiveAus, congratulations!! Pics please!

And Kadoodle, DH is still very much in the dog house I presume?! Lol at him suggesting more puppies given the trouble the existing ones (and rest of the zoo) got him in!

#34 FiveAus

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

We've finished with six. The last one was a blue merle girl. So we have three boys and three girls. Five blue merles and a tri colour.
A very, very nice litter and a pleasant way to spend the evening!

Edited by FiveAus, 20 January 2019 - 10:47 PM.

#35 FiveAus

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:46 PM

We have Niko, Josh, Josie, Harry, Rose and one un named girl. I'm thinking on that one. Niko and Rose are named after two friends.

#36 Pink Flamingo

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

How lovely! Congratulations nanna FiveAus and well done Eden!

#37 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:46 AM

And here's the new family. Their first night in the world was calm and peaceful. Eden is a great mum, very attentive and proud of her pretty family.

#38 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:06 AM

View Postkadoodle, on 20 January 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

Loads of mini Cashes!

DH is getting all excited, and I’ve told him no more puppies ever.

These are Cash's grandkids. And yes, a lot of them look like him!

My puppies aren't naughty or mischievous, they are perfect ;-)

#39 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:08 AM

Baby number 6 has been named Lani. My sister in law in the US follows along with all our dog stuff, loves our puppies and big dogs and is immensely proud of them. Her name is Linda so I just used some of the letters from her name and came up with Lani.

#40 kadoodle

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:21 AM

They’re so lovely; and half of each! Clever Eden.

#41 TheGreenSheep

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:58 AM

They are lovely!

#42 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:46 AM

Shes so clever! Welcome earthside, pups.

#43 born.a.girl

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostFiveAus, on 20 January 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

We have Niko, Josh, Josie, Harry, Rose and one un named girl. I'm thinking on that one. Niko and Rose are named after two friends.

How often do people keep the names you've given them?

#44 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 21 January 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

How often do people keep the names you've given them?

Probably about half the time. They are under absolutely no pressure to though. I give them names just because it's more fun when I photograph them and post their pics on my FB page. Plus it's easier to refer to them by names rather than descriptions...blue boy one, blue girl two etc.

Two puppies that I kept got a name change when I decided they were staying. Tiger became Cash and Bluebell became Eden. Charlotte kept her name simply because she grew into it and I couldn't come up with anything that suited her more.

#45 raspberry sherbert

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:29 AM

Aww, they are adorable

#46 mayahlb

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

Oh gosh they are soooo adorable.

#47 born.a.girl

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

View PostFiveAus, on 21 January 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

Probably about half the time. They are under absolutely no pressure to though. I give them names just because it's more fun when I photograph them and post their pics on my FB page. Plus it's easier to refer to them by names rather than descriptions...blue boy one, blue girl two etc.

Two puppies that I kept got a name change when I decided they were staying. Tiger became Cash and Bluebell became Eden. Charlotte kept her name simply because she grew into it and I couldn't come up with anything that suited her more.

That all makes sense. I'd probably keep the name, too, given how hard it is to come up with one.

That said, our Lost Dogs' home 16 week old came home called 'Connor', which i felt was a very un-doggy name, so we renamed him.

#48 Kirralee2015

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

So wonderful!  Well done Eden x

#49 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

So after a whole 3 hours of broken sleep on the couch next to the whelping box, I attempted to take puppy photos. They are a bit rough around the edges, but so am I at the moment.

In their birth order.

Niko

Attached File  niko2.jpg   168.28K   588 downloads

Josie

Attached File  josie.jpg   159.56K   609 downloads

Josh

Attached File  josh1.jpg   180.05K   486 downloads

Harry

Attached File  harry1.jpg   165.57K   346 downloads

Edited by FiveAus, 21 January 2019 - 03:42 PM.

#50 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

And the two little blue girls.

Rose

Attached File  rose2.jpg   212.85K   315 downloads

And Lani

Attached File  lani2.jpg   165.94K   323 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.