Countdown to puppies.Updated with puppy pics.

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#51 amdirel

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

Oh my gosh!! Soooo cute!

#52 sueratbag

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

If I guessed 6 at this point, I'd be cheating, yeah?
Congratulations to grandma FiveAus and to Eden.

I always feel sorry for the mums that puppies and kittens have such needle sharp teeth. Gummy human babies are easier!

#53 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

These guys don't have teeth yet, and won't til they're about 3 weeks old. Once they start to bite, mum starts to chastise, usually with a sharp nip.

#54 JustBeige

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Oh how gorgeous :)

#55 IamtheMumma

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

Congratulations!! Eden is simply stunning. Gorgeous puppies.

#56 ~J_WTF~

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

View Postsueratbag, on 21 January 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

If I guessed 6 at this point, I'd be cheating, yeah?
Congratulations to grandma FiveAus and to Eden.

I always feel sorry for the mums that puppies and kittens have such needle sharp teeth. Gummy human babies are easier!

Puppies are gummy too. As fiveaus said they don’t get teeth until 3 weeks and once they do Mum sorts them out and will wean them.

They are gorgeous fiveAus, love their names!

Naming them was one of our favourite parts and watching their personalities grow!

#57 eilca

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

Divine gorgeousness.

#58 Tinky Winky Woo

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

I want a puppy.  Josie is my favourite.

#59 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

View Post~J_F~, on 21 January 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

Naming them was one of our favourite parts and watching their personalities grow!

These ones got named in the midst of puppy whelping exhaustion. At least I haven't looked at the names and gone "What was I thinking???"

In a fit of inspiration (probably induced by post puppy exhaustion), I have also come up with a theme and a list of registered names. The father of this litter is named King, so my theme is "Queen" and names inspired by Queen lyrics.

#60 Catticus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

Who gets to be The Killer?

#61 mayahlb

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

Gosh they are soooo cute.

#62 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

View Post*Spikey*, on 21 January 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

Who gets to be The Killer?

I made a pact years ago that I would never give a puppy a name I didn't want it to live up to. I had a girl whose show name was Bad Attitude (not named by me) and I have never had a dog who hated being shown as much as she did. I retired her very close to her title because it got to the point where it was too embarrassing to show her. She'd snap at judges, limp, act like a complete little a-hole, make herself look like a bag lady...just so I'd take her out of the show ring.

So maybe not The Killer. We don't want to end up in dog jail.

#63 kadoodle

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

View PostFiveAus, on 21 January 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

These guys don't have teeth yet, and won't til they're about 3 weeks old. Once they start to bite, mum starts to chastise, usually with a sharp nip.

It’s always reassuring when you see animal babies being naughty, and their parents disciplining them.

#64 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

View Postkadoodle, on 21 January 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

It’s always reassuring when you see animal babies being naughty, and their parents disciplining them.

I love watching the mother dogs with their babies. They are often hard taskmasters and when they discipline, it's quick, to the point and often hurts (puppy yelps), but it's over and done with and no grudges are held, no anger is carried over and everyone goes back to business.
And the puppies learn fast. One or two nips and they don't do it again.

#65 Chchgirl

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

How cute, congratulations!

#66 kadoodle

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

My kids all think Josh is the prettiest.

I suck at names. Mama is still Mama, because I can’t think of anything else. All my dogs have arrived with names, thankfully.

#67 FiveAus

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:03 AM

View Postkadoodle, on 21 January 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

I suck at names. Mama is still Mama, because I can’t think of anything else. All my dogs have arrived with names, thankfully.

Josh has got the most amazing body markings. Looking forward to seeing him grow. Although he's a blue merle, he's got great big black patches on his back. It will make for interesting patterns as his coat grows. Harry is the complete opposite. He's almost silver, his merle spots are barely there.

I keep switching from one to the other..."Oh my, you're gorgeous!" "Oooooh, you're so pretty" "Look how handsome you are!"
So right now, I just love them all. And I think they are all just perfect.

#68 JustCurious100

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:57 AM

Oh my heart! They're all gorgeous

#69 born.a.girl

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

View Postkadoodle, on 21 January 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

I think Mama is lovely, especially for that particular dog.  How are your chances looking of keeping her?

#70 FiveAus

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:29 AM

My friend adopted a very old border collie whose name was Gemma. She nicknamed her Nanna, and it suited her so well that we all just called her Nanna.

#71 kadoodle

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 22 January 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

I think Mama is lovely, especially for that particular dog.  How are your chances looking of keeping her?

Her former owner has gone very quiet since he called to hassle me and DH answered the call.

#72 born.a.girl

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

View Postkadoodle, on 22 January 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Her former owner has gone very quiet since he called to hassle me and DH answered the call.

I think you could go for 'possession is 9/10ths of the law'.  Not that it worked with my daughter's boyfriend. We looked after his adorable two month old kitten for a month. Figured as he'd doubled his weight in the time we had him, he was half ours.  Didn't wash unfortunately, but we do get pics.

Trying to get a kitten to sit still on the kitchen scales was entertaining.

#73 *Ker*

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

I like Lani.

You HAVE to name one Bohemian Rhapsody!

My nan has a Tibbie with the show name "it's all too hard". He lives up to it.

#74 FiveAus

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

Well, one of my little puppies looks like he's not going to make it. Niko went downhill around lunchtime and I've tried everything I know to get him to pick up then took him to the vet this evening. This is the side of breeding that really really sucks. We think he has a blockage in his bowel, the vet gave him an enema and it did nothing except make him more miserable. He's vomited up the milk I gave him earlier today and the prognosis isn't good.

#75 FiveAus

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:28 PM

View Post*Ker*, on 22 January 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

I like Lani.

You HAVE to name one Bohemian Rhapsody!

My nan has a Tibbie with the show name "it's all too hard". He lives up to it.

Nope, no Bohemian Rhapsody. There are already at least two Australian Shepherds with that registered name.

However, one of them is going to be Scaramouche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.